Clear All

More photos from the Leos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3324525...7624214295618/

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      thanks for all the links

this is seriously not a good day for my net to revert to dial up speeds! bring on tomorrow when i can look at all the pix without waiting 10 years for them all to load!
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
        thanks for all the links

this is seriously not a good day for my net to revert to dial up speeds! bring on tomorrow when i can look at all the pix without waiting 10 years for them all to load!
        My comp is like that it takes a day to see a pic at times darn!

I love Amanda's dress she looks amazing and also like how she has her hair done up
        sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I love what Robin said in his acceptance speech about AT. What a wonderful image that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            I love what Robin said in his acceptance speech about AT. What a wonderful image that is.
            What did he say?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

It's like the song that I know quite a few of us associate with Amanda

"everything around her is a silver pool of light
              The people who surround her feel the benefit of it"

I think Eve... yes, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukaoWcF8KsU

Maybe Robin has been spending too much time on youtube
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

LOL The hi res photo's caption says that she's with her husband.... When did she marry Martin??? Ooops!

Mumsey
                Loving the hair up.
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  What did he say?
                  Here's the exact quote on the pic from Fa's LJ:

Upon winning Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series:
                  "[...] to Martin Wood, because I only got this because I did what you told me to do, and nothing else [...] and to the beautoful, amazing, Amanda Tapping, I only got this award, because I get to go to work with you every day, and because I get to stand in that light that surrounds you. This award goes to you."

This is the part that gave me a wonderful mental image.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  It's like the song that I know quite a few of us associate with Amanda

"everything around her is a silver pool of light
                  The people who surround her feel the benefit of it"

I think Eve... yes, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukaoWcF8KsU

Maybe Robin has been spending too much time on youtube
                  Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    LOL The hi res photo's caption says that she's with her husband.... When did she marry Martin??? Ooops!

Mumsey
                    Loving the hair up.
                    Haha, must have happened accidentally when they were all too tired and on too much Rockstar energy drink. Turns out that extra wasn't playing, he was an ordained minister

I'm loving the hair up too
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

A few more picture from the Leo's. - love the shoes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Kristin Kreuk interview Amanda
                        I love these two actress
                        http://girlsbydesign.com/blog/2010/0...ards/#comments

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          WEll that is encouraging. I suppose I could tape the rerun and watch Sam's part. Ir eally don't care for SGU otherwise.
                          It's nice to know TPTB want to include Sam (probably they know it will help bring in viewers) and that AT is willing to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if se feels a certain loyalty. She's that kind of person.
                          SGU has improved on me in many respects in the last several episodes, in part because they've eased up on some of the more melodramatic story elements and the female characters, esp TJ and Wray, have gotten much more to do than in the first half of the season. It's still not quite 'must-see TV' for me like Sanctuary or a couple of other shows, but enjoyable enough.

Re: the Leos

I referred recently to a comment made by Christopher Plummer that the nomination is really what is special, it is the recognition of your work by your peers. As for having a winner, one can't really compare performances unless the actors were doing the same role. Really it comes down to a matter of opinion by a person or group of people. BSG won all kinds of awards but I didn't like it. All that means is some people liked it and others didn't. AT and Sanctuary have received a great deal of recognition in many areas.

While it is nice to see so much support for AT, folks should not get carried away. Let's not make negative comments about her "competition". We certainly don't need to build up AT by tearing someone else down.

While I happen to think AT is a fabulous actress and while we all like to be patted on the back for a job well done, in the grand scheme of things, it is who you are as a person that really matters. We all know what a wonderful person AT is and her legacy will be defined by the good things she is accomplishing with S4K and by all the lives she has touched, not by the trophies on her mantle.
                          Well said.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Nicely said (although I have no idea what show BSG is???) Maybe we should all take a lesson from Amanda. She is one very classy lady!
                          BSG = Battlestar Galactica. It was a re-make of the short-lived 70s series that ran for 4 seasons on Sci-fi and got a lot of critical acclaim including a Peabody IIRC. I very much enjoyed the series for the most part, though the last 2 seasons weren't quite as good as the first two IMO.

"[...] to Martin Wood, because I only got this because I did what you told me to do, and nothing else [...] and to the beautoful, amazing, Amanda Tapping, I only got this award, because I get to go to work with you every day, and because I get to stand in that light that surrounds you. This award goes to you."

Aw, how sweet of RD. Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
                          I love these two actress
                          Thanks for the link! I really liked AT's advice to girls about the power of sisterhood.

sigpic

Comment

I love these two actress
                            I can't pull it up. It says one can't use Internet Explorer to access it. And I don't have any of the other suggested sites.

Comment

Exactly.

Thnaks. I couldn't access that. It was blocked.

I love these two actress
                              I can't access that one either.

BTW, I can't green anyone these days. Anyone else having a problem?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Thnaks. I couldn't access that. It was blocked.

I can't access that one either.

BTW, I can't green anyone these days. Anyone else having a problem?
                                I can't access the video either. I get a Vimeo error saying I don't have permission to embed the video? Iz confused. I don't want to embed anything, just watch.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X