No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those who are interested, linky to my photos from corin nemecs panel on the weekend:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4834968...7623829904026/

he said that there was never any animosity when he joined the cast, everyone was really nice and welcoming...
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Oooh, so lots of discussion here this weekend. I always like to say, 'Can't we agree to disagree?' Usually it moves the conversation on to much less stressful things and apparently, clears the air. Debate is fun, but not when people's feelings are hurt and/or personal boundaries are crossed.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
      for those who are interested, linky to my photos from corin nemecs panel on the weekend:

he said that there was never any animosity when he joined the cast, everyone was really nice and welcoming...
      Heee! Great pics! He looks so different too from when I seen him last a few years back. Then, he looked more like a homeless person with long hair and baggy clothes...very scruffy looking. He also had lost weight I believe (If I'm not mistaken, it was all done in preparation for a upcoming role he had??) Anyways, he looks really good here! Thanks for sharing your pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Oooh, so lots of discussion here this weekend. I always like to say, 'Can't we agree to disagree?' Usually it moves the conversation on to much less stressful things and apparently, clears the air. Debate is fun, but not when people's feelings are hurt and/or personal boundaries are crossed.
        I'd like to add something that I feel a lot of us (myself included) tend to forget. The way we are feeling can color how we take what someone else has typed. If you're in a bad mood, you're more likely to take someone's response personally rather than how that person actually meant it. I think implying that anyone in the recent discussions was purposely (not saying you're saying that, just a general feeling I have gotten from lurking through this) trying to hurt another's feelings is a bit skewed. Yes, we should all be careful of how we express ourselves but we should also be responsible for how we (personally) interpret what is being said.
        I find it works if you pm the person in question before responding to them if you feel they've slighted you on purpose.

That's just my $.02 on the matter. Moving on now.

How about that Amanda Tapping lady? Is she awesomesauce or what?
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Sooooooooo, Ten Commandments. Haven't re-watched it again but I've been reading Thomisina Gibson's latest book (picked up at AT4) which is a bigger glossier version of her books on the various Stargate seasons. This one covers seasons 1-5. There was a comment in the book that when AT punched the guy her machine gun swung around and whacked her in the hip which apparently hurt quite a bit. Isn't one of the reasons we like AT so much is because she's such a klutz?
          can someone please remind me which eps it was? thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            Your going to be awful tired trying to sleep with that one eye open.
            I'm practicing.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            Are all you guys Canadian?
            Jan is just a wannabe.

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
            What? You talked with Amanda?! I mean THE Amanda?? *faints*
            You'd be surprised by all the interaction the folks on this thread have had with AT. My personal hilight might be when she hit me.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            We have not only talked to THE Amanda, we have also talked to the OTHER Amanda*. Both are lovely conversationalists and a lot of fun.

*otherwise known as antoa
            Oooo, me too. In fact, the first person I met at AT3 was the other Amanda (also known as geeky Sam).

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            I had this strange feeling that people were talking about me...

It's good to know that at least some one thinks that I am a lovely conversationalist. I am not sure if I can measure up to AT though I resort to dancing more than talking as a means of entertaining myself and others.

Those going to TSE are now warned - I could be spontaneously breaking out into dance more than usual that weekend since I have a competition the following weekend.
            I'm glad you will be at a different hotel then and not in the room above me.

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
            I know, eh!! I'm dying to meet her, but haven't ever been able to rustle up the funds to get to any of the cons. Such is life as a student, I suppose... *shakes fist at ridiculously high school fees*
            Sometimes it is good to be old.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            Got your rock and chisel ready?
            Actually, I've upgraded to a quill pen. Way

Are you referring to OUR Eh-T?
            There can't be another.

A little super glue on the eyelid and she'll be good to go.
            Stop giving away my secrets.

Originally posted by suse View Post
            A nice walk down memory lane... and, apparently, the origin of Samandan pandas. (Please click the pix. They are worth it. )
            Thanks for that. That all took place before my time on the thread.

[QUOTE]
            Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

I saved for 4 years while taking out the maximum weekly entitlement for living costs on my student loan. Ate noodles and rice, saved the rest of it for AT4 last year. Trip of a life time

Of course after spending so much time and effort getting there, a jetlagged Neep promptly burst into tears when seated in front of Amanda.
            Great way to get a hug from her though, wasn't it?

Eh-T called me straight!
            The word has many meanings. Let's go with "in good order or condition".

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

I think you did great meeting Amanda! *hugs* at least you didn't end up in the hospital. (I did the first time I met her lol)

Julia(samcarterrules)
            That was also before my time. Feel free to spill.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              I'd like to add something that I feel a lot of us (myself included) tend to forget. The way we are feeling can color how we take what someone else has typed. If you're in a bad mood, you're more likely to take someone's response personally rather than how that person actually meant it. I think implying that anyone in the recent discussions was purposely (not saying you're saying that, just a general feeling I have gotten from lurking through this) trying to hurt another's feelings is a bit skewed. Yes, we should all be careful of how we express ourselves but we should also be responsible for how we (personally) interpret what is being said.
              I find it works if you pm the person in question before responding to them if you feel they've slighted you on purpose.

That's just my $.02 on the matter. Moving on now.

