Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    You mean you don't have an entourage of stylists and make up artists?
    Why yes. Who doesn't!
    sigpic

Comment

Erm....I don't......have I been short changed....is this what my taxes are going towards....who do I complain to?
      sigpic

Comment

You mean you don't have an entourage of stylists and make up artists?
        Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
        Why yes. Who doesn't!
        Well...I don't anymore...had to give something up and seeings how nothing could make me look good, I thought it was a waste of my money!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So I got this email the other day and I have thus far shared it with a few friends...but I wanted to share it here as well...because it's just...nice.

"Recently I overheard a mother & daughter in their last moments together at the airport. They had announced the departure.
          Standing near the security gate, they hugged & the mother said, 'I love you, & I wish you enough.'
          The daughter replied, 'Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom.'
          They kissed & the daughter left. The mother walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see she wanted & needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy, but she welcomed me in by asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?'
          'Yes, I have,' I replied. 'Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?'.
          'I am old, & she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead & the reality is - the next trip back will be for my funeral,' she said.
          'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough.' May I ask what that means?'
          She began to smile. 'That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone.' She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, & she smiled even more. 'When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them.' Then turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
          I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
          I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive & everlasting.
          I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
          I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
          I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
          I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

She then began to cry & walked away.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them; but then an entire life to forget them.

TAKE TIME TO LIVE... ..

To all my friends & loved ones, I WISH YOU ENOUGH."

Now I know to some it might seem mushy and what not but I just had to post it here. As I said earlier, I had sent it to some friends already and I got an email from one of my friends who signed her email off with "I wish you enough"
          I think I want to make this a motto for me.
          Ok...so I'm going to go crack open a bottle of red and have a drink for Don and another drink for Deejay and one for everyone I know and don't know!
          And before you get any weird ideas that I'm some sort of drinker or what not...I have a drink of the good stuff once every two weeks...and that's only if I remember or if I have something to celebrate!

Good night all, take care, stay safe and have fun!
          I wish you all enough!
          (((Samandans)))
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
            Erm....I don't......have I been short changed....is this what my taxes are going towards....who do I complain to?
            Not me! I've been complained at enough today already. I seem to have had and endless number of people today who seem to think I am responsible for a lot of things (like their benefits getting stopped, them not having any nappies for their children, the fact that they can't get their fifteen year old to listen to them and all sorts of other things.) But I would definately write a strongly worded letter to the government asking where your entourage is
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Not me! I've been complained at enough today already. I seem to have had and endless number of people today who seem to think I am responsible for a lot of things (like their benefits getting stopped, them not having any nappies for their children, the fact that they can't get their fifteen year old to listen to them and all sorts of other things.) But I would definately write a strongly worded letter to the government asking where your entourage is
              Gah *hugs* You do a great job.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Poor you! I honestly don't think I could work with people like that, I'd end up wanting to slap them.
                sigpic

Comment

Working with the general public in some form or another plain sucks, doesn't it? At least the people you deal with have real problems, although there is no way they should be taking it out on you. Mine
                  Spoiler:
                  throw hissy fits because we don't stock a book, or because we won't let them have a refund without the receipt (because most people who try that have usually stolen the item earlier on it the day), because someone made an error and priced something wrong, or it came in at an old price (funny how they don't complain if it comes up cheaper, when according to them the label price is the *only* one that matters)...and sometimes its all, so, so awful they have to eff and blind at me, or a man twice my size has to intimidate me by shouting and looming.

The nice, considerate customers make up for somewhat. The reason for their niceness is usually that they were bought up properly with manners, don't have an entitlement complex, don't have a superiority-born-out-of-feeling-inferior complex and often have worked in retail or the public sector. Surprise there

Yeah. Where's my entourage?
                  sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Poor you! I honestly don't think I could work with people like that, I'd end up wanting to slap them.
                    Knowing that you'll get instantly sacked and that's its all you fault and not theirs (obviously) is the only thing that stops you sometimes. Barely. I usually play the "I'm the perfect employee who never puts a foot wrong" card, which throws them. They can't pick a fight that way, or moan about you properly afterwards. Thwarted
                    sigpic

Comment

Tit, I'm sure you deal with more than your share of Mental Health clients too, right? They can be really fun, or can make me want to tear my hair out.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                        Knowing that you'll get instantly sacked and that's its all you fault and not theirs (obviously) is the only thing that stops you sometimes. Barely. I usually play the "I'm the perfect employee who never puts a foot wrong" card, which throws them. They can't pick a fight that way, or moan about you properly afterwards. Thwarted
                        When people are being rude to me I just get ultra polite "Yes SIR" "Thank you SIR".
                        sigpic

Comment

Hehe...Fic idea...five times Sam wanted to slap a senior officer...I might never write it but it has made me smile already.

