Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    WHOA! What the heck happened?

And btw, where are some of our avatars and sigs?
    I'm assuming things will be smoothed out soon enough. My avatar has yet to make it's appearance, but my guess is that's because I'm still using the standard designs, having not reached the 'magical' 2000+ post goal yet.

I must check to see how the new layout looks on my itouch and phone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I'm assuming things will be smoothed out soon enough. My avatar has yet to make it's appearance, but my guess is that's because I'm still using the standard designs, having not reached the 'magical' 2000+ post goal yet.

I must check to see how the new layout looks on my itouch and phone now.
      I noticed 2 more things, when we try to reply, we get that small box and we have to click "Advance" to get the big one. Also, when we click on "My controls" which is now "Settings" we can still see our subscribed threads, but not the last person who posted them, or the time they were posted unless we highlight it. Will those be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        I've only been there a week and I thought my head would explode, HS seemed like a walk in the park compared to collage.
        Yes, you are expected to work at a higher level in college than you were in high school. Welcome to the "big time."

Comment

OK, not happy that my "User control Panel" link is gone and the "Go to first unread post" isn't working properly (it's just taking me to the top of the page instead of to the actual first unread post). I don't mind change as long as things work. I can't navigate around here anymore. Not cool.

*edit* OK I guess I found the equivalent to the user control panel link in the drop down menu. Hopefully the Unread Post kink will be worked out.
          Last edited by antoa; 18 January 2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I do wish people would leave things alone! If it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT!

Mumsey
            (Disorientated and severely P***ed at the changes!)
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

*edit* OK I guess I found the equivalent to the user control panel link in the drop down menu. Hopefully the Unread Post kink will be worked out.
              with that, at least right now, use the 'first post' to take you to the page of the first unread post, then the little blue dot by 'view first unread' to go down to the first unread post
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                with that, at least right now, use the 'first post' to take you to the page of the first unread post, then the little blue dot by 'view first unread' to go down to the first unread post
                I am confused. There is only a link to the first unread post on the very first page of the thread and that does the same thing - just sends me to the top of the page that has the first unread post, not to the first unread post. Really this is the one feature of this forum that I use the most. It's frustrating having to scroll down and skim the posts to figure out what I've read and haven't read.

*edit* OK saw the 'First Unread Post' at the top of this page, but it did nothing when I clicked on it.
                *edit again* It worked on the GABIT thread, but not on this one.
                Last edited by antoa; 18 January 2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Yes, you are expected to work at a higher level in college than you were in high school. Welcome to the "big time."
                  The good news is that the teachers voted yes on a teacher strike, and it could happen as early as next month, maybe sooner. If it wasn't for my MASSIVE disadvantage, I would like it better.
                  Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  OK, not happy that my "User control Panel" link is gone and the "Go to first unread post" isn't working properly (it's just taking me to the top of the page instead of to the actual first unread post). I don't mind change as long as things work. I can't navigate around here anymore. Not cool.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  I do wish people would leave things alone! If it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT!

Mumsey
                  (Disorientated and severely P***ed at the changes!)
                  I agree with you both 100%, I've been thrown out of whack and I don't know why the make things smaller, like our user orb. Like SWMBOTGSG, don't fix what isn't broken, and I don't know the reason of this.

I hope they fix it soon, because I like many others want to see who posted the last post on whatever thread.

Comment

i don't like this change. i feel like i'm at a hotel, instead of home.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

@amandatapping: Hey. Sanctuary for Kids is donating $10,000 to Haitian relief. The Cdn gov't is matching this and all donations we get in by Feb 12. Thx.

@amandatapping: Spread the word. Xoxo
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 18 January 2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

i know the 'last unread post' is on the 'to do' list.

thing is, darren is the person doing the tweaks, so it takes him time to get to stuff.

we have a thread in the forum announcements area for glitches and tweaks to be listed

sigpic

Comment

i know the 'last unread post' is on the 'to do' list.

thing is, darren is the person doing the tweaks, so it takes him time to get to stuff.

we have a thread in the forum announcements area for glitches and tweaks to be listed
                          At least "Settings" is back to "My Controls". What about when we try to make a post, we get the little box at the bottom?

Comment

he's working on it.

it doesn't seem strange to me because i always use the quick reply instead of the 'reply to thread' button

it was likely a way to speed things up a bit. since you no longer have to wait for the reply page to load, type your reply, then wait for it to appear

sigpic

Comment

I see that Darren has already worked out a few of the glitches since I first logged in to the new update earlier today. I do like the wider forum, and larger Avatar. The color scheme is not one I like but that is okay I can live with it. As for the things that are still have a problem at the moment I'm willing to remain calm and give Darren some time to fix and not complain. But that is just my nature. I like the clean new look.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Gak! Well, look what happens when you leave town for the weekend.

Too white, too bright. Hopefully I'll adjust quickly.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X