X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Speaking of customer service...

Spoiler:
    We have some blank sheets up around the place for us to write our thoughts down for the team that looks at our organization's values. The question this month is "What does client focus look like to you?"

Someone has drawn the sun, and magnifying glass and some stick fugures being burned. Heh, clients let me focus on you...
    Excellent.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      I just read on Morjana's blog that Amanda will be headlining two Creation Cons in 2009. Click on the link for more info.
      "all-time favorite sci-fi star AMANDA TAPPING" Tee Hee

What does headlining mean? That she's the most important guest?

And how do these big conventions work? There are lots of guests, and everyone has a bit of Q&A time? And if you go get an autograph or something you miss something else?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        And to Chelle db who commented about Landry's crack about Sam and Orlin in "The Fourth Horseman" (at least I think that's the episode), I agree. I thought that was completely out of line, uncalled for, in poor taste, etc. Sam and Orlin were not "intimate" in "Ascension" as far as I was concerned. They shared energy, but did not go any further than that. I can't see Sam doing anything of the sort in that kind of situation, even if Orlin did stay in her house for the duration of that episode. Perhaps the writer of the episode thought they were being clever or something, but I thought it was just plain insulting to Sam.
        Maybe she did and maybe she didn't, but even if she did, so what. Orlin was an adult male at the time, he was cute and available and he really, really liked Sam. If they shared more than just "glowy energy", whose business is it anyway. It would have been perfectly legit, and Landry and Lam were out of line to bring it up and comment on it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
          Yes! I totally agree, that scene is so flipping annoying...there should have been a better way of showing how young Jack was still Jack without needing to undermine Sam's authority. You shouldn't need to make one character look bad to make another look good (unless they're a bad guy )
          I agree totally about that scene. And the one where Sam tells the guard to let mini-Jack into the training session, and Jack ignores Sam and then takes over the session. And what's worse is that the pilots accept him as "real Jack" almost immediately. His comment about "it may not say 'Colonel' ... " on his clothing, and they sit up and all but salute him. Mini-Jack (in spite of what he was going through) was just as disrespectful to Sam, and that always bugged me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            Morjana posted on the Sanctuary thread...http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4954

We now have an actual date for the 2 hour premiere of Sanctuary on the SciFi channel in the US...
            Friday, October 3!! Stargate Atlantis ends it's mid season final the week before. So interesting time slot. LOST is also supposed to be air on the SciFi channel in the fall. Just wondering what other shows will air before or after it.
            Thanks for the info. I hope the Canadian airing will be shortly thereafter.

I just read on Morjana's blog that Amanda will be headlining two Creation Cons in 2009. Click on the link for more info.
            Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            Creation sent out an email announcement today. I had the email in my inbox when I got home this evening. You can go to their web site for details

AMANDA TAPPING
            STARGATE: ATLANTIS & SG-1’s Lt. Col. Samantha Carter; SANCTUARY’s Dr. Helen Magnus. We are absolutely thrilled to welcome Amanda back to our events after a long absence!

Grandslam Link

Stargate Vancouver Con Link
            Thanks for the info. Now that I am a bit of a con-vert to the whole convention thing (having had a great time at AT3) I'm considering going to the Vancouver con. Even though Canada is big it is WAY closer than London! I know it will not be as good as a GABIT event (as I was advised by many at AT3) but would like to hear of anyone's previous experience with this event.

If other tickets are offered (other than gold) what would be the price of same?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Of course in the military, subordinates are required to show respect even if they don't feel it--Well, you could tell Sam was holding herself carefully in check in Chain Reaction when Bauer was being an idiot. I could see her going back to her lab and ranting if she couldn't change their minds.

I think Sam would certainly has developed a calm authority that would get results. For example, in ATlantis, she handled Ronan well in her first ep, I thought.

One of the reasons I can't watch Fragile Balance is the disrespect to a senior officer. The captain? was clearly disrespectful to Major Carter in the briefing scene and CArter basically let it go. The writers were setting things up for teen-O'Neill to come in, but they did it at the expense of Carter. I'm sure they thought it was funny. I was not amused. IMHO she should have slapped him down--calmly, but effectively.
              I totally agree (no surprise there ). It seems to me that there were several instances in later years where they insulted Sam in order to make a joke or set something up.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              So I got this email the other day and I have thus far shared it with a few friends...but I wanted to share it here as well...because it's just...nice.

"Recently I overheard a mother & daughter in their last moments together at the airport. They had announced the departure.
              Standing near the security gate, they hugged & the mother said, 'I love you, & I wish you enough.'
              The daughter replied, 'Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom.'
              They kissed & the daughter left. The mother walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see she wanted & needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy, but she welcomed me in by asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?'
              'Yes, I have,' I replied. 'Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?'.
              'I am old, & she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead & the reality is - the next trip back will be for my funeral,' she said.
              'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough.' May I ask what that means?'
              She began to smile. 'That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone.' She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, & she smiled even more. 'When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them.' Then turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
              I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
              I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive & everlasting.
              I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
              I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
              I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
              I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

She then began to cry & walked away.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them; but then an entire life to forget them.

