Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    In other news Morjana has posted an interview with Damian Kindler on the Sanctuary thread. There are some minor spoilers for the season.
    Spoiler:
    I think some people wondered with Will getting a different back story that Helen would be co-leading in Sanctuary and DK said no that's not the case. They are a team, but Helen would be leading them.

Spoiler:
    thank gawd!! ... i almost blew a vein just thinking about it, let alone it actually happening. that would have made me spewing veins all over the place.

*takes moment to appreciate news*

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!*

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

OT- Hey LilFerret I was just looking at your AT3 pics from your album, and I found a pic with a caption I didn't notice before that goes "Um...heh...*whistles*" This pic-
      Spoiler:
      Um...heh...*whistles*
      Last edited by Rocky89; 12 August 2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
        Thanx, ParadoxRealities. I think I tried Mountain Dew in Egypt. Too bad I can't find it here. Diffrence from US / Canada? I think couch / Chesterfield.
        Apparently the humor in general is different. Canadians like dry humor, I think? Personally, I do as well, and there are quite a few other US-ians that do as well. But I don't argue.

Well ya didn't have to laugh that hard, guys.

More Political Parties than in the US.
        Social Security is better arranged (I think or conclude that).
        And bless you for it! Two parties is not enough.
        That's not difficult.
        Radio Stations have names instead of 4 letters
        Ours can be 3 or 4 letters.
        Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Is that a joke or is there really a thread named that?
        Of course! Several, actually. Welcome to GW. Granted, they're not actually that name.
        "Against Pete" (273 replies)
        "Samantha needs a better looking guy than pete" (155), but that's not all negative.
        "The real Pete...*chimera/affinity spoilers" (22) isn't an anti thread, just a (admittedly negative) speculation one.
        "How would YOU kill Pete Shanihan?" (yes "Shanihan", 21 replies), but that's not all people answering the question.
        "The anti Pete/anti Sam/Pete thread" (16)

And of course the SJ threads, and I think even SD? lost no love over him.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          OT- Hey LilFerret I was just looking at your AT3 pics from your album, and I found a pic with a caption I didn't notice before that goes "Um...heh...*whistles*" This pic-
          *blinks*

Was that a question of some sort? LOL Not sure what picture that was, though I can guess.
          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Congrats on the OT stuff, very impressive!

ITA on the Sam/Vala comments.

You should come to AT4. Guaranteed fun!

Well, I guess you'd actually have to ask Amanda to know for sure. It was at the autograph session on Sunday so my assumption is that it had to do with my giving stuff away at the auction the night before. On the other hand, maybe she had heard a rumour that I was behaving badly, insisting on only blue jello and had destroyed my hotel room.

As for the TV question, there is no doubt that having a show on a cable network or payTV limits the audience. But the ratings that result in a hit on such stations are considerably lower than what constitutes a hit on network TV.
            Oooooh Guaranteed fun!!!! I'll be there.....no seriously I'm going YAY

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            I don't know, suse, some people pay good money for that kind of thing.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            It is amazing isn't it?! She has such an expressive face/eyes, no need for words to express a lot. Chris has the same amazing talent.

That's half the fun! Ya just never know what cool things you might discover.

Oops! Ouch. Darn it, I slid right into the gutter again. Good thing there were people here to break my fall.
            Yes the gutter......my home....everytime i try to leave I get pushed right back in.....TRACY!!!!!! *glares at Tracy and shake head*

Speaking of RepliCarter..... I liked it that Amanda played her. She had official permission to be a NAUGHTY girl . (Yes I consider fooling husband on saying your tired, and then hold him by his arm, trow him on the bed and start to tickle him as naughty (I'd like that cause I can't control myself when somebod tickles me, I start to laugh and beg to stop ) Naughty as in a normal way, but at any AT Convention everyone had their naughty moment I guess. Wish I could SEE you, my Samandan friends, OK chatting is nice too just.... the fun will be 10 times bigger

Speaking of Replicarter..... How is it with "our" Replicarter, RC'tje? Is she OK?

Talkin' about LTNS Samandans, I remember there's a ChopinGal here somewhere? How is she? Wasn't she the one with the nice poems?
            Yeah havent seen Eve in a while, anyone know if shes ok?

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Mom used to give me ginger ale when I had an upset stomach. That or 7UP.

I thought Diet Coke tasted better in England than at home. And I got some great chocolate.

I've always loved the word "quash." (jckfan--wordnerd)
            Yeah Ginger ale is good for upset stomachs, used to get it when I had car sickness, well ginger ale or some other type of ginger thing, ginger is good for upset stomachs...
            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Spoiler:
              Um...heh...*whistles*
              Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
              *blinks*

Was that a question of some sort? LOL Not sure what picture that was, though I can guess.
              This pic, and btw, I fixed it up there ^ as well-

Spoiler:

Um...heh...*whistles*
              Last edited by Rocky89; 12 August 2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Thanx, ParadoxRealities. I think I tried Mountain Dew in Egypt. Too bad I can't find it here. Diffrence from US / Canada? I think couch / Chesterfield.
                I can only think of that example in speech. Why oh Why don't I have a Canadian GF (as in BF-GF I have a GF in Canada, but ya knew this) so I could help you more.

