No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad they made Sam and Janet friends and colleagues. I think I remember AT saying she and TR were very strong in telling the writers that's what they wanted to see. I think especially at the time the show started it was more common for 2 women on a cast to be romantic rivals. Yuk. Or they could have had them fighting over Cassie. Double yuk. not on Stargate.

I love how Janet really became linked with the team.

In Broca Divide, I like how concerned Teal'c was re: Sam's injury. Just a little sign that he cares about his teammate already.

P.S. had to chuckle the other day after our Samnubis discussion when I got home from work just in time to see Sam as Samnubis! (hears Twiight Zone music)

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
      i also think cassandra drew them together and they formed a nice friendship.
      yeah, i have always seen cassie as someone that drew them together...

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Was just checking out the items in the latest Stargate props auction. Among the items is Sam's engagement ring. Had this vision of the shippers buying it just to crush it under foot.
      when i saw it last night it wasnt that expensive either for foot crushing status

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
      I completely agree with you. AT spoke with the writers and told them to write her as one of the guys - I think this was a fantastic idea on AT's part. AT did wonders for this role!
      she sure did once they stopped focusing on the fact that sam was a women and just let AT bring that to the character naturally sam started to really shine...

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, this was our first introduction to the awesomeness that would be Janet Frasier as well.
      indeed, janet was a great character! i was sad to see her go

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I'm so glad they made Sam and Janet friends and colleagues. I think I remember AT saying she and TR were very strong in telling the writers that's what they wanted to see. I think especially at the time the show started it was more common for 2 women on a cast to be romantic rivals. Yuk. Or they could have had them fighting over Cassie. Double yuk. not on Stargate.

I love how Janet really became linked with the team.

In Broca Divide, I like how concerned Teal'c was re: Sam's injury. Just a little sign that he cares about his teammate already.

P.S. had to chuckle the other day after our Samnubis discussion when I got home from work just in time to see Sam as Samnubis! (hears Twiight Zone music)
      definately glad that AT and TR pushed for sam and janet to be friends... it would have been terrible to see them become love rivials or fighting over cassie... their friendship was a great part of the show

tealc always seemed to know just when he was needed to be a shoulder to lean on...
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

whats going on in here today its dead. so to give everyone something to talk about i got a question for you if you could pick one person other than jack for sam to of settled down with who would it be. i pick martouf i thought they had a nice bond before his untimely demise.
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

whats going on in here today its dead. so to give everyone something to talk about i got a question for you if you could pick one person other than jack for sam to of settled down with who would it be. i pick martouf i thought they had a nice bond before his untimely demise.
          Oh.... thats a tricky one b/c seriously, who could be better than Jack!

But if I had to pick, I would have to agree with chrono tigger ONLY b/c Martouf was the only other person to have a good chemistry/connection with Sam. I don't think any other option even comes close. But then we get into logistical problems, like that Martouf is tokra and will live for, like, EVER, and that he and Sam live on different planets, literally
          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
          GateCon Vancouver 2011
          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
            Oh.... thats a tricky one b/c seriously, who could be better than Jack!

But if I had to pick, I would have to agree with chrono tigger ONLY b/c Martouf was the only other person to have a good chemistry/connection with Sam. I don't think any other option even comes close. But then we get into logistical problems, like that Martouf is tokra and will live for, like, EVER, and that he and Sam live on different planets, literally
            it can be a long distance relationship like people have all the time.oh and of course no one can be better than jack its impossible.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, please--I just ate lunch. Bleh. (jckfan is an anti-shipper for those who are new) JanSam and the other Polar Bears I need reinforcements!

I really don't see Sam and Marty either. I think they had formed a friendship, but with Jolinar's memories in there I'd think it wouldn't be reallySam having romantic feelings for him.

For the first 1/2? of Chimera, I thought Pete was good for Sam. She was so relaxed, laughing and smiling. Not that he'd necessarily work out in the end even if he wasn't a stalker etc.

I love Sam the friend. One of the parts I like best in Forever in a Day is when Sam brings Daniel his favorite cookies, in part b/c since it's in Daniel's head, that's the way he sees her--concerned, caring, friend

Comment

Oh, please--I just ate lunch. Bleh. (jckfan is an anti-shipper for those who are new) JanSam and the other Polar Bears I need reinforcements!