TAKE TIME TO LIVE... ..

To all my friends & loved ones, I WISH YOU ENOUGH."

Now I know to some it might seem mushy and what not but I just had to post it here. As I said earlier, I had sent it to some friends already and I got an email from one of my friends who signed her email off with "I wish you enough"
              I think I want to make this a motto for me.
              Ok...so I'm going to go crack open a bottle of red and have a drink for Don and another drink for Deejay and one for everyone I know and don't know!
              And before you get any weird ideas that I'm some sort of drinker or what not...I have a drink of the good stuff once every two weeks...and that's only if I remember or if I have something to celebrate!

Good night all, take care, stay safe and have fun!
              I wish you all enough!
              (((Samandans)))
              That's sweet Chelle. The world would be a much better place if we were all happy with enough instead of always wanting more.

By the by, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL THE AMERICAN SAMANDANS! Go forth (pardon the pun) and enjoy but stop when you've had enough!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Morjana posted on the Sanctuary thread...http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4954

We now have an actual date for the 2 hour premiere of Sanctuary on the SciFi channel in the US...
                Friday, October 3!! Stargate Atlantis ends it's mid season final the week before. So interesting time slot. LOST is also supposed to be air on the SciFi channel in the fall. Just wondering what other shows will air before or after it.
                Wooohooo! I hope we find out other countries air dates soon too.
                Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                Creation sent out an email announcement today. I had the email in my inbox when I got home this evening. You can go to their web site for details

AMANDA TAPPING
                STARGATE: ATLANTIS & SG-1’s Lt. Col. Samantha Carter; SANCTUARY’s Dr. Helen Magnus. We are absolutely thrilled to welcome Amanda back to our events after a long absence!

Grandslam Link

Stargate Vancouver Con Link
                Oh wow! Sometimes I hate living on the other side of the 'big pond'
                Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I agree totally about that scene. And the one where Sam tells the guard to let mini-Jack into the training session, and Jack ignores Sam and then takes over the session. And what's worse is that the pilots accept him as "real Jack" almost immediately. His comment about "it may not say 'Colonel' ... " on his clothing, and they sit up and all but salute him. Mini-Jack (in spite of what he was going through) was just as disrespectful to Sam, and that always bugged me, too.
                I totally agree, that scene really annoys me too.

And...

Happy 4th Of July To All American Samandns!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

For Canadian viewers, apparently The Movie Network and Movie Central will simulcast Sanctuary with SciFi.

Comment on the customer service discussion, politeness needs to go both ways. I was in line at the bookstore while the customer in front of me was on his cellphone. Talked on his cell the whole time he was paying for his purchase (trust me, not an important call) and did not even acknowledge the poor clerk. Extremely rude.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    One of the reasons I can't watch Fragile Balance is the disrespect to a senior officer. The captain? was clearly disrespectful to Major Carter in the briefing scene and CArter basically let it go. The writers were setting things up for teen-O'Neill to come in, but they did it at the expense of Carter. I'm sure they thought it was funny. I was not amused. IMHO she should have slapped him down--calmly, but effectively.
                    At Jack's expense too, even if he was a clone. I wouldn't call it a good reflection on him that he would basically back the hecklers up by giving them exactly what they wanted, effectively telling them that it was okay for them to complain and to disrespect Sam like that.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      At Jack's expense too, even if he was a clone. I wouldn't call it a good reflection on him that he would basically back the hecklers up by giving them exactly what they wanted, effectively telling them that it was okay for them to complain and to disrespect Sam like that.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Squeeeeee!!!

Orange in honor of Amanda!!

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          For Canadian viewers, apparently The Movie Network and Movie Central will simulcast Sanctuary with SciFi.

Comment on the customer service discussion, politeness needs to go both ways. I was in line at the bookstore while the customer in front of me was on his cellphone. Talked on his cell the whole time he was paying for his purchase (trust me, not an important call) and did not even acknowledge the poor clerk. Extremely rude.
                          I sometimes want to inform people I'm not a 'self-service checkout'.

Instead, I interrupt them to tell them about our savings card.

suse
                          Last edited by suse; 04 July 2008, 02:50 PM. Reason: :( What is it with thinking one word and *typing* an unrelated one???
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I have another question about the Creation cons. Do they involve charity auctions or is that something unique to the GABIT events?

Comment

NEW behind-the-scenes photo from Continuum (from MGM Stargate):

Spoiler:

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                                NEW behind-the-scenes photo from Continuum (from MGM Stargate):

Spoiler:

Thanks for the pic. Love those guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X