Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Question. How many of you lolcats are going to get into Stargate Worlds when it's released? It won't be out for a while of course, but it might be nice to see who's interested in playing so we can all get on the same server together and pwn it up.
    I have no idea what it is lol.

pwn it up?? Hehe .... nevermind.
    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday LilFerret!!!! Have a fantastic day!!!!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Yep. I just call 'em.. and they come to me...

It's not as if I go hunting for random penguin stuff to spam the thread with. Never.
          I swear I've had that dream...

Also I googled my name earlier in images (like you do) and got pictures of your cleavage...I just thought you should know that.

And...

Happy Birthday LilFerret!

I hope you have a fantastic day and all your birthday wishes come true.
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Question. How many of you lolcats are going to get into Stargate Worlds when it's released? It won't be out for a while of course, but it might be nice to see who's interested in playing so we can all get on the same server together and pwn it up.
            I'm more of a cluelesscat than a lolcat so I will not.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            They do auctions for charity every con, every year. The year my aunt passed away I asked if they would consider changing the charity they usually do auctions for and do it for Breast Cancer (Susan G. Koman) charity/s. They did. I don't think they will always be so willing to do that, but Alan had a loved one die from it as well and was all too willing to do it.

I think their usual charity is a kids college tuition thing. I can't remember the name of it.
            Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            It's not unique to GABIT, but you will find that fan run cons usually support charities. Gatecon's preferred charity is Make a Wish. This year Seashepherd will be benefiting too.

As far as I know, Creation do not do auctions for charity. They do auction stuff, but I don't know who benefits... Anybody else care to say? I have only been to one Creation con and was not impressed. Not for me to pass comment. I'll leave that to others.

Mumsey.
            Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            Not like the one run at GABIT cons no. They usually have several auctions during a weekend con and with some of the items the money will go to charity. Often at the breakfast on Sunday's at their cons that will have a silent auction for charity.
            Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            At the creation cons, at least in Chicago, they have the autograph tables set up in the main room, so if there are other things going on on the stage (usually costume contests or something) then you can still see what is happening. The only time I ever saw anybody having to stand in line for an autograph while a guest was on stage was the first year when Amanda, Michael and Chris were there. EVERYBODY was getting autographs and photos and the con was twice the size it has been any of the years since. Autographs and photo sessions are scheduled between the guests on stage. And yes, everyone does a Q&A session, and autograph session and a photo session. Then they have special events, dessert party, breakfast, etc where the guests will visit the tables (you get a max of 3 minutes with each person at each table)

Tsax is correct. The silent auction at the breakfast is for charity. In Chicago it is always for Make-a-Wish. They usually have an auction on Saturday as well, but it's just an auction for them to make more money. They auction off the banners and such.
            Originally posted by LilFerret View Post

Creation usually does Make A Wish.

Thanks for the info. I'm a bit undecided whether to go. I've heard good and bad things and know it will not be as wonderful as a GABIT event but I've got a bit of the con-tagion and it is an opportuntiy to see Amanda again as well as other Stargate actors. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

Also I googled my name earlier in images (like you do) and got pictures of your cleavage...I just thought you should know that.

I'm speechless. Though I am sure this is good for my career, why is my chest under your name? Hmm perhaps you'd better PM with that one lol.
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Lilferret!
                Hope you have a fantastic day of fun and spoiling.

Comment

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/PengYn/amanda%20tapping/5e874435.jpg

I'm speechless. Though I am sure this is good for my career, why is my chest under your name? Hmm perhaps you'd better PM with that one lol.
                  hahahahahahah ROFL hahahahahahah
                  sigpic

Comment

In response to the earlier question: Something along the lines of how would Sam react if there was no hope/in a situation alone and helpless.

As a pilot, Sam would have been through some type SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape) training. I would guess this course would be adapted for all SGC personnel. She would never have been 'helpless' because of this prior training, she may have been in a situation where she was injured or had the odds stacked way high against her (Death Knell). But, as part of all military training, personnel are trained to compartmentalize the flight or fight reaction to fear and to carry out their mission, which becomes to survive, evade, resist and escape. When the Kull Warrior came up out of the sand in Death Knell, I saw resignation in Sam. But, I didn't see her loose her fighting spirit. She knew she couldn't evade or resist any longer