I really don't see Sam and Marty either. I think they had formed a friendship, but with Jolinar's memories in there I'd think it wouldn't be reallySam having romantic feelings for him.

For the first 1/2? of Chimera, I thought Pete was good for Sam. She was so relaxed, laughing and smiling. Not that he'd necessarily work out in the end even if he wasn't a stalker etc.

I love Sam the friend. One of the parts I like best in Forever in a Day is when Sam brings Daniel his favorite cookies, in part b/c since it's in Daniel's head, that's the way he sees her--concerned, caring, friend
                HA i suppose there are those like you who dont ship sam/jack. YOU SOULESS INHUMANE BEINGS
                sigpic

Comment

Of the various "suitors" we were introduced to, I'd say none of them. However:

Martouf - I didn't dislike him, but I think that he'd always see more of Rosha/Jolinar in Sam for there to be a good relationship between he and Sam. After all, he and Rosha had been together for over 100 years.

Narim - he was nice. But he was also condescending (among other things), and just too bland. I really can't see he and Sam having a long term relationship.

Orlin - Just so wrong on so many levels in my opinion.

Joe - I really liked him, in spite of what he did in "2010". I tend to think he's the only one of the men who were interested in her that there might have been a chance of a successful relationship with.

Pete - No, no, no.

Otherwise, I might say there'd be a chance of a relationship between Malcolm Barrett and Sam, or maybe even Alec Colson.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Martouf - I didn't dislike him, but I think that he'd always see more of Rosha/Jolinar in Sam for there to be a good relationship between he and Sam. After all, he and Rosha had been together for over 100 years.

Narim - he was nice. But he was also condescending (among other things), and just too bland. I really can't see he and Sam having a long term relationship.

Joe - I really liked him, in spite of what he did in "2010". I tend to think he's the only one of the men who were interested in her that there might have been a chance of a successful relationship with.

Pete - No, no, no.

Otherwise, I might say there'd be a chance of a relationship between Malcolm Barrett and Sam, or maybe even Alec Colson.
                    Yeah, Sam didn't exactly have the best relationships. But Jack is perfect for her.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Pete - No, no, no.

What about Teal'c?

Joe was a good guy, so was Narim.
                      The latter was also a bit of a stalker but yeah, ultimately, he was a good guy. It helps to have people around who are smarter than you so I could see them have a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                        What about Teal'c?

The latter was also a bit of a stalker but yeah, ultimately, he was a good guy. It helps to have people around who are smarter than you so I could see them have a relationship.
                        Teal'c, huh? I was thinking of guys outside the team, but actually I can kind of see Sam and Teal'c together. Certainly not my first choice, but an interesting possibility.

Comment

Teal'c

*ducks*

seriously though, Malcolm Barrett.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Why does Sam need a man to settle down with? And if she did need a partner, I'd put almost anyone she ever shared a romantic scene with higher up the list than Jack, I've never seen such a sorry excuse for a 'romance'.

Martouf and Sam would at least have had an SF element to is, the dichotomy between the desires of Lantesh and the host, of Sam and Jolinar could have been interesting.

I just don't get the need to pair off all the characters, like animals going into the ark 2 by 2. Relationships in reality are much more complicated and interesting than the bland pap fed to us by TV. If you can't do something interesting, engaging and innovative with the characters, why bother?

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Will a Panda Bear do as reinforcements??

I agree with you - bleh
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                                What about Teal'c?

Heh, I'd say Teal'c as well, though only after Unending when Sam leaves SG-1. Though as a non-shipper I wouldn't have wanted to see the ship on-screen. And I could see Joe as well if the events of 2001 hadn't played out as they did.

I personally enjoy Sam's various friendships the best on-screen, and it kinda frustrates me to an extent when I so often see the slightest interaction she has with almost any guy get interpreted as shippy, with some of course liking it while others don't. When I was first exploring GW, it was baffling to me to see the brief scene in Evolution part 2 where Jack tells Sam he's going after Daniel get slammed by some as being too shippy, as well as other moments in the series (not just S/J) that are cheered as being shippy. It just feels like Sam the friend often gets lost in all the ship/anti-ship stuff, IMHO.

No offense meant to anyone, everyone is free to interpret the show as they wish and I respect that. This is just one of the more frustrating things I've found about fandom in regards to Sam, or most of the female characters to be honest.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X