• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Hold out for Jelly Beans instead
    One better would be Jelly Belly's. Nom.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Looking over the list of recipient winners, it makes me happy to see such a range of charities being helped in the Vancouver area. If only more YMCA's across the country were able to do this on such a scale, it would help out so many people.

Does anyone know where the monies originated in the first place? Was it all by donations?

Thanks parsifal for the pic and link to the site.
      The money for the charity choice of AT came from Scotiabank (a major Canadian bank).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Good thinking...besides, I think the black is a very flattering look...and it suits Amanda very well. I don't mind what she wears so long as she's happy and comfortable in it then that's all that matters.

Thank you!! Was wondering when pics were going to be released. Hope there's gonna be more than just that one.

Even with heels on, she's not the tallest. I love her dress btw. Seriously...no mucking around - I do love her dress. And not because it's black...I love the style. Actually, looking at it, it could be a skirt and top...meh, still love it.
        Since AT became a brunette, she's started wearing a lot more black, I mean before she'd wear white and gold, now black has become her thing. Either way, I think she looks great and I as long she's happy and likes what she wears, that's what important.

There will be. And of course there will be more pics, there's always more.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
        thanks for all the links

i really enjoy the enthusiasm with which amanda responds at interviews and the depth of her responses and the insight they give into her... its sweet how she talks about working with rda... have seen the comment before about a planet where women were the leaders since the beggining of time and it would have been interesting to see that... shes so generous in her comments to the fans... and always loved the story of the combat braclet, so it was nice to get more on that!

as for amanda being so self critical the women is way too modest! she is a brilliant actress! it is her amazing portrayal of sam in addition to adoring the character herself that first had me go searching for info on AT - something i dont typically do... and the rest as they say is history...
        Very well put Kat. I love that she's modest there, and critical about herself the way she is, it only shows you there she's human, and doesn't have an ego. Even after all these years she's still learning the business, doesn't make everything about her and keeps her head below the clouds. I quickly became more of a fan of Amanda, than Sam, and it wasn't hard. Over the years the only thing that has changed is her career has grown, her star has become brighter, and she's a lot better known then she was in say... 96, but her heart and spirit have stayed the same.

In fact, I think they've grown as well since she's seen all the joy and love she gets from the fans, and what she means to them, I believe the fans have helped make her into who she is, and reminded her that being a brilliant actress is more than how you act on screen, it's how you act in real life with the people around you, and I truly think she nailed it.

Comment

So, I was over at the Leo awards site, and I found this-

The Nominees for Best Lead Performance by a Female
          in a Dramatic Series are…

Erin Karpluk - Being Erica - Being Dr. Tom

Amanda Tapping - Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus

*Gulp* As I recall, Ms. Karpluk beat Amanda last year in the Geminis. Oh wow, so this should be interesting .

I also found these-

Spoiler:
          Sanctuary – 17 nominations

Program

Direction (2)

Screenwriting (2)

Picture Editing

Production Design

Costume Design

Make-Up (2)

Visual Effects

Guest Performance by a Male (2)

Supporting Performance by a Male (2)

Lead Performance by a Male

Lead Performance by a Female

Comment

Reminder that AT is in SGU tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              Very well put Kat. I love that she's modest there, and critical about herself the way she is, it only shows you there she's human, and doesn't have an ego. Even after all these years she's still learning the business, doesn't make everything about her and keeps her head below the clouds. I quickly became more of a fan of Amanda, than Sam, and it wasn't hard. Over the years the only thing that has changed is her career has grown, her star has become brighter, and she's a lot better known then she was in say... 96, but her heart and spirit have stayed the same.

In fact, I think they've grown as well since she's seen all the joy and love she gets from the fans, and what she means to them, I believe the fans have helped make her into who she is, and reminded her that being a brilliant actress is more than how you act on screen, it's how you act in real life with the people around you, and I truly think she nailed it.
              thanks rocky well put yourself!

i love that despite her fame she is still so down to earth and that she doesn't have an ego... it is one of the many things i quickly came to admire about amanda when i started finding out more about the person behind the character... as she said herself in that s6 interview:

"...Still, six years later, blown away. And hopefully I always will be. And if I stop being blown away, somebody should kick my @$$!"
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                sadly i dont think even amanda could make me watch SGU anymore i tried very hard to like it but i had seen enough after the episode lost there is only so much torture i can bear.
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Sam in SGU (spoilers for Incursion part 1)
                  Spoiler:

I really enjoyed Sam's part in Incursion part 1 (the whole ep was pretty enjoyable IMO, I'm really digging the Kiva character especially). It was nice to see Sam so at ease and confident in command and the Hammond crew working so well with each other, and I must admit to getting a nice fuzzy, geeky feeling at hearing Sam say technobabble like 'naquadria' again.

