X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    YAY TappingTuesday Q&A's.
    Spoiler:
    @amandatapping Q #1) @KSenderowska - Hi Amanda! How you're doing? I'd like to ask what is your favourite proverb/saying? Love, Katie.
    @amandatapping A #1, Part 1) Wow that's hard. Here are my top three:
    @amandatapping A #1, Part 2) Never doubt that one person can change the world. Indeed that is the only thing that ever has.
    @amandatapping A #1, Part 3) It takes far less energy to be kind than it does to be mean.
    @amandatapping A #1, Part 4) Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Everyone.
    @amandatapping Q #2) @skitzoeinhoven - Magnus has long blonde curly hair in the beginning, why did she decide to become a brunette?
    @amandatapping A #2) Quite simply, she got bored. I hope we visit her redhead phase!
    @amandatapping Q #3) @Sachi_bear/@dipsofjazz/@jumpyaliennerd/@orientalLilly We know that Helen is a tea drinker - what is your preference tea, coffee, etc?
    @amandatapping A #3) Tea. Absolutely. At home I only have tea. But our hair makeup trailer has the best coffee on set. So I indulge.
    @amandatapping Bonus Q) @JamieHallet - Amanda, I know you are a theatre lover, but what about musical theatre? Have you ever done any musicals?
    @amandatapping Bonus A, Part 1) No I've never done a musical. Well, I did play Oliver in 6th grade and I was in grease.
    @amandatapping Bonus A, Part 2) But I'm not a confident enough singer. Except in my car!
    @amandatapping Thanks for being patient, and for more great questions!! We'll do it again next Tuesday! xoxo

Amanda totally rules!
    Dips and I were thinking the same thing - shoulda asked if she took it with one lump or two!! Milk or no milk? Just joshin'!
    I'll have to learn to not ignore my phone when the tweets come in.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

A couple of other Amanda-related bits from the articles:
      I loved watching Heroes. I watched it with Amanda Tapping. Watching anything with Amanda is ridiculous," he jokes. "You can't watch a show with Amanda because she hates everything she does, and she just can't stand anything anybody else does when they're acting with her. She's just so self critical. In this one, she knows she did a good job. We were sitting there looking at it, and it ended, and both of us looked at each other afterward and went… Wow.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-07-martin.htm
      Amanda asks Peter if he needs to run lines with her before the next scene, but he feels it won't be necessary and thanks her all the same.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...07-setday3.htm (Article includes two photos.)

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        Old interview, but just posted. Much longer than most, it's a great read.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-06-amanda.htm
        Great article. Hadn't seen it before.

Famous last words: "We know this will be the last season." (They were talking about season 6)

Pop quiz: What episode was AT describing with the "50 extras, 12 cast members, ....all out in the middle of nowhere"? (in season 6)
        Last edited by hisg1fans; 03 June 2010, 06:59 AM.

Comment

In Anticipiation of the Leo Awards this weekend - here are some photos from last year with Amanda

(Spoiler for size)
          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Any bets on what colour her dress will be this year? *ducks and runs*
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Just a guess, mind you...but would I be close if I said black...or a similarly dark color????

Comment

I wonder how navy blue would look on her? I notice Tina Fey will often choose it over black and she looks great.

I mean, Amanda looks amazing in black... but really? Her event photos are starting to blur into one
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I wonder how navy blue would look on her? I notice Tina Fey will often choose it over black and she looks great.

I mean, Amanda looks amazing in black... but really? Her event photos are starting to blur into one
                  Maybe she keeps choosing black so she isn't 'dated' by them years later. You know how other actors can be picked out year after year by what they wore? This way she'll always be 'timeless'...? Just a thought.

Oh and blue? Yes, please.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

I wouldn't say the votes were just because she's Amanda, they were in support of her work with S4K and other charitable organizations. She's dedicated a lot of her time and helped to raise a lot of money over the years to help many people. That's deserving of recognition. The advantage that she had in this particular situation is that people are aware of her work on an international scale and not just in the Vancouver area. There may have been people that voted for her purely because of who she is, but I don't think that would be true of most.

It would be wonderful if all the charities involved could have received help through this event. It's a fantastic thing that they are doing, recognizing the hard work of all those inspirational women. Hopefully, all of the organizations will benefit from the additional publicity.
                    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                      she is indeed inspirational!

loved tapping tuesday! her fave quotes were inspirational and so spoke to the type of person she is... loved the magnus' redhead phase comment, hehe! and i sing in my car to!

i also liked that amanda thanked us for being patient by waiting a day for the Q&A's even though she isn't obligated to give up her time... very sweet of her...
                      I also loved her quotes, I'm even more glad she follows them, and does all that to people.