Diffrence between Belgium - US. We're smaller in seize. Churches ain't as full as in the US. NO Mountain Dew I think? More Political Parties than in the US.
                Social Security is better arranged (I think or conclude that). Radio Stations have names instead of 4 letters... Diffrent Timezone.... Nope that's all I can tell you on this moment.
                The main difference between US and Canada is the way words/letters are pronounced. Not too many terms that are different. Only thing I can think of is Canada says "in hospital", US says "in the hospital". Canada says "at university", US says "in college".

US could definitely do with more political parties and better Social Security.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                quash means to squash, put an end to, stop.

ginger ale is, well ginger ale. pale colored, slightly 'not sweet' soda

mountain dew is made by the Pepsi company and it's a citrusy soda imbued with caffeine...usually it's the dark colas that have caffeine and the clear ones that don't, but Dew has caffeine in it
                Quash is actually a legal term. Most legal terms don't usually sound so cool.

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                Dew has caffeine? Humph. Never knew that..... *shrug* Thanks Sky!
                Dew actually has more caffeine than Coke and Pepsi. I think the only thing with more caffeine is Jolt cola, which purposely has more.

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                Apparently the humor in general is different. Canadians like dry humor, I think? Personally, I do as well, and there are quite a few other US-ians that do as well. But I don't argue.
                I think the differences in American/Canadian/British humor is becoming less and less. And some things are universal. I've seen German films, Japanese films and others that I certainly found humorous. Generally, I think we all find humor in many of the same things. Falling down is universally funny. (As long as no one gets hurt).
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  The main difference between US and Canada is the way words/letters are pronounced. Not too many terms that are different. Only thing I can think of is Canada says "in hospital", US says "in the hospital". Canada says "at university", US says "in college".

US could definitely do with more political parties and better Social Security.

Quash is actually a legal term. Most legal terms don't usually sound so cool.

Dew actually has more caffeine than Coke and Pepsi. I think the only thing with more caffeine is Jolt cola, which purposely has more.

I think the differences in American/Canadian/British humor is becoming less and less. And some things are universal. I've seen German films, Japanese films and others that I certainly found humorous. Generally, I think we all find humor in many of the same things. Falling down is universally funny. (As long as no one gets hurt).
                  Hahah I am learning so much it's great!

Seeing someone trip is officially the funniest thing in the world (given they remain unhurt). Yes I am strange and silly but it never fails to crack me up. Especially when the person who tripped does not find it the least bit hilarious and looks absolutely devastated...
                  sigpic

Comment

This pic, and btw, I fixed it up there ^ as well-

Spoiler:

Um...heh...*whistles*
                    Ah yes...exactly the one I remembered.

HEH.
                    Jenni

Comment

Ah yes...exactly the one I remembered.

HEH.
                      Ahem.

Whenever my brother comes to visit, and we watch Stargate SG-1, my brother likes to count the times he can see someone (on screen) sneaking a peek at Sam's posterior.

Some episodes have a really high count, especially those eps when SG1 is wearing the desert camo unis (especially The Other Guys).

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        Ahem.

Whenever my brother comes to visit, and we watch Stargate SG-1, my brother likes to count the times he can see someone (on screen) sneaking a peek at Sam's posterior.

Some episodes have a really high count, especially those eps when SG1 is wearing the desert camo unis (especially The Other Guys).
                        What a hoot! I never thought of that. I may have to go back through and start a count of my own, just for curiosity. Anybody know how many times anyone looks at Jack's posterior? Ooops! That's probably for another thread.

Comment

I can only think of that example in speech. Why oh Why don't I have a Canadian GF (as in BF-GF I have a GF in Canada, but ya knew this) so I could help you more.

Diffrence between Belgium - US. We're smaller in seize. Churches ain't as full as in the US. NO Mountain Dew I think? More Political Parties than in the US.
                          Social Security is better arranged (I think or conclude that). Radio Stations have names instead of 4 letters... Diffrent Timezone.... Nope that's all I can tell you on this moment.
                          Your chocolate rocks!
                          My ex-bf said your trapist beer is one of the best too.

In my hometown we used to have Belgian troops stationed and because of that they broadcasted BRT1 where I live (up until a couple of years ago).
                          Now, the Belgians as the Dutch don't dub TV shows and movies.
                          Watching Buck Rogers, Hotel, Neighbours and I don't know how many movies on BRT1 improved my English more than 6 years in school did.

THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                            Ahem.

LOL!

And that would be because DesertCammo!Sam ROCKS!

Jenni

Comment

LOL!

And that would be because DesertCammo!Sam ROCKS!

Here's a link to a photo at Jackfic.net:

http://www.jackfic.net/gallery/displ...973&fullsize=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                                And then I'll be double posting on the Pro Pete Shanahan thread. I didn't like the guy that much at first, but all the pure hate has me batting on his side.
                                Same here! Sam dumped him in the end, so I'm cool with him.

Hi guys . I need a little help, mainly from those who know how to make YT vids. I want to make my first ever Amanda YT vid, but I don't know how So I need some coaching on how to make them, and I know some people here know how to because I've seen some of there awesome vids . So can you guys PM me to help me get started? Thanks
                                He Rocky, our very own Eve wrote about how to make music vids and I have saved the link.

Speaking about Eve ... I haven't heard from her in a while, I know she had some personal stuff happening which .... keeps her busy (all good though).

Sally: here it is spoilered for size

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X