And there was even a nice bit of character development, IMO, where Sam had to make the hard decision to leave the two 302s behind. I think it showed a nice progression in her command ability, that sometimes the ideal of 'no one gets left behind' must give way to the 'greater good'. And the follow-up scene with Jack acknowledging and commiserating to an extent with the tough call she had to make was a very nice beat between the two characters.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    Spoiler:

I really enjoyed Sam's part in Incursion part 1 (the whole ep was pretty enjoyable IMO, I'm really digging the Kiva character especially). It was nice to see Sam so at ease and confident in command and the Hammond crew working so well with each other, and I must admit to getting a nice fuzzy, geeky feeling at hearing Sam say technobabble like 'naquadria' again.

And there was even a nice bit of character development, IMO, where Sam had to make the hard decision to leave the two 302s behind. I think it showed a nice progression in her command ability, that sometimes the ideal of 'no one gets left behind' must give way to the 'greater good'. And the follow-up scene with Jack acknowledging and commiserating to an extent with the tough call she had to make was a very nice beat between the two characters.
                    I agree with everything you said. Short but good to see her again.

InnerSpace last night had a bit on Sanctuary as well. They played some previously recorded stuff with the cast to promote the Season 2 DVD release (June 15th ) and said they were going to show Season 1 on Space due to "popular demand".

Comment

Spoiler:

I liked her too. I liked the whole episode.

Which season 6 episode was AT talking about in that interview? My guess was the one with Skara and the village appearing in the middle of the desert. There were quite a few episodes that description would fit. It was a "big" episode season.

Oh, it is nice to have internet back. You don't realize how much you need/want something until it is gone, do you?

Comment

Spoiler:

WEll that is encouraging. I suppose I could tape the rerun and watch Sam's part. Ir eally don't care for SGU otherwise.
                        It's nice to know TPTB want to include Sam (probably they know it will help bring in viewers) and that AT is willing to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if se feels a certain loyalty. She's that kind of person.

Comment

Amanda and SGU. I assume these still need to be in spoilers?

Spoiler:
                          I was surprised to see AT's hair so dark in the episode last night. I like the change. It was really good to see Sam right in the middle of her element. Amanda's got a presence, confidence and comfort level that is such a pleasure to watch. I wish she'd be included more often. I might enjoy SGU more.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

A little note on another thing we have going on

A virtual baby shower for Lies!

As some know, she can't come cause it's too close to her due date or the little'n might be born by then, so came the idea for a virtual baby shower.

All we ask is for anyone that wants to to bring a little item. One little item please. And I'll collect them and get it to LIes.

Her suggestions were singlets/onesies, 6 months or bigger. Or binkies/pacifiers. Or any other little fun tihngs for babies. Any cool gadgets that any of you moms have and found indispensable.

I just ask one item each, and little stuff please. Since I gotta get it back through customs or find a box and mail via canada post, I don't want big stuff. Just one little thing per person, and each person please include a card or note or such, so Lies knows who it's from.

If anyone doesn't want to participate, that's fine. It's 100% voluntary. I'll be the collections person. I'll be the main room boss at MTM, so I'll be in the main room all the time, and at SE I'll be helping Julia, but y'all know me or know someone that knows me, so if you wish to participate, just get me your item and we'll see what kind of care package we can get to our newest little Samandan.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here's a pic of Amanda at last night's Leo Awards http://twitpic.com/1u5kzg

The Red Carpet should have started for tonight's awards so stay tuned
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                A little note on another thing we have going on

A virtual baby shower for Lies!

As some know, she can't come cause it's too close to her due date or the little'n might be born by then, so came the idea for a virtual baby shower.

All we ask is for anyone that wants to to bring a little item. One little item please. And I'll collect them and get it to LIes.

Her suggestions were singlets/onesies, 6 months or bigger. Or binkies/pacifiers. Or any other little fun tihngs for babies. Any cool gadgets that any of you moms have and found indispensable.

I just ask one item each, and little stuff please. Since I gotta get it back through customs or find a box and mail via canada post, I don't want big stuff. Just one little thing per person, and each person please include a card or note or such, so Lies knows who it's from.

If anyone doesn't want to participate, that's fine. It's 100% voluntary. I'll be the collections person. I'll be the main room boss at MTM, so I'll be in the main room all the time, and at SE I'll be helping Julia, but y'all know me or know someone that knows me, so if you wish to participate, just get me your item and we'll see what kind of care package we can get to our newest little Samandan.
                                who is lies?
                                sigpic
                                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X