AT didn't even have to say thank you or explain why she was late but... she's AT.

i agree, all the women in the category were equally worthy of nomination, but given that amanda is the best known worldwide it was almost guaranteed she would win... and while im not saying she didnt deserve to win, because she totally deserves to be recognised for her commitment to the community, at the end of the day it was a popularity contest... all the women were winners its just that amandas got a larger fan base...

all the women in the category should be proud of their work and it would have been nice to see a smaller amount go to a charity of each of their choices simply because they were choosen as being the most significant contributors to the community for the year...

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Actually, I based a lot of my vote on the charity she chose - I thought prevention of child poverty outweighed affordable housing...and I mean that in the sense that I put the kids first before worrying about the house...if that makes any sense. And had Amanda not been nominated, there was another lady there I would have gladly supported. But Amanda got my vote coz of more than her being a rockstar. But that's just me.
                      Besides, the popularity vote was just one win...there were other winners that night.

(((Samandans)))
                      Well said, if Amanda didn't get a nom, then the other most popular woman would have won. Think of it this way, Amanda wasn't nominated because of the success of Sanctuary or her past success on Stargate, or even because she's an actor, she got a nom because of her charity work and what she's doing for the community, and thanks to her win she was able to give a lot to Crabtree Crabtree Corner.

Other woman and charities won that night, AT was no different, and those woman who did win, won for the same reasons AT did, because they were doing it for a really good cause, their supporters supported them, and believed they were the right women for the win.

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                      In Anticipiation of the Leo Awards this weekend - here are some photos from last year with Amanda

(Spoiler for size)
                      Spoiler:

YAY.

Btw- http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...1#post11568012

Comment

ill guess red
                        sigpic
                        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

A couple of other Amanda-related bits from the articles:
                          I loved watching Heroes. I watched it with Amanda Tapping. Watching anything with Amanda is ridiculous," he jokes. "You can't watch a show with Amanda because she hates everything she does, and she just can't stand anything anybody else does when they're acting with her. She's just so self critical. In this one, she knows she did a good job. We were sitting there looking at it, and it ended, and both of us looked at each other afterward and went… Wow.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-07-martin.htm
                          Amanda asks Peter if he needs to run lines with her before the next scene, but he feels it won't be necessary and thanks her all the same.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...07-setday3.htm (Article includes two photos.)

Thanks for posting those. They were fun to read after all these years. Parallels to today: still waiting for an SG1 movie.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

Famous last words: "We know this will be the last season." (They were talking about season 6)

Pop quiz: What episode was AT describing with the "50 extras, 12 cast members, ....all out in the middle of nowhere"? (in season 6)
                          They probably said that a lot in 6, 7, 8 etc.

Will have to go home and check my season 6 DVDs (that's too long ago to remember!).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            I wouldn't say the votes were just because she's Amanda, they were in support of her work with S4K and other charitable organizations. She's dedicated a lot of her time and helped to raise a lot of money over the years to help many people. That's deserving of recognition. The advantage that she had in this particular situation is that people are aware of her work on an international scale and not just in the Vancouver area. There may have been people that voted for her purely because of who she is, but I don't think that would be true of most.

It would be wonderful if all the charities involved could have received help through this event. It's a fantastic thing that they are doing, recognizing the hard work of all those inspirational women. Hopefully, all of the organizations will benefit from the additional publicity.
                            Well said. It is unfortunate that there can only be one winner, but like you said, hopefully having all these eyeballs on the site for the past few weeks will help some of those local organizations get some more interest and donations. Congrats to AT and all the other winners and nominees for all the work they do!

Thanks for the link, that was a great read. I esp liked the part about the USO tour and getting the combat bracelet, which I've read about in other articles but not in so much detail.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

My guess would be Allegiance, that had lots of extras with all the Tok'ra and Jaffa.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Thanks for posting those. They were fun to read after all these years. Parallels to today: still waiting for an SG1 movie.

They probably said that a lot in 6, 7, 8 etc.

Will have to go home and check my season 6 DVDs (that's too long ago to remember!).
                              Are you sure you don't mean your VCR Tapes?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                Well said. It is unfortunate that there can only be one winner, but like you said, hopefully having all these eyeballs on the site for the past few weeks will help some of those local organizations get some more interest and donations. Congrats to AT and all the other winners and nominees for all the work they do!

Thanks for the link, that was a great read. I esp liked the part about the USO tour and getting the combat bracelet, which I've read about in other articles but not in so much detail.

My guess would be Allegiance, that had lots of extras with all the Tok'ra and Jaffa.
                                Excellent guess. I'm sure that's it. Hisg1hfans should give you a prize (like a free curling lesson ).

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Are you sure you don't mean your VCR Tapes?
                                LOL! Well, I used to have them on tape but I did buy the DVDs and those ones weren't stolen in the break in (unlike my Sanctuary ones).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X