Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean your VCR Tapes?
    Beta.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      Pop quiz: What episode was AT describing with the "50 extras, 12 cast members, ....all out in the middle of nowhere"? (in season 6)
      I'm going to say "Allegiance". Or maybe even "Memento", since parts of that were in a big open space with lots of extras and main/guest characters.

Comment

memento was really out in the open a lot, especially the whole 'raising the gate' scenes
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          memento was really out in the open a lot, especially the whole 'raising the gate' scenes
          Exactly.

Comment

Photo from the Women of Distinction event.

Source: YWCAVan.org

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/615/c3ywcawodrecipientsjpg1.th.jpg

Wonderful, in every sense of the word.

Thanks.

Edit: Hehe, I just noticed, AT isn't the tallest woman there.

Comment

amanda!

~has fangirl moment~
                Last edited by Skydiver; 03 June 2010, 05:56 PM.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  Maybe she keeps choosing black so she isn't 'dated' by them years later. You know how other actors can be picked out year after year by what they wore? This way she'll always be 'timeless'...? Just a thought.
                  Oh and blue? Yes, please.
                  Good thinking...besides, I think the black is a very flattering look...and it suits Amanda very well. I don't mind what she wears so long as she's happy and comfortable in it then that's all that matters.
                  Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I'm going to say "Allegiance". Or maybe even "Memento", since parts of that were in a big open space with lots of extras and main/guest characters.
                  I was thinking Allegiance til I read what Sky said about Memento...either eps could be a possible candidate. Someone will have to ask her at the next event...or on twitter - TappingTuesday!!

Thank you!! Was wondering when pics were going to be released. Hope there's gonna be more than just that one.
                  Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  Edit: Hehe, I just noticed, AT isn't the tallest woman there.
                  Even with heels on, she's not the tallest. I love her dress btw. Seriously...no mucking around - I do love her dress. And not because it's black...I love the style. Actually, looking at it, it could be a skirt and top...meh, still love it.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Looking over the list of recipient winners, it makes me happy to see such a range of charities being helped in the Vancouver area. If only more YMCA's across the country were able to do this on such a scale, it would help out so many people.

Does anyone know where the monies originated in the first place? Was it all by donations?

Thanks parsifal for the pic and link to the site.

Comment

Old interview, but just posted. Much longer than most, it's a great read.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-06-amanda.htm
                      A couple of other Amanda-related bits from the articles:
                      I loved watching Heroes. I watched it with Amanda Tapping. Watching anything with Amanda is ridiculous," he jokes. "You can't watch a show with Amanda because she hates everything she does, and she just can't stand anything anybody else does when they're acting with her. She's just so self critical. In this one, she knows she did a good job. We were sitting there looking at it, and it ended, and both of us looked at each other afterward and went… Wow.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-07-martin.htm
                      Amanda asks Peter if he needs to run lines with her before the next scene, but he feels it won't be necessary and thanks her all the same.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...07-setday3.htm (Article includes two photos.)

thanks for all the links

i really enjoy the enthusiasm with which amanda responds at interviews and the depth of her responses and the insight they give into her... its sweet how she talks about working with rda... have seen the comment before about a planet where women were the leaders since the beggining of time and it would have been interesting to see that... shes so generous in her comments to the fans... and always loved the story of the combat braclet, so it was nice to get more on that!

as for amanda being so self critical the women is way to modest! she is a brilliant actress! it is her amazing portrayal of sam in addition to adoring the character herself that first had me go searching for info on AT - something i dont typically do... and the rest as they say is history...

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      Any bets on what colour her dress will be this year? *ducks and runs*
                      my guess is black

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Maybe she keeps choosing black so she isn't 'dated' by them years later. You know how other actors can be picked out year after year by what they wore? This way she'll always be 'timeless'...? Just a thought.

Oh and blue? Yes, please.
                      interesting theroy and id love to see her wear blue!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      I also loved her quotes, I'm even more glad she follows them, and does all that to people.

AT didn't even have to say thank you or explain why she was late but... she's AT.
                      yes she does live by them and exactly
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 04 June 2010, 02:44 AM.
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Folks

If you quote images, remove the IMG tags please.

thanks

sigpic

Comment

^ opps, sorry forgot, my bad...
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Folks
                            If you quote images, remove the IMG tags please.
                            thanks
                            I noticed you were busy editing posts today Sky.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

that's what i get paid the magic beans for

sigpic

Comment

that's what i get paid the magic beans for
                                Hold out for Jelly Beans instead
                                -

Comment