Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    That's so Amanda. Here's another one-

@amandatapping I'm here in the UK!!! I'm in the GABIT mobile with my lovely girls en route to the hotel. Let the games begin! Xo

I'm happy Amanda chose to go to AT4 instead of the Gemini's it just further shows how much Amanda cares about her fans than some award. But if she wins I can't think of a better place or people to celebrate with if she wins.
    hehe, so sweet

and yeah what better place to celebrate a geminin win then amongst the fans
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey Guys,

sitting in in the Ren with Lies, Cel and Neep, also Doris and Donna having a great time! Going to the cocktail party tonight!!

Hehe see you all soon!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

HAVE GREAT FUN, GIRLS (AND BOYS, y/n? ).

GAH. More than six months out of the year I live in England, and now I decide to clean up college already back East. No words, only ngh and similar sounds of dissatisfaction. Life. It is unfair.

I'll just live vicariously through you guys, if that's alright?
        you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          Here ya go.

http://www.geminiawards.ca/gemini24/nominees.cfm

Erin Karpluk
          Being Erica
          Dr. Tom

Amy Jo Johnson
          Flashpoint
          Planets Aligned

Andrea Menard
          Rabbit Fall
          Hit and Run

Amanda Tapping
          Sanctuary
          Requiem

Natalie Dormer
          The Tudors
          Episode 210
          she has two bits of competition that i've seen. i THINK the flashpoint episode is the one where amy jo talked down a girl that had been kidnapped years ago and held a gun on the cops - suffering from stockholm syndrome, so she was trying to talk down a kidnap victim and get her out without getting hurt. natalie dormier, episode 210 was the episdoe when her character Anny Bolyn was killed, so very dramatic

Originally posted by suse View Post
          Well, S9/S10 still happened to Sam. Maybe it was AT being preoccupied (and rightly so ) with Olivia, but...
          rick was also gone, so was gekko, so it was just amanda vs coop and his buddies. and yes, added to that the stress of having a new baby.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Another twitter report from Amanda

Sitting in bookshop in lovely kingston upon Thames. Pouring rain and shopping with julia from gabit. I must be in England!

Love it!

NC

Comment

So just dropping in to announce a couple of Women of the Gate updates:

Holiday Open House

We're celebrating the ladies of Stargate over the holiday period from 20th December to 3rd January - artwork, vids, fics and fic recs all welcome!

2010 Ficathon/Artwork Challenge

We're considering a 'First Seasons' theme for the next ficathon/artwork challenge. Take part in the poll (you may need to be a LJ member to press the buttons but you can always leave a comment if you're not) and let us know what you think and how you'd like it to run.

---

Hope all the AT4 attendees have fun!
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                she has two bits of competition that i've seen. i THINK the flashpoint episode is the one where amy jo talked down a girl that had been kidnapped years ago and held a gun on the cops - suffering from stockholm syndrome, so she was trying to talk down a kidnap victim and get her out without getting hurt. natalie dormier, episode 210 was the episdoe when her character Anny Bolyn was killed, so very dramatic
                I see, well I gues in the end all we can do is hope. I am going to be taping the show btw, and if she wins/her name is called out I'll put it on YT.

rick was also gone, so was gekko, so it was just amanda vs coop and his buddies. and yes, added to that the stress of having a new baby.
                I think by then everyone knew what Amanda wanted and didn't want to do, so I think they would have allowed her to continue doing what she does best.

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

Sitting in bookshop in lovely kingston upon Thames. Pouring rain and shopping with julia from gabit. I must be in England!

Love it!

NC
                That's our Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  Well, S9/S10 still happened to Sam. Maybe it was AT being preoccupied (and rightly so ) with Olivia, but...
                  And as sSky said, Gekko was gone by then. and even if she questioned stuff, Rcc & the gang didn't always listen to her anyway. at least Sam was (mostly) still shown as highly competent even if she was on the sidelines.

I hope AT is having fun in London. The cons will start so she'll be very busy these next 3 days. Still, hope fun is part of the menu.
                  hope everyone's having a great time this weekend.

Comment

To all attending the convention: Have fun!

But... those that stay behind expect pictures of our "Grand Empress of Sci-Fi"

But have fun, that's the most important thing: oh no that's seeing Amanda

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

Love it!

NC
                      She was in Borders today while I was working five minutes away?

ETA: And lovely? My, she's diplomatic
                      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                        To all attending the convention: Have fun!

