Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    She'd hop on that bike of hers and take a long, long, long drive by herself before getting together with the team to celebrate.
    And then, of course, there's this cabin... in Minnesota...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      She'd hop on that bike of hers and take a long, long, long drive by herself before getting together with the team to celebrate.
      Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      And then, of course, there's this cabin... in Minnesota...

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

1. What has been your best moment/part of 2008?
        Travelling across Canada on a train with my daughter, Becky. Three days to ourselves - no internet - no phones - no cooking. It wasn't without its dramas (getting progressively later as we advanced and having to rearrange meeting No.1 Son in Vancouver when we eventually arrived) but it added to the fun.

2. What was your biggest regret?
        Scratching the insect bite that started off the leg ulcer.

3. What will you miss about this year?
        Not much. Too much to look forward to.

4. What will you always remember about 2008?
        Meeting RDA and getting to know him, and watching him bonding with Becky when she looked after him at Gatecon. The auction bet over the cartoons will be a favourite memory forever.

Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

sigpic

Comment

Oh gosh, there are too many. The AT3 week in May. Spending 23 days in Canada in the summer - first to put on "Me So Lovely" in Toronto, then travelling across to spend some time seeing friends in Vancouver and relaxing. It'a been an amazing year.

That I had to sleep! Too much to do.

Everything.

It's the year I found out that just by trying, I could make a small difference in people's lives and it was very humbling. It's the year I was gobsmacked at just how incredibly supportive and loving my close friends are. It's a year filled with lasting memories and most of all it's a year which has been full of change for me personally.
            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Attending AT3 and Gatecon--great people, great fun!!!

I didn't get as much done as I'd planned--such as organizing all the photographs I have--both my own and my Dad's. And the genealogy I started working on. Looks like I'll have plenty of time in 2009.

Being able to travel--2009 doesn't look promising with this awful economy.

My travels to the UK and Vancouver of course!!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I was browsing around and found this fun interview/dvd special feature. An oldie but a goodie. Fun to see AT, CJ & MS having fun in S7.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=mfsdY7...eature=related
                See the blue thing they are sitting on.... That's my quilt that is... Well Okay it's actually Amanda's quilt, but I made it

Winning my bet with RDA... or rather the progressively contorted expressions on his face as he realised he was in trouble, tried to weedle out of it and then lost throughly

Getting on the ski lift between my instructor and a guy who hadn't been skiing in 15 years... 3 days into a 18 day trip... I needed the assitance of the ski patrol to get off the mountain and an hour later discovered I had a broken leg. At least I got expert phsio, only bruised the bones in the joint ( rather than tearing anything more difficult to heal) and I did get to watch ark of truth unmolested while convalessing. I go back to whistler in less than a week though

I spent a LOT of time in canada in 2008 and won't be able to spend so much time there in 2009. toronto for me so lovely and hanging out with my closest friends and playing tourist was wonderful. The train with mumsey was rather too relaxing but just what I needed... I really couldn't DO anything for three days and with my three jobs on the go it's not often that happens. Then there was Gatecon in vangroovey, visiting more friends and my two skiing trips... I like Canada so I will miss not being there so much.

It's been a busy year, skiing, breaking a leg ( the one thing everyone told me NOT to do) limping about at AT3... Seeing my friends dream come true, getting rid of a job I hated and falling into a job I couldn't have dreamed of, and finally landing a proper teaching job... but it has to be seeking the advice of my friends who told me resoundingly to be myself and not what anyone else thought I should be. In doing so, I got the chance to correct something I had long regretted.

So, onwards and upwards... 2009 will also be busy... I am looking forward to the four-peat of GABIT, but I hope not to require the assistance of the WHistler ski patrol again!!!

Becks
                Last edited by becky_preen; 30 December 2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

just a reminder guys, time is running out to nominate your favorite fic or art work for hte fanfic awards

http://www.sg-awards.com/news.php

if you have anyone whose work you love and would recommend, go and nominate it.

it takes about 5 minutes to c/p in the fic title, author, e-mail and choose the basic categories
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spending the weekend in the same room as rick and getting to see the 'real' guy.

Working on that one. There's not much that i regret

I think, as 2009 plays out, i'll regret how 'settled' this year has been. I think 2009 is gonna be a crazy time.

teh year that i hit 3 countries (counting mine) in one year. doing both gabit then gatecon, and i actually enjoyed the con more working it than i ever did attending it.

that and watching my neice grow and change from a totally dependant little infant to a 'sometimes too independant' toddler.

sigpic

Comment

. What has been your best moment/part of 2008?
                      Attending my first Gatecon ..Oh! and meeting Rick.

Missing the AT event

Missing the Gabit AT event

Gatecon and meeting both new and old friends (SUE C!)
                      The end of Stargate Atlantis. Well I know it officially ends in 2009 but "Close enough."
                      Losing a good online friend, (Deej).

How fast 2008 went by!
                      Last edited by SG1Poz; 30 December 2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

hey, for those of us that can't attend AT4, we'll have our virtual con here. we'll come up with something and have fun that weekend

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          hey, for those of us that can't attend AT4, we'll have our virtual con here. we'll come up with something and have fun that weekend
                          Sounds good to me What weekend in Nov. is it ?

Comment

AT4 is the 13th-15th

Comment

so we have about 11 months to plan

give us a few months, maybe we'll come up with a round robin fic, a graphics contest, just stuff to have fun with to amuse us between con reports from attendees

sigpic

Comment

1. The best moment/part of 2008:

2 weeks in Seattle visiting my family. My youngest cousin was pregnant. It was wonderful helping her with the nursery and now we have a new edition born Oct 18th Kayleigh Elizabeth.

AT3 in May was my first time out of the country and BOTH were so cool!

Gatecon in Vancouver in the same room with RDA working with such great people and, like Sky, seeing the 'real' guy was so much fun.

Went to my first Comic Con...whoa..

2. Biggest regret of 2008:

Don't really have too many of those...

3. What will you miss about 2008:

The money I spent... Not so much of it in 2009

4. What will you always remember about 2008:

All the travelling I got to do. Visiting my family in Seattle. Meeting Amanda in London. Seeing Julia's new play in Toronto. Meeting RDA in Vancouver.
                                sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Working...
                                X