Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    Amanda at the Leos on Shaw TV's The Express. She appears at the beginning, ~19:45 for a story on Sanctuary, ~25:00 in the red carpet story, and then in the closing montage.

http://start.shaw.ca/start/enCA/vide...ress060810.wmv
    thanks pars!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Hmm, her hair *is* quite dark.

Possible explanations:

--Sam went in for a wash & cut and the Hammond hairdresser accidentally used "Brunette #4" instead of shampoo.

--Sam had to change her hair color for an undercover mission on a planet where blondes are considered evil.

--Cam dared her to dye her hair.

--Vala and Sam hit the bottle a little hard on girls' night and decided to switch their hair colors.

--She's AU Sam.

LOL, now to see vala as a blonde
    Last edited by katjoy; 11 June 2010, 06:47 PM.
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Jan! Don't Look!!

Warning Will Robinson! Warning!

hair discussion follows :

*is confuzzled why anyone needs to explain a change in hair colour*

[/HairDiscussion]

Psssssssst Jan! 'Tis OK to read again
      *high5's RoX
      Word.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

A sneak peek at the DVD feature on VFX.

http://www.facebook.com/SanctuarySeries

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          While I always appreciate how you keep us up to date on things, I have a question about this youtube video. Is it properly/legally posted given the fact that the DVDs are not out in most regions? (I know you are just re-posting it)
          Putting anything from a DVD on youtube is illegal but it's up to the studio or the rights holder to ask youtube to take it down. That's the bit about "distributing all of the program or parts thereof with or without monetary gain....".
          Music vids - official ones - are completely blocked by youtube for my country because of legal issues.

Somewhat related to the whole copyright issue:
          Spoiler:
          I sometimes buy used DVDs on ebay. Usually when I don't know the show and want to give it a try. Lot's of folks from my country buy DVDs internationally so you can get used boxes of shows that haven't even aired in my country. I've done this a couple of times and was never disappointed. I bought the first season of The Shield on ebay and got hooked immediately.
          I bought the other season from play.com.
          If you buy a season box it's almost always as good as new since most people watch a season once and then put it on ebay.

Last week I bid on and won season 1 of Lie to Me. The box arrives, I open it and take one look at the DVDs and immediately realize something is *wrong*.
          It's a pirated copy. I was so pissed that I immediately left negative feedback and reported the guy. I'm certain ebay is not going to do anything about it which pisses me off even more.
          I check out the guy's feedback more closely: "1000 pos, 1 neutral, no neg" sounded good enough when I checked it before bidding. This time I am looking more closely at what he's sold.
          He's sold Lie to Me at least a dozen times, the same goes for The Wire. Are you trying to tell me that none of those folks realized they received pirated copies?!?
          In case they did, why did they give positive feedback? One person wrote something like: "didn't get quite what was described, problem was resolved." Does that mean he realized he got a pirated copy and maybe got some money back and kept his mouth shut?
          I'll go with the Jonas icon to express what I think about that:

Jan! Don't Look!!

[/HairDiscussion]

What? Are you trying to tell me you don't need to explain it? There are endless possibilities in a Sci-Fi series.
          The hair discussion *is* important!
          Have I mentioned how much I love Amanda's hairdo at the Leo's?
          *runsawaygiggling*

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          *high5's RoX
          Word.
          Spoilsport.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Sam got sick and tired of the same hair color and decided to have some fun with it.
            Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

Jan! Don't Look!!

[/HairDiscussion]

I guess they don't, I was just wondering if they had. I've been away from fandom for a little while.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Just a small quote from Amanda in an article about things to see in the summer.
              AMANDA TAPPING

BARD ON THE BEACH

"It's one of those festivals where it's the surroundings, it's the plays, it's Shakespeare, it's the costumes. But more than anything, it's when you sit in those seats and you're in this incredible setting with the beautiful Burrard Inlet as the backdrop of every play. It's phenomenal."

Tapping appears on the series Sanctuary and Stargate. Bard on the Beach runs in Vancouver to Sept 25.

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servle...KET12/TPStory/

Comment

Eh-T! Mandy!
                Saw this and thought of you.
                Spoiler:
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

LOL ah poor Missy. Hey Mandy, guess we now know why Missy is always crying in the hallway

Tried to green ya Rderoch but the fridge was locked again.

/me is glad I missed the hair discussion.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    Eh-T! Mandy!

I saw a girl walking down the street today. She had a cat in her purse. Very cute adolescent kitten.

It hit 100 today. (Well, 96 F, but 100 with humidity added in). A storm came thru and dropped the temp 15 degrees though. Slight increse in humidity.
                    It's not even summer yet!
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      LOL ah poor Missy. Hey Mandy, guess we now know why Missy is always crying in the hallway

Done!
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        Eh-T! Mandy!
                        Originally posted by JanSam View Post

Originally posted by suse View Post

I saw a girl walking down the street today. She had a cat in her purse. Very cute adolescent kitten.

It hit 100 today. (Well, 96 F, but 100 with humidity added in). A storm came thru and dropped the temp 15 degrees though. Slight increse in humidity.
                        It's not even summer yet!
                        Sure, sure, sure, gang up on us poor Canadians, who realize not to throw out everything everytime something new comes along

*hugs my VCR*
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

me loves my vcr's, and i won't part with them until i absolutely have to.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

we still have a vcr, but its tucked away in a cupboard in the garage...
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

i use mine. since i like a variety of shows and the networks have an annoying knack for putting two shows i like in direct competition with each other, so i tape them. and on really, really busy days, i'll have both vcr's and my dvd recorder all going on at once.

if harddrive recorders weren't so expensive, i'd have another one or two, but maybe one day
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

we have two dvr's both of which record on two channels at the same time, and you can watch a third or watch something that has been recorded even when two shows are already recording...

Comment

Working...
                                X