But... those that stay behind expect pictures of our "Grand Empress of Sci-Fi"

But have fun, that's the most important thing: oh no that's seeing Amanda
                        Lots and lots of pictures and full reports of all the gaiety. We want to feel like we are there with you.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                          HAVE GREAT FUN, GIRLS (AND BOYS, y/n? ).

GAH. More than six months out of the year I live in England, and now I decide to clean up college already back East. No words, only ngh and similar sounds of dissatisfaction. Life. It is unfair.

I'll just live vicariously through you guys, if that's alright?
                          Heh, that's what I've been doing with all the conventions and set visits.

Hope everyone has a blast this weekend, whether you're going to AT4 or not!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Lots and lots of pictures and full reports of all the gaiety. We want to feel like we are there with you.
                            What she says

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Hey Samanda, just dropping off 2 new YT vids of mine.

Robin Dunne on InnerSpace Pt. 1 of 2

Robin Dunne on InnerSpace Pt. 2 of 2

This isn't the whole episode, just his parts in it, and he's actually a really funny guy.

Comment

and here starts our virtual con

Ok, so all i tracked down thus far is a bunch of fic. All taken from the novel archive. Varying levels of ship.

http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/

And - for the record - there's a few of my fic in there, but the only reason they are is cause there's not much Sam gen on the archive.

Spoiler:
                                4 + 1 = 5 - 2 - Jo R.
                                Download: Text File (274kb) - Zip File (102kb)
                                FR-T - Angst, Romance/UST - July 25, 2003
                                Spoilers for "Children of the Gods," "Family," "Holiday," "Forever in a Day," "Crossroads," "Tangent," "Between Two Fires," "48 Hours," "Meridian," "Revelations," "Descent," "Abyss," "Allegiance," and "Unnatural Selection." Takes place during Season 7, after Daniel's return.
                                Sam/Jack, Janet/Jonas, other pairing. Four plus One equals Five minus Three.

1991 - Starbuck92
                                Download: Text File (360kb) - Zip File (139kb)
                                FR-M - Romance/UST, Angst, Action/Adventure - July 25, 2003
                                Spoilers for "Nemesis" and "Small Victories." Takes place during Season 4.
                                Sam/Jack, Sam/other. Flying and friendship, love and loss – what was Sam Carter's life like during the Persian Gulf War?

The Andromeda Series - Alli Snow
                                Download: Text File (668kb) - Zip File (262kb)
                                FR-T - Romance/UST, Angst, Action/Adventure - July 23, 2000
                                2001 Stargate SG-1 Fan Fiction Award Winner : Best Original Character in a Shipper Story (Honorable Mention). 2003 Stargate SG-1 Fan Fiction Award Winner: Team's Choice Award (Ship). Spoilers for "The Broca Divide," "Fire and Water," "Solitudes," "Forever in a Day," and "Urgo."
                                Sam/Jack, Daniel/Janet. Includes The Assignment, The Aide, The Afterglow, The Arising, The Allusion, The Attack, The Accident, The Anger, The Alien, The Archaeologist, The Absence, The Advance, The Adversary, The Ability, The Allies, The Aberation, The Ardor, The Act, The Affliction, The Answers, The Abduction, The Angel, The Angel, The Ambush, The Anniversary, The Altruism, and The Addendum. Series complete.

Angels, Ghosts and Goodbyes - Jo R.
                                Download: Text File (150kb) - Zip File (54kb)
                                FR-M - Romance/UST, Angst, Supernatural/Horror - December 15, 2000
                                Spoilers for most of the general plotlines from all seasons, mainly those with the Goa'uld and Tok'ra. Set during Season 4.
                                Sam/Jack. A member of the SGC dies on a routine mission but is unable to move on as the base mourns. But nothing is forever, is it?

As the 'Gate Turns - Annerb
                                Download: Text File (650kb) - Zip File (242kb)
                                FR-M - Drama, Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance/UST - June 26, 2005
                                Spoilers through "End Game." Takes place during mid-Season 8, after "End Game."
                                Sam/Jack. The smallest things have the power to change everything. Will one moment of weakness alter the Galaxy forever? And what secrets are the Goa'uld hiding?

A Beautiful Mind - SG1_fanfic
                                Download: Text File (276kb) - Zip File (101kb)
                                FR-C+ - Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance/UST - June 26, 2005
                                Takes place at the end of Season 7 or later.
                                Sam/Jack UST. The NID and technology of the Ancients.

