Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    If we're going for British actresses, I vote for Emma Thompson.
    Or maybe even Cate Blanchett. I could see either one of them playing Helen's mother; though maybe more so Emma Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      I can't get to the interview. The link sends me to a place to make the web page m home-page.

Thanks though
      i can't view it either. i use google chrome, so that knocked me out of it right away, so i switched to IE and it still won't let me see it. it brings up the player, but it won't do anything.

this has happened with this website before.

~edit: i got to see it through the link realmofx gave. thanks.
      Last edited by majorsal; 29 July 2010, 01:01 PM.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        waves hi from vangroovy
        *Waves hi from Scotland* enjoy Vanctuary and lovely Vancouver!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Or maybe even Cate Blanchett. I could see either one of them playing Helen's mother; though maybe more so Emma Thompson.
          carol burnette!!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I bet there must be some good tv character actresses out there they could actually get for Mrs. Magnus.

Nice interview with Urban Rush--thanks for the links. AT really is enthusiastic about the charity.

I'm envious of those in Vancouver this weekend--but good thing I didn't plan to go. My car is on life support.

Send our regards from the Samandans/MagnusManiacs

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              carol burnette!!
              While I love Carol Burnett (and apparently so does Amanda), she's way too old to play Helen's mother at the stage of Helen's life that we might get to see her mother. Probably so are Emma Thompson or Cate Blanchett, but I'd still go with one of them over Carol B.

Or, for Canadian actresses, there's:

Kate Nelligan
              Genevieve Bujold (who was originally signed to play Capt. Janeway on ST: Voyager, but quit)
              Wendy Crewson
              Catharine O'Hara

Probably a lot of others too. I've noticed that pretty much all the regulars on Sanctuary, as well as the guests (except Emillie) were either born in Canada or born in England/Australia, but moved to Canada early on and lived there most of their lives.
              Last edited by hedwig; 29 July 2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

i can't view it either. i use google chrome, so that knocked me out of it right away,
                I'm not sure why their site causes so much trouble, but I've gotten it to work in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

Comment

Comic-Con photos

http://popculturezoo.com/archives/6570
                  Last edited by parsifal; 29 July 2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                    Way cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      You can get Amanda's segment of the show from here http://www.4shared.com/dir/c7oTJdN4/Podcasts.html

It's an asf file and you can play in it an open source media player like VLC
                      thanks RoX!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      CPA? Well, I'm sure you'll do fine, and if *if*I make it to CC, I would like to see you there.
                      cpa = certified practicing accountant... its the next stage of study after uni to become a member of a professional body...

if i go to AT6 next year i wont be able to go to CC as well...

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      Hey everyone,

Thank you so much to you both! What a great interview! Amanda is made of awesomeness!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      yeah she is!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      waves hi from vangroovy
                      waves back from oz

to everyone attening TSE this weekend have an awesome time!

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      thanks pars!
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey Everyone,

carol burnette!!
                        I thought of her but I was thinking she might be a wee bit to old to play Helen's Mum at the young age she could have been, what about TR she'd be fabulous!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Last edited by samcarterrules; 30 July 2010, 01:49 AM. Reason: forgot to say hey...lol
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          You can get Amanda's segment of the show from here http://www.4shared.com/dir/c7oTJdN4/Podcasts.html

It's an asf file and you can play in it an open source media player like VLC
                          Thank you I'll have much fun watching it

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Comment

thank you, pars, for the wonderful amanda-william caps!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the pix pars!

i just noticed, amanda does what i do when i cross my legs... the bottom leg is out on an angle so the top leg is resting down the length it... except im left over right, hehe...
                                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                                X