X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Eh-T! Mandy!
    Saw this and thought of you.
    I don't understand why this would make you think of me, I don't own a cat.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Sure, sure, sure, gang up on us poor Canadians, who realize not to throw out everything everytime something new comes along

*hugs my VCR*
    Ya, we are environmentally friendly and don't want to fill the landfill with all our cool old stuff.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    me loves my vcr's, and i won't part with them until i absolutely have to.
    Welcome to the club Sky!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Never mind EH-T - I still use cassettes to listen to music. I still have my very first cassette I got - Olivia Newton John's Xanadu soundtrack. I'm actually going out soon to purchase a new stereo system so I can play my cassettes after the old one chewed my Pointer Sister/Bananarama tape. Most of my country & western music is on cassette and it's stuff you can't get on cd anymore - I've checked...been searching the net for ages. So I need a tape player.
    As for the VHS - most of our family videos are on VHS...the kids baby vids, my Doris Day vids, old cartoons and classics like The Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins.
    At least we know what the new stuff is - kinda. My son when he saw a vinyl record for the first time, thought it was the biggest cd he'd ever seen. Actually, the kids still reckon it's cool when we pull out the old records.
    Thanks for the support Chelle. Xanadu? Wow, that brings back memories.

I love taking my walkman on a plane, the young guys at security have no clue what it is or how to open it!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Eh-T! Mandy!
      Saw this and thought of you.
      LOL *hides from Mandy and Eh-T*
      I have a VCR but its not plugged in any more.
      The captions says:
      Amanda Tapping was nominated for Best TV Actress for Sanctuary. She lost to Being Erica's Erin Karpluk, who wasn't at the ceremony.
      That's a bummer - I would have liked to have seen Amanda get it rather than someone who wasn't even there. And my apologies but every time I hear that name Karpluk I think of that game Kerplunk - I hope Amanda kerplunks Karpluk next year or at the very least at the Geminis later this year.
      Hahahaha!! Nicely put Chelle!! *highfives*

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Did you tick the box under the message that says "I have the correct version of Windows Media Player" etc and click the button decline detection?
        yes i did, and then norton anti virus tells me a recent attempt to attack my computer was blocked.

BUT, just now, when i tried it again, i saw a blink and you'd miss it message, something about a browser... so i went to internet explorer browser and it worked.

so i guess that site only works with IE.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          yes i did, and then norton anti virus tells me a recent attempt to attack my computer was blocked.

BUT, just now, when i tried it again, i saw a blink and you'd miss it message, something about a browser... so i went to internet explorer browser and it worked.

i guess that explains why i was able to watch it straight away without ticking any boxes or whatnot... i only ever use IE...
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

and I only use IE if i have to
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              actually the person i wanted to find out more about upon first seeing stargate was sam... at the time id never really paid any attention to the person behind an actor... i had actors i thought were good, but in terms of their roles... it was when i stumbled across AT's official site and happened to read amanda's bio that i then wanted to know more about her... amanda is the first time i ever became a fan of the person (not simply as an actress) behind the character... amanda is not only my favourite actress she is also my favourite celebrity, which too me is two different things...
              Me too, after seeing more of Sam, I wanted to know more about AT, I found out things about her as an actor, roles she's done and what not, then I went to imdb and other message boards to read comments about her, and I was VERY impressed with what I read. I started to like and admire Amanda more as a person than actress, and I was a little worried I'd find something from someone saying she's a bad person or whatever, but I never did.

The more I read about her from fan comments on GW and elsewhere, I was amazed with how much she has made fans, and the things she does to make them happy, I quickly knew that I wanted to stick with AT, and I am so glad I did. Every new thing I read about her reminds of why I choose follow her in the first place, out of all the actors and celebs I've liked over the years, she's the most genuine, and she's never let me down.

The captions says:
              Amanda Tapping was nominated for Best TV Actress for Sanctuary. She lost to Being Erica's Erin Karpluk, who wasn't at the ceremony.
              That's a bummer - I would have liked to have seen Amanda get it rather than someone who wasn't even there. And my apologies but every time I hear that name Karpluk I think of that game Kerplunk - I hope Amanda kerplunks Karpluk next year or at the very least at the Geminis later this year.
              I love your posts oh wise Chelle. Since you posted that tweet, check this out-

@ShowPatrol I don't know this BeingErica show whose actress beat out @amandatapping, but AT's performance as amazing in #Sanctuary ep Pavor Nocturnas

And I at your "Amanda kerplunks Karpluk" comment.

Queens Birthday long weekend here - the cops are blitzing the roads and yet our road toll is climbing still. I'm avoiding driving unless absolutely necessary. But it's back to work tomorrow so I'm gonna hit all the nutters coming home from their long weekend break....and I don't mean in the literal sense, I mean that they'll all be coming home and be on the road when I'm trying to get home after a work - always happens on a long weekend. But still, must take care of Magnus at all costs!
              Drive safely everyone.
              (((Samandans)))
              Cool, I rarely go anywhere for... anything really, I like it here.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that
              No, your not the only one. MOST CERTAINLY NOT!

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              *Saves pic*

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                Me too, after seeing more of Sam, I wanted to know more about AT, I found out things about her as an actor, roles she's done and what not, then I went to imdb and other message boards to read comments about her, and I was VERY impressed with what I read. I started to like and admire Amanda more as a person than actress, and I was a little worried I'd find something from someone saying she's a bad person or whatever, but I never did.