The Best I Ever Had - Noda
                                Download: Text File (475kb) - Zip File (177kb)
                                FR-T - Romance/UST - September 16, 2000
                                Minor spoilers for episodes through Season 4, specifically for "Divide and Conquer." Takes place ten years after Season 4.
                                Sam/Jack. Sam and Jack meet again under unusual circumstances. It's been ten years since Sam left the SGC.
                                URL: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Labyrinth/7277/

Blink of an Eye - Jo R.
                                Download: Text File (170kb) - Zip File (63kb)
                                FR-T - Angst, Romance/UST - June 26, 2005
                                Spoilers for "Singularity," "Birthright," "Grace," "Chimera," "Heroes," "The Lost City," and other basic spoilers for Season 1-6. Takes place during early Season 8.
                                Sam/Jack UST/friendship, mild Sam/Pete. Someone special needs protection but Sam struggles to keep her safe.

Choices We Make - Sharim
                                Download: Text File (418kb) - Zip File (151kb)
                                FR-T - Angst, Romance/UST, Alternate Universe, Drama, Epilogue/Missing Scene - March 27, 2002
                                Includes spoilers for First and Second season. Nearly all the episodes are mentioned because it is an alternate timeline of the SGC.
                                Sam/Jack. An alternate timeline of the SGC, starting from before the very first Stargate movie until about the end of season 2.

Contagion - Noda
                                Download: Text File (287kb) - Zip File (109kb)
                                FR-T - Romance/UST, Angst - January 1, 2001
                                Minor spoilers through Season 5. Takes place during Season 5.
                                Sam/Jack. Sam contracts an alien virus that begins to affect her ability to reason and communicate. Can an antidote be found in time?

Counterbalance - Sally Reeve
                                Download: Text File (162kb) - Zip File (63kb)
                                FR-C+ - Romance/UST, Epilogue/Missing Scene - March 20, 2004
                                2004 Stargate Fan Award Winner: Best Alternate Universe - Mirror Universe (Ship); 2004 Stargate Fan Award Winner: Best Missing Scene/Epilogue Tag (Ship). Spoilers for "Unnatural Selection," "Fragile Balance," and "Heroes." Episode addition to "Fragile Balance."
                                Sam/Jack UST. An emergency brings the cloned Jack O'Neill back to the SGC.

Crisis - Jojo
                                Download: Text File (372kb) - Zip File (142kb)
                                FR-T - Romance/UST - June 26, 2005
                                Spoilers for "Children of the Gods," "First Commandment," "Cold Lazarus," "Fire and Water," "Politics," "In the Line of Duty," "1969," "Seth," "100 Days," "Shades of Grey," "Upgrades," "Watergate," "Beneath the Surface," "Chain Reaction," "Prodigy," and "Entity." Takes place during Season 5 before "Ascension."
                                Sam/Jack. Sam's bad year gets the better of her and Maybourne's not helping much.

Dancing on the Volcano - Toulouse
                                Download: Text File (212kb) - Zip File (82kb)
                                FR-T - Action/Adventure, Romance/UST - January 1, 2002
                                Assumes the reader has seen everything up through Season 4, particularly "The Curse." An adult version of this story is available at the author's site.
                                Sam/Jack. Suppressed feelings extrude during an odyssey of disaster.

A Deadly Legacy - Sally Reeve and Marcy
                                Download: Text File (263kb) - Zip File (99kb)
                                FR-C+ - Angst, Drama, Romance/UST - April 1, 2001
                                2001 Stargate SG-1 Fan Fiction Award Winner : Best Shipper Hurt/Comfort Story. Spoilers for "In the Line of Duty" and "Divide and Conquer." Takes place during Season 4.
                                Sam/Jack UST. Memories weren't the only thing Jolinar left behind.

The Exclamation Series - Su Freund
                                Download: Text File (266kb) - Zip File (101kb)
                                FR-T - Angst, Romance/UST, Drama - June 26, 2005
                                Spoilers for "Children of the Gods," "Broca Divide," "The First Commandment," "Singularity," "Within the Serpent's Grasp," "Secrets," "Seth," "Divide and Conquer," "Window of Opportunity," and "Abyss." Takes place during Season 7. An adult version of this story is available on the author's website.
                                Sam/Jack, Sam/other. Part 1: Jack's thoughts when he sees Sam in the park with a man. Part 2: Sam perspective to Part 1. Sam's thoughts when she sees Jack jogging in the park. Part 3: Jack dreads the barbecue he spontaneously arranged for Sam and her visiting family. Part 4: After the barbecue, Jack and Sam have to face each other sooner than they hoped. Part 5: Jack and Sam still have unresolved issues after the barbecue but, before they can resolve them, Jack and Daniel are attacked by aliens on a mysterious planet. Part 6: After a hard and bloody mission Sam pays a visit to Jack's rooftop sanctuary. Part 7: After their night of passion together, Jack discovers he needs to woo Sam. Part 8: To his dismay, Jack's injury stops him getting an answer from Sam. Part 9: Sam has made her decision at last, but is it in Jack's favour?

