Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shall we go on to:

The Nox

Pressed by the government to acquire new technologies, SG-1 is led to a world inhabited by a seemingly primative race. When Apophis arrives, SG-1 ambush him with disasterous consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      Shall we go on to:

The Nox

Pressed by the government to acquire new technologies, SG-1 is led to a world inhabited by a seemingly primative race. When Apophis arrives, SG-1 ambush him with disasterous consequences.
      This is the first time we see Sam die, as well as Jack and Teal'c. I remember being quite shocked to see them die. Has Daniel died yet? I can't remember, he died so many times. I never liked the little Nox people with the twigs in their hair. I did like how Jack teased Sam about not being able to take one home though.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        What?! Perverse appreciation for THE Marvin the Martian? Then call me perverse because he's my favorite Looney Tunes character.

*high5's suse* Word! Marvin is da bomb!
        He is one of my favorites too. By saying perverse I was referring to the fact that Sam is charged with protecting the earth while Marvin is constantly trying to blow it up. Some part me wants to believe that the devil in Sam was secretly rooting for him. How's that for on topic?

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I loved watching Looney Tunes as a kid. We had a St Bernard named George...not so squeezy but lots of drool!
        Oooh...and I googled the Bopping on the head thing...now I remember it...daughter had sung it to me many many years ago and I thought it was bizarre...she doesn't remember it but I do...cute...love the moral of the story!

That remionds me of a t sirt I had when I was a kid...it had a skunk on it and it said - "I'm a little stinker"

WTG Sky...keep corrupting teaching the niecelet...we all know how impressionable they are at this age!
        Oh the joys of exploring the garden and looking for fairies and picking buttercups to see if you pass the butter test!

My fave Looney Tunes character is Yosemite Sam -
        "I'm the riffiest riff that ever riffed a raft"!
        "When ah say, Whoa! ah mean Whoa! Now I hope that'll learn ya, you humpbacked muley!"
        "Ooh, that rackin' frackin' rabbit. I'd like to stretch him on a rackin' frackin' wrack"
        Now c'mon...he's just the coolest dude out there!!
        I wonder which Looney Tunes character Sam/Amanda/Helen like the best?

(((Samandans)))

I think Sam would have loved Marvin for the reasons stated above.
        Helen I would have to think about.
        Amanda? Probably all of them
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Awwww. I love bunnies. Used to have a pet bunny named George (as in, I will love him and squeeze him and call him George) - Quick, what is that from?
          Cartoon with a soft old monster (was it supposed to be a yeti?) who kept grabbing and trying to adopt Bugs Bunny.

That was a favourite saying of Becky's. She said it when she chose her first car, and she was told she'd need to look after it. When she went to pick it up from the showroom, we made a big card with 'George' written on it and the mechanics put it in the window when they brought it out. She was so embarrassed because they all came out to see her reaction. Hehehehe!

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Hey here's a random question:

Anyone know WHEN the AT thing is in Vancouver?? OR was it somewhere else? lol
            sigpic
            My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              Bugs Bunny
              "Hellooooo George"

Bree
              Right on!

Originally posted by suse View Post
              Ain't NOTHIN' perverse about appreciating Marvin the Martian.
              That's for sure.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              What?! Perverse appreciation for THE Marvin the Martian? Then call me perverse because he's my favorite Looney Tunes character.

*high5's suse* Word! Marvin is da bomb!
              Marvin totally rocks. But can we call you perverse anyway?

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              I loved watching Looney Tunes as a kid. We had a St Bernard named George...not so squeezy but lots of drool!
              Oooh...and I googled the Bopping on the head thing...now I remember it...daughter had sung it to me many many years ago and I thought it was bizarre...she doesn't remember it but I do...cute...love the moral of the story!

That remionds me of a t sirt I had when I was a kid...it had a skunk on it and it said - "I'm a little stinker"

WTG Sky...keep corrupting teaching the niecelet...we all know how impressionable they are at this age!
              Oh the joys of exploring the garden and looking for fairies and picking buttercups to see if you pass the butter test!

My fave Looney Tunes character is Yosemite Sam -
              "I'm the riffiest riff that ever riffed a raft"!
              "When ah say, Whoa! ah mean Whoa! Now I hope that'll learn ya, you humpbacked muley!"
              "Ooh, that rackin' frackin' rabbit. I'd like to stretch him on a rackin' frackin' wrack"
              Now c'mon...he's just the coolest dude out there!!
              I wonder which Looney Tunes character Sam/Amanda/Helen like the best?

(((Samandans)))
              I can still sing the song.

Sam - Marvin
              Helen - were the sophistacated chipmunks from looney or wb?
              Amanda - definitely a warm spot for Marvin, but fave is hard to say. Maybe the man Bugs himself?

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Cartoon with a soft old monster (was it supposed to be a yeti?) who kept grabbing and trying to adopt Bugs Bunny.

That was a favourite saying of Becky's. She said it when she chose her first car, and she was told she'd need to look after it. When she went to pick it up from the showroom, we made a big card with 'George' written on it and the mechanics put it in the window when they brought it out. She was so embarrassed because they all came out to see her reaction. Hehehehe!

Mumsey
              That's awesome.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

This is the first time we see Sam die, as well as Jack and Teal'c. I remember being quite shocked to see them die.
                Yeah, I was quite shocked as well, didn't expect it to happen. But, fortunately it's a sci-fi show, and everything is possible
                sigpic

Comment

Shall we go on to:

The Nox

Oh, the Nox. I believe this one has one of my favorite Jack moments.

Nox: We are not afraid.
                  Jack: Well *get* afraid!

Puts The Nox on the agenda.
                  I'm also watching to see at what point they decide to dispense with the combat helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                    Hey here's a random question:

Anyone know WHEN the AT thing is in Vancouver?? OR was it somewhere else? lol
                    The Sanctuary Experience is July 30-Aug1 in Vancouver. AT5 is in London in February, 2011. I have to dash but perhaps someone else can post a link for you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      The Sanctuary Experience is July 30-Aug1 in Vancouver. AT5 is in London in February, 2011. I have to dash but perhaps someone else can post a link for you.
                      Oh, maybe I can go to London for my first con Thanks!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Gabit/AT5

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Thanks for the link
                          sigpic

Comment

Aw really?! Man I soo thought it was closer to now. Like.. this month or next.
                            Cuz I was gonna ask my family if they could put their money together and take me there for my bday. (to the one in Vancouver) cuz i doubt i'll be able to go to London.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            My tumblr

Comment

Cuz I was gonna ask my family if they could put their money together and take me there for my bday. (to the one in Vancouver) cuz i doubt i'll be able to go to London.

Thanks.
                              There's a Sanctuary con in Vancouver by the same team, end of July. Was that what you were thinking of? Amanda will be at that one too.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...st-August-2010

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks.
                                You're welcome.

And you could still ask them to do that for you as a belated or delayed birthday present.

Comment

Working...
                                X