The more I read about her from fan comments on GW and elsewhere, I was amazed with how much she has made fans, and the things she does to make them happy, I quickly knew that I wanted to stick with AT, and I am so glad I did. Every new thing I read about her reminds of why I choose follow her in the first place, out of all the actors and celebs I've liked over the years, she's the most genuine, and she's never let me down.
                becoming a fan of amanda the person was quiet by accident on my part... i wasnt out looking for information relevant to amanda the person, i was looking for stuff on sam (pictures, info), maybe a filmography to see what else amanda, the actor, had been in... while on AT.com i read decided to read her bio, which included the quote in my sig, and that was when i knew i had to find out more about amanda the person...

like i said, i see being a fan of amanda the actor and amanda the person as two different things... there are many actors whose performances i enjoy, and have even followed to other shows, but i dont know much at all about the person behind the actor... i have rarely joined or chatted in forums in relation to the people, i typically discuss characters, shows, music, etc on fandoms...
                Last edited by katjoy; 13 June 2010, 09:27 PM.
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

*walks in*

Sam and Amanda rule!

*runs away*

Comment

Hmm, well I used Firefox on my Dell XP and it worked fine, too. I did try watching it on one of my netbooks which has Windows 7 (with IE and Firefox browsers) and it didn't work. Still trying to figure out why when the media player was working fine. Now to experiment with my other PC which has Vista. Is it the OS and how media player is installed or the browser?

Comment

It works with Firefox too...I only use FF but on rare occasions I might use IE. Just luck I guess.
                      Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      *walks in*
                      Sam and Amanda rule!
                      *runs away*
                      YO! Get back in here and shout it...we like to hear things like this -
                      SAM & AMANDA RULE!!

See - easy peasy!
                      (((Samandans)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It works with Firefox too...I only use FF but on rare occasions I might use IE. Just luck I guess.

YO! Get back in here and shout it...we like to hear things like this -
                        SAM & AMANDA RULE!!

See - easy peasy!
                        (((Samandans)))
                        Yeah!!! Big Time!!!
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          we have two dvr's both of which record on two channels at the same time, and you can watch a third or watch something that has been recorded even when two shows are already recording...
                          If I REALLY got desperate to record multiple things, I've got one dvr (that can record two things), a dvd recorder, two vcr's and two computers with tv cards. So, I could record 7 things! Usually, I just use my dvr.

Never mind EH-T - I still use cassettes to listen to music. I still have my very first cassette I got - Olivia Newton John's Xanadu soundtrack. I'm actually going out soon to purchase a new stereo system so I can play my cassettes after the old one chewed my Pointer Sister/Bananarama tape. Most of my country & western music is on cassette and it's stuff you can't get on cd anymore - I've checked...been searching the net for ages. So I need a tape player.
                          As for the VHS - most of our family videos are on VHS...the kids baby vids, my Doris Day vids, old cartoons and classics like The Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins.
                          At least we know what the new stuff is - kinda. My son when he saw a vinyl record for the first time, thought it was the biggest cd he'd ever seen. Actually, the kids still reckon it's cool when we pull out the old records.
                          I transferred all the family vids from vhs to dvd. Too afraid of the tapes deteriorating. I still have the vhs tapes that I bought.

I never had very many cassettes, hated having to FF and REW to get to the song I wanted to hear, but I have ALOT of vinyl. My nephews are very confused about albums. One of these days I'll have to play one for them.

[QUOTE=EH-T;11603832] I don't understand why this would make you think of me, I don't own a cat.

Ya, we are environmentally friendly and don't want to fill the landfill with all our cool old stuff.
                          [QUOTE]

I keep the cool old stuff, but I like new gadgets too. Once you've tried a dvr, you'll never look back.

and I only use IE if i have to
                          Same here. Firefox rules.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          *walks in*

Sam and Amanda rule!

*runs away*
                          Yes she does! Thank you for getting us on point again.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

here's an example of Sam's leadership qualities:

in Off the Grid, after they're rescued and before they go after the Gates,

Sam asks Emerson "Is the ship ready to fight?" Sam is thinking ahead.

Cam's comment is "Let's take him down."

and that's, of course, after he recklessly got them in to the fix with the Lucien Alliance in the first place.

I wonder how things would have gone in that ep with Sam in command (as she should have been ) ...

Comment

a great sam fic rec
                              http://community.livejournal.com/zin...13.html#cutid1
                              penguin alert, but not the established relationship stuff but a painful 'mending of fences' kind of thing
                              Wow, that was fantastic, thanks for the link. I do wish Continuum had spent a bit more time on Sam dealing her new life aside from that brief scene in the grocery store. Something like Sam watching a taped broadcast of the doomed shuttle mission or maybe her fiddling with a telescope since that's all she had left of her science.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              here's an example of Sam's leadership qualities:

in Off the Grid, after they're rescued and before they go after the Gates,

Sam asks Emerson "Is the ship ready to fight?" Sam is thinking ahead.

Cam's comment is "Let's take him down."

and that's, of course, after he recklessly got them in to the fix with the Lucien Alliance in the first place.

I wonder how things would have gone in that ep with Sam in command (as she should have been ) ...
                              Good example. It seemed like the writer didn't know how to get SG-1 into jeopardy on that planet and so just had Mitchell do something rather foolish. Sam I think would have stayed 'under the radar,' and then if they needed to investigate more she'd send Daniel with Teal'c as backup to approach the locals while she and Mitchell kept watch, unless the writer needed her to do otherwise of course.

On another note, I found this quite funny Sanctuary tv tropes picspam on twitter: http://community.livejournal.com/hadthesun/816.html, I esp like their pics and captions for 'bad future' and 'heroic sacrifice'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                On another note, I found this quite funny Sanctuary tv tropes picspam on twitter: http://community.livejournal.com/hadthesun/816.html, I esp like their pics and captions for 'bad future' and 'heroic sacrifice'.
                                I especially like the pics used for 'bad ass'. Amanda looks quite hot in them.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X