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                          Working with the general public in some form or another plain sucks, doesn't it? At least the people you deal with have real problems, although there is no way they should be taking it out on you. Mine
                          Spoiler:
                          throw hissy fits because we don't stock a book, or because we won't let them have a refund without the receipt (because most people who try that have usually stolen the item earlier on it the day), because someone made an error and priced something wrong, or it came in at an old price (funny how they don't complain if it comes up cheaper, when according to them the label price is the *only* one that matters)...and sometimes its all, so, so awful they have to eff and blind at me, or a man twice my size has to intimidate me by shouting and looming.

The nice, considerate customers make up for somewhat. The reason for their niceness is usually that they were bought up properly with manners, don't have an entitlement complex, don't have a superiority-born-out-of-feeling-inferior complex and often have worked in retail or the public sector. Surprise there

Yeah. Where's my entourage?
                          The general public do my tree in...I work in the ski industry for the other half of the year to this one and it sounds insane, but I swear that arrogant skiiers are harder to deal with than the people I get during the summer and thats saying something...especially given that I worked with young offenders last summer I think it's an expectations thing. I expect a seventeen year old convicted of GBH to have problems controlling his temper, I don't expect someone on their third skiing holiday that winter to.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Tit, I'm sure you deal with more than your share of Mental Health clients too, right? They can be really fun, or can make me want to tear my hair out.
                          Mental health are some of the *really* entertaining ones lol.

When people are being rude to me I just get ultra polite "Yes SIR" "Thank you SIR".
                          Heehee...my co-workers can always tell when someone has pissed me off because I move into ultra polite mode. It can be so offensive yet so hard to complain about.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hehe...Fic idea...five times Sam wanted to slap a senior officer...I might never write it but it has made me smile already.
                            Do it

The general public do my tree in...I work in the ski industry for the other half of the year to this one and it sounds insane, but I swear that arrogant skiiers are harder to deal with than the people I get during the summer and thats saying something...especially given that I worked with young offenders last summer I think it's an expectations thing. I expect a seventeen year old convicted of GBH to have problems controlling his temper, I don't expect someone on their third skiing holiday that winter to.
                            I've always suspected its a superiority thing. An easy way to make yourself feel better- smarter, more 'macho', etc- is to put down other people. And when those kind of people find themselves in a situation where the person is providing a service for them, and can't talk back, or complain...they take advantage. I look at a middle-aged man when he's having a serious go at me for nothing in particular and think, "OK, you have a lousy commute, you don't think you're paid enough, your kids don't listen and your wife wishes she could sleep in a different bed." It makes it so much more entertaining...
                            Mental health are some of the *really* entertaining ones lol.
                            Not when they have an arm obsession and have to grab and stroke one of your's, they're not *shudder* Why don't I get the ones who are still relatively lucid? I like them. Although since the refit, we've had less people coming in to lick books/physically molest me/scream at me that we're all damned because too many girls wear short skirts, etc. We look too shiny, it seems

Heehee...my co-workers can always tell when someone has pissed me off because I move into ultra polite mode. It can be so offensive yet so hard to complain about.
                            Its also an awesome way to combat a condescending manner. I combine politeness and faked happiness to give people information, when they thought I wouldn't know about it because I'm young, female, dress OK and work in a shop and therefore I haz the dumb. Erm, nope
                            sigpic

Comment

"So you're complaining because she called you Sir and asked how she could help you, what would you like me to ask her to say instead?"
                              sigpic

Comment

"So you're complaining because she called you Sir and asked how she could help you, what would you like me to ask her to say instead?"
                                The first thing that came into my head was "bite me".

Whoops
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X