How about that Amanda Tapping lady? Is she awesomesauce or what?
              Agreed. Basically the statement of "agreeing to disagree" is about finding common ground to coexist in and respect for another person's opinion, no matter what it might be. Your opinion is not lost and friendships are still maintained. If only more people jumped on this bandwagon without creating so much drama.

Here, we have Sam/AT. Our common denominator.

Comment

Oooo, me too. In fact, the first person I met at AT3 was the other Amanda (also known as geeky Sam).
                Heh. I remember that! That was a fun moment. Was concerned I had scared you for a bit there

I'm glad you will be at a different hotel then and not in the room above me.
                It will be mostly lobby dancing I think - more room. Then again, I could just end up not dancing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Known around here as antoa....stands for Amanda no the other Amanda
                  OHHH haha ok. Cuz I was a bit confused there.
                  sigpic
                  My tumblr

Comment

A nice walk down memory lane... and, apparently, the origin of Samandan pandas. (Please click the pix. They are worth it. )
                    HA loved reading this very funny.
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

i got to ask these two questions

1) samcarterrules how did you end up in hospital meeting amanda?

2) EH-T how did amanda end up hitting you? im guessing because you were maybe a stalker?
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        two amandas, no waiting
                        Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned there's only ONE Amanda.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        it's nice to see the thread so alive and happy.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Yes it is! LOL. And I think most of us have that in common with Amanda too.
                        I agree, it shows that she's human and like us.

I think you did great meeting Amanda! *hugs* at least you didn't end up in the hospital. (I did the first time I met her lol)

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        *Hugs* Yeah I remember that story, but at least you got to meet your idol.

Cool, thanks. I CAN'T wait to see your pics, and read your con report when you meet Amanda. Which isn't for a while, but still.

Jan is just a wannabe.

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post

2) EH-T how did amanda end up hitting you? im guessing because you were maybe a stalker?
                        1. I'll let Julia answer that for herself.

2. So that's how EH-T knows AT's appearances on Innerspace and what not. I always felt there was something fishy about her.

(((EH-T)))

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          Heh. I remember that! That was a fun moment. Was concerned I had scared you for a bit there

Hmm..don't remember being scared. Did I look scared? Might have been jet-lag.

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post

No, in fact I'm the antithesis of a stalker. I'm uncomfortable with celebrities twittering and with learning personal details of their lives. Besides, doesn't it tell you something that my hilight is a whack on the arm and not the hugs or kisses I've received?

For the newbies (the oldbies can skip this part) I was on a set tour of Sanctuary last year with the well-behaved and charming girls known as antoa, SamJackShipLover and PengYn. We were having lunch with AT and some other lovely ladies and gents (well, one gent) and I was telling the story of how we actually lost the auction to get the set tour (although we did end up getting one after all). Part of the story involved how I am a Luddite and don't have a computer at home at which point AT, who was seated next to me, whacked me on the arm. This was not because I was bad but was in recognition that she too is a Luddite. Apparently, some kind of international recognition like a secret handshake.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

For the newbies (the oldbies can skip this part) I was on a set tour of Sanctuary last year with the well-behaved and charming girls known as antoa, SamJackShipLover and PengYn. We were having lunch with AT and some other lovely ladies and gents (well, one gent) and I was telling the story of how we actually lost the auction to get the set tour (although we did end up getting one after all). Part of the story involved how I am a Luddite and don't have a computer at home at which point AT, who was seated next to me, whacked me on the arm. This was not because I was bad but was in recognition that she too is a Luddite. Apparently, some kind of international recognition like a secret handshake.
                            You were alive during the Industrial Revolution?

Basically a Luddite were a group of textile artisans during the period of 1811-1816 who opposed the advancements of new machinery meant to make their lives easier by rioting and destroying said machinery believing it would cause them to lose their jobs.

Nowadays, the term is meant to be anyone who opposes technological advancements or change. Seeing that your using a computer, I don't think Luddite is the proper term. I certainly don't think your opposed to new gadgets. Perhaps just not keen on learning something new...?

Comment

Come on Suse, you know I've been off my Penguinarian diet for a long time now

*was fun going back and seeing that again*
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

LOL! Thanks for posting, that was great!

hehe, dan told us about that at the stargate con in march... he said the worst stunt gone wrong was the day they nearly set amanda on fire and went on to tell the story of a good looking extra (who yes he had a man crush on) who set the mine off catching himself on fire and running around nearly taking amanda out as well...
                                LOL! I remember reading about that. I wonder if that happened while filming Into the Fire, I think in the scene where all the SG people are in the open dodging the fire from those two towers, you can briefly see one guy look like he got caught on fire from one of the explosive effects.

Considering all the potential risks and complications from these stunts, it's a real credit to the stunt crew that there weren't as many injuries as there could have been. And how much the actors must have trusted the crew to keep them safe, esp with some of the more dangerous stunts like when Sam and Jack almost drowned in that corridor in Descent.

Originally posted by Shen View Post
                                can someone please remind me which eps it was? thankyou
                                The ep where AT got whacked on the hip with her gun? The First Commandment, the episode we were most recently discussing on the thread.

Oh, and welcome!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X