Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    Well the day does start with a 5k run and parade before the activities in the park get started. So the cow is feed and water well before anyone even shows up at the park. Tickets for the event are sold the week leading up to the event. My job that day is to lead the band for the parade, then I like to go down to the park and sample some of the great food they have and watch the kids having fun playing the games.
    Ah, much better then. The 5K run sounds right up my alley and who couldn't love a good parade. I think we all revert to our inner child. It's all for a worthy cause so it makes it that much more fun too, I think.

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
    Oh, people.

I'm currently reading Terry Pratchett and Jacqueline Simpson's The Folklore of Discworld, which is about well, the folklore of Pratchett's Discworld, and the Earth traditions and folklore which interest him and/or have influenced him in creating that fantasy world. The above sounds right up his street
    LOVE Terry Pratchett! I have oodles of his books, both in print and electronic form around here and have been reading his work for years.

I haven't read this book yet, but I'm sure like everything else he writes (co-authors) it's sure to be good. Besides, what Pratchett fan wouldn't love the myths/legends surrounding some of Discworld's slightly different inhabitants? Must find this to read soon!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      In case you didn't know and want to donate ... I was looking where to donate for Haiti and now did it through SanctuaryForKids. See here and also see their tweet. SfK website here. Just FYI
      Thanks for the links. I was planning to donate and was just in the process of working out where my donation would do the most good and S4K was one of the places I was going to check. Recent news stories here have been warning people to give to established charities to ensure the money actually goes to those who need it. Also, you may want to check into what percentage of your donation goes to administration costs. Most charities have admin costs of course but there can be a very big difference in the percentage of your donation that gets eaten up by those costs. I see lots of advantages to a S4K's donation. First, there are no admin costs because that is covered by AT and DK (although Plan Canada would have costs). Second, matching contributions from the Canadian government double the donation.

Our Governor General is originally from Haiti. Hearing her speak this week about the disaster was absolutely heartbreaking.

At the local Fall Festival here the High School Ag Department for a fundraiser plays Cow Pattie Bingo. The grid out an area of the part park, sell tickets for the squares, feed and water a cow, then let is loose and were it makes a cow pattie the person that has purchased the ticket for that grid wins a prize. It is very popular with the local folks.

LOL! Sounds like a hoot!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Hey everyone,

Long time no post, college has been really busy. How's everyone?

Chelle, I love your vids and pics! Very funny!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        I've only been there a week and I thought my head would explode, HS seemed like a walk in the park compared to collage. However there's a good chance there will be strike within the next couple of weeks.

Interesting story though, I'm taking a Classic Mythology class on Fridays, and I was able to use my Stargate knowledge for a lot of it. he asked us to name 3 ancient Gods, I rasied my hand and said, Ra, Apophis and Hathor.

My teacher then ask us to name him one type of ancient myth, I raised my hand and I actually said Atlantis. He said I was right, and told us Atlantis was believed to be the city of the Gods, and was lost long, long ago, never to be found.

As he was saying that I was thinking, "Actually, Atlantis was the city of the Ancients, the original Gate builders, and back in 2005, it was discovered in the Pegasus Galaxy by Daniel Jackson. And last year it came from the Pegasus Galaxy to Earth."

At the local Fall Festival here the High School Ag Department for a fundraiser plays Cow Pattie Bingo. The grid out an area of the part park, sell tickets for the squares, feed and water a cow, then let is loose and were it makes a cow pattie the person that has purchased the ticket for that grid wins a prize. It is very popular with the local folks.

Cool pic.

In case you didn't know and want to donate ... I was looking where to donate for Haiti and now did it through SanctuaryForKids. See here and also see their tweet. SfK website here. Just FYI
        Thanks for the links Lies. I'm glad that they're now focusing their attention and resources to those who really need it. It makes me proud that they want to use their popularity to help others instead of just helping themselves. You know what, I think I'll donate.

Comment

Hey y'all I need some help. I got a message from YT not too long ago, and it was an offer or me to get in partnership with them and the message said this-

Earn Money From Your Video

Apply for partnership to take advantage of your popular video: Amanda Tapping on InnerSpace Pt. 1 of 2

Then I clicked on "Sign up Now" and I get this-

Spoiler:
          Make money from your YouTube video by including it in the YouTube Partnership Program!
          Before you can start making money with your video, you need to complete the following:

1.Review the tutorial
          2.Link your YouTube account to a Google AdSense account
          3.Accept the Agreement
          4.Tell us more about the contents of your video

I clicked on "Start the tutorial!" and I get this-

This tutorial will help you understand the following:
          •Guidelines on video you can submit for revenue sharing
          •How your video can make money
          •How to monetize your video
          •When and how you get paid
          •How to get additional information

I clicked on "Next" and I get this-

Guidelines on videos you can submit for revenue sharing
          You should own all rights to the video!
          •What does this mean?
          •Do not monetize:
          •A photograph...
          •Any music...
          •Any movie or TV visuals...
          •Any artwork...
          •Any play, theatrical work or concert...
          •...unless you created the contents of the entire video or have permission of the person who created or produced it.
          •Also:
          •Make sure you get permission from people who are featured in your video
          •And don't include "bad stuff" that is prohibited in our Community Guidelines

I click on "Next" and I get this-

We are not joking -- these rules are really important.
          If you don't respect these rules, your video will be deleted from the site. No exceptions.