The Exile Trilogy - Alli Snow
                                Download: Text File (640kb) - Zip File (250kb)
                                FR-T - Angst, Action/Adventure, Romance/UST - Added March 20, 2000 - Last Updated November 30, 2002
                                Heavy spoilers for "Point of View" and "Forever In a Day"; other general spoilers through Season 3. Set late-second to third season. Includes Exile, Suspension, and Asylum.
                                Sam/Jack, Daniel/Janet. Sam and Jack find themselves stranded on an alien planet, and Daniel finds himself the only one believing they're still alive.

Eye of the Beholder - Jo R.
                                Download: Text File (462kb) - Zip File (172kb)
                                FR-T - Romance/UST, Angst, Epilogue/Missing Scene, Action/Adventure, Drama - March 20, 2004
                                Spoilers for "In the Line of Duty," "Secrets," "The Fifth Race," "1969," "100 Days," "2010," "Entity," "Ascension," "2001," "Meridian," "Metamorphosis," "Prophecy," "Lifeboat," and speculation on "Heroes." Post-episode/missing scene for "Metamorphosis." Takes place during mid-Season 7. Includes Eye of the Beholder, What Hides Within, Out of the Ashes, and Drifting.
                                Sam/Jack. Eye of the Beholder - What if the end of the episode isn't the end of the story? What Hides Within - 'They seemed on edge. Nervous. There was something in their eyes when they looked at her but how was she to know what they were planning? How could she have guessed at the secret hiding behind the crystal walls?' Out of the Ashes - After four months of nothing, they get news of Sam in the strangest way. Drifting - Believing their child to be dead, Theia and her host grieve.

Flying With Fear - Sharim
                                Download: Text File (259kb) - Zip File (94kb)
                                FR-T - Romance/UST, Angst - March 27, 2002
                                Takes place during Season 4.
                                Sam/Jack. Sam and Jack go missing thanks to some aliens, and the consequences of their disappearance create tensions, problems and awkwards situations at the SGC.

Forbidden - Julia Reynolds
                                Download: Text File (172kb) - Zip File (64kb)
                                FR-T - Drama, Gen - January 17, 2000
                                Must be familiar with Season 1 & 2 up until around "Family" / "Secrets." This is set in mid Season 2.
                                Trapped on a terrifying world, where even the Goa'uld are afraid to go, SG1 fight to get home and fight for each other's sanity and lives.

Fragile Balance - SelDear and Denise
                                Download: Text File (253kb) - Zip File (96kb)
                                FR-T - Alternate Universe, Action/Adventure, Drama, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Gen - June 26, 2005
                                Spoilers for "100 Days" and "Shades of Grey." Takes place during Season 3.
                                What if...Jack didn't make it back in time from Edora, who would the Asgard ask for help?

From Hereon After - Alli Snow
                                Download: Text File (460kb) - Zip File (180kb)
                                FR-T - Angst, Action/Adventure, Romance/UST - November 30, 2002
                                2004 Stargate Fan Award Winner: Team's Choice Award (Ship). General spoilers through Season 4. Includes The Lies We Tell, The Collaborators, and A Matter of Trust.
                                Sam/Jack. Some bonds can never be broken. Others can never be repaired.

From Perdition's Flame - Denise
                                Download: Text File (150kb) - Zip File (56kb)
                                FR-T - Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Action/Adventure, Gen - June 26, 2005
                                Spoilers for "Hathor," "Within the Serpent's Grasp," "The Serpent's Lair," and "In the Line of Duty." Takes place during Seasons 1 and 2.
                                What if Hathor had escaped the SGC in Hathor...and took a prisoner with her...Sam.

Anyone else that wants to toss in a few fic recs, or pictures or wallies....please feel free. Something for us to have fun with as we eagerly await news from the AT4 attendees
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X