Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    this pic, from the leos - http://www.eatsleepcelebrity.com/wp-...010/06/096.jpg

scroll down to the bottom and see amanda's feet. she's painted her nails to match her dress, and even has a similar colored toe ring to match! soooooooo cute!

~has usual fangirl moment~
    I don't see a toe ring, just the strap from her shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      this pic, from the leos - http://www.eatsleepcelebrity.com/wp-...010/06/096.jpg

scroll down to the bottom and see amanda's feet. she's painted her nails to match her dress, and even has a similar colored toe ring to match! soooooooo cute!

~has usual fangirl moment~
      Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      I don't see a toe ring either. I see nail polish on her toenails, and silver strappy things on her shoes, but no toe ring.

Comment

Thanks for the link!

For those having trouble seeing it, here's a download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a26qu2

The music was a terrible decision.
        You're all welcome and yeah, the music was really loud.

Comment

you know what, pars, you're right.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

128 photos and the only one of Amanda is a wide shot from behind. Frustrating.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mkinskof...WestinBayshore

Looks like she should have an interview on Shaw TV's The Express.

Comment

Photo of Amanda plus other Sanctuary and SGU cast at Leo Awards.

http://www.straight.com/article-3275...rland-and-more

Comment

^ thanks for all the photo links pars!
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  BTW, I can't green anyone these days. Anyone else having a problem?
                  Is your fridge empty?
                  I've not had problems...only can't green lots of peoples til I green more...which kinda sucks. I tried to green you just then but I'm locked out of my green fridge...bugger!
                  Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  I was watching ET Canada tonight, and the Leo's got like a 10 sec blurb
                  in a nutshell they showed a clip of SGU saying...."SGU may have won best series"...*switches to old clip of Sanctuary* "but Sanctuary took home the most awards"
                  Yep that was it, so much for a Canadian Entertainment show covering a Canadian awards show
                  Well I guess that was better than nothing at all....besides I liked what was said...Sanctuary so kicked butt!!
                  Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                  ^ thanks for all the photo links pars!
                  I would like to reiterate what Kat just said - thank you Parsifal. The links have been fabulous...and all worked wonderfully with Firefox.

I liked Amanda's dress, loved her hair, loved her shoes and wish I had the patience to do my nails to match my outfit - I tend to stick to neutral colours or none at all.
                  Actually, you know what hair and make up I really loved on Amanda...in the ep Next Tuesday when she was chatting to Olaf - the blue eye shadow and her hair was just sooo sweet...very feminine.

(((Samandans)))

#TappingTuesday today - off to tweet!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Don't know what "green anyone" means but as for the other sites, something came up about not using Explorer and I clicked below it and it came up. So maybe that will work. I do use Explorer 7 (didn't like 8) so that might make a difference. But many times there is a work around if you play with it a little.
                    In the lower left hand corner there is a little star. If you click on that you can "green" someone for a comment and add a comment of your own. If you click on "my controls" at the top right hand of the page you can see who has "greened" you.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    I was watching ET Canada tonight, and the Leo's got like a 10 sec blurb

in a nutshell they showed a clip of SGU saying...."SGU may have won best series"...*switches to old clip of Sanctuary* "but Sanctuary took home the most awards"

Yep that was it, so much for a Canadian Entertainment show covering a Canadian awards show

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    you know, things have come full circle.

When sg1 started, Rick was the star. He was the experienced actor and he tutored - so to speak - the other actors. There's been stories over the years about how if it made more sense for Daniel or Sam or Teal'c to have a line, Rick was like 'fine, have it'.

There was no 'wait, me the star, gimme my lines'. it was 'hey, i've had my time, you wanna learn, go for it'

Well, what do we have in Sanctuary? Amanda, who learned at the side of some very talented folks, not playing hte prima dona, not demanding the lime light, simply lending her skill and talent and influence to work with and help others to develop and grow.

things have come full circle.
                    Yup.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    LOL, I missed this post with all the excitement over the Leos. A curling lesson would be fun. I've become strangely addicted to the sport after the Vancouver Olympics. I got this Age of Curling game for my Mac and it's proved to be very distracting.

Another convert. Curling is taking over the world (rather slowly but taking over nonetheless).

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Is your fridge empty?
                    I've not had problems...only can't green lots of peoples til I green more...which kinda sucks. I tried to green you just then but I'm locked out of my green fridge...bugger!
                    No. When I click on the star the box seems to come up behind the avatar for the next poster so I can't access it. Weird.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Another convert. Curling is taking over the world (rather slowly but taking over nonetheless).
                      Sort of like rugby here in the States.

Seriously though, we've had leagues for at least the last twenty years and a few Universities and schools have picked it up, but it's a hard sell here when the top three national pastimes are baseball, basketball and football...and have been for years. I've recently found a woman's rugby team across the state line though that I need to check out. Interesting opportunity indeed.

No. When I click on the star the box seems to come up behind the avatar for the next poster so I can't access it. Weird.
                      Sounds like you'll have a lot of 'make up' work to do when you get things sorted.

Comment

*sneaks in*
                        *drops a few icons*

*sneaks out*

Comment

In the lower left hand corner there is a little star. If you click on that you can "green" someone for a comment and add a comment of your own. If you click on "my controls" at the top right hand of the page you can see who has "greened" you.

Yup.

dont worry i have had that happen loads of times all you have to do is when you click on the star right click it and select open then it will let you green
                          sigpic
                          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

It's not just you I have the same problem, but not always.
                            Same thing with subscribing to topics. I've *again* lost my subscribtion to the gabit thread, but can't renew it, because when I click "threadtools", the options appear behind the dark blue line that is there.
                            Pretty annoying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              Thanks for the link! I really liked AT's advice to girls about the power of sisterhood.
                              I think the interviewer was surprised to get such a serious answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                Well I guess that was better than nothing at all....besides I liked what was said...Sanctuary so kicked butt!!
                                And it really was "team Sanctuary." As a key producer, AT can take pride in their final product. I bet she's very happy for all the wins and nominations. But I get the feeling that they all appreciate each other's efforts regardless of awards. Though outside recognition is nice.

I would like to reiterate what Kat just said - thank you Parsifal. The links have been fabulous...
                                I loved seeing some of the other people too. I thought AD looked good and the RD & RR looked sharp.

Comment

Working...
                                X