I don't go further than that because I don't know what will happen, and I hoping the actual smart people here can help. For those here who have YT accounts, has anyone accepted their offer, and for those who have, what happened? Is it safe to accept their offer? What also worries me is that, can they delete my other vids, and can I re-post it if they do delete it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            Hey y'all I need some help. I got a message from YT not too long ago, and it was an offer or me to get in partnership with them and the message said this-

Earn Money From Your Video

Apply for partnership to take advantage of your popular video: Amanda Tapping on InnerSpace Pt. 1 of 2

Then I clicked on "Sign up Now" and I get this-

Spoiler:
            Make money from your YouTube video by including it in the YouTube Partnership Program!
            Before you can start making money with your video, you need to complete the following:

1.Review the tutorial
            2.Link your YouTube account to a Google AdSense account
            3.Accept the Agreement
            4.Tell us more about the contents of your video

I clicked on "Start the tutorial!" and I get this-

This tutorial will help you understand the following:
            •Guidelines on video you can submit for revenue sharing
            •How your video can make money
            •How to monetize your video
            •When and how you get paid
            •How to get additional information

I clicked on "Next" and I get this-

Guidelines on videos you can submit for revenue sharing
            You should own all rights to the video!
            •What does this mean?
            •Do not monetize:
            •A photograph...
            •Any music...
            •Any movie or TV visuals...
            •Any artwork...
            •Any play, theatrical work or concert...
            •...unless you created the contents of the entire video or have permission of the person who created or produced it.
            •Also:
            •Make sure you get permission from people who are featured in your video
            •And don't include "bad stuff" that is prohibited in our Community Guidelines

I click on "Next" and I get this-

We are not joking -- these rules are really important.
            If you don't respect these rules, your video will be deleted from the site. No exceptions.

I don't go further than that because I don't know what will happen, and I hoping the actual smart people here can help. For those here who have YT accounts, has anyone accepted their offer, and for those who have, what happened? Is it safe to accept their offer? What also worries me is that, can they delete my other vids, and can I re-post it if they do delete it?
            Well, a) you do not have the permission of the people appearing in the video and b) you do not own the rights to the video because it came from InnerSpace. Ergo, do not proceed.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Well, a) you do not have the permission of the people appearing in the video and b) you do not own the rights to the video because it came from InnerSpace. Ergo, do not proceed.
              It's odd because a lot of my other vids have been bigger hits than that one, it makes me wonder why any of those weren't chosen. Oh well, I was looking forward to making money back from my vids. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hey everyone,

Long time no post, college has been really busy. How's everyone?

Chelle, I love your vids and pics! Very funny!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                heya julia

thanks for pic

its great to see the sanctuary gang using their public status to help those in need...

I've only been there a week and I thought my head would explode, HS seemed like a walk in the park compared to collage. However there's a good chance there will be strike within the next couple of weeks.

Interesting story though, I'm taking a Classic Mythology class on Fridays, and I was able to use my Stargate knowledge for a lot of it. he asked us to name 3 ancient Gods, I rasied my hand and said, Ra, Apophis and Hathor.

My teacher then ask us to name him one type of ancient myth, I raised my hand and I actually said Atlantis. He said I was right, and told us Atlantis was believed to be the city of the Gods, and was lost long, long ago, never to be found.

As he was saying that I was thinking, "Actually, Atlantis was the city of the Ancients, the original Gate builders, and back in 2005, it was discovered in the Pegasus Galaxy by Daniel Jackson. And last year it came from the Pegasus Galaxy to Earth."
                LOL

when i was in high school i was the only person able to answer opposable in realation to 'what are our thumbs?' because id heard it on friends
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I just did...I wanted to donate but there are so many charity organisations here that are asking for money for Haiti and it's all so confusing..this makes me feel more secure in knowing that the money will get there. Thanks Lies for reminding me!
                  <snipped>
                  I got the same message from YT about my video of the Atlantis guys hug and tackle that I filmed at Armageddon. I refused the offer as I have always put things like that on YT for entertainment purposes not for monetary gain. Besides...I don't trust YT. I'm not going to get into all that money making stuff when that's not what my videos are made for.
                  Just be careful with whatever choice you make. I'd take EH-T's advice...given what she does for a living!

(((Samandans)))
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

What is happening??! Everything looks different! I think I missed something lol.

*goes to figure out what has changed*
                    sigpic

Comment

What is happening??! Everything looks different! I think I missed something lol.

GW has updated to the new version of vBulletin. It is going to take a bit of time to get used too.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        I got the same message from YT about my video of the Atlantis guys hug and tackle that I filmed at Armageddon. I refused the offer as I have always put things like that on YT for entertainment purposes not for monetary gain. Besides...I don't trust YT. I'm not going to get into all that money making stuff when that's not what my videos are made for.
                        Just be careful with whatever choice you make. I'd take EH-T's advice...given what she does for a living!
                        I'd think, with anything that provides another source of income, you'd have to wary of having to pay taxes on it later too.

GW has updated to the new version of vBulletin. It is going to take a bit of time to get used too.
                        Yeah, I was locked out for a bit with a rather strange message: Maintenance, return at 6pm GMT 23rd of December.

I figured they were just doing a routine-ish update so wasnt too worried. Everything is strangely different, but still all the same. I'm sure it won't take us long to adjust.

Comment

Hey guys a quick question: I saw a comedy and for a sketch they used a blue screen. Sanctuary makes use of green screens.

What is the diffrence between blue screens and green screens?
                          If there is none, than why are there 2 kind of screens.

I apoligise if the 2nd question is silly

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

no real difference. theoretically you can key any color, especially red, blue or green. that said, shades of blue and green are the easiest. Red is hard because of skin tones

I've worked at tv stations that used blue, others that used green

you could use white or black if you wanted to, but then your talent couldn't wear those colors.

there may be technical reasons for each color, but green seems to be the most popular with blue second most (i know it annoyed our meterologists that they couldn't wear certain shades of blue when we had a blue screen, they liked the green better)
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

CHANGE!!!!!!!!

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

WHOA! What the heck happened?

And btw, where are some of our avatars and sigs?

Comment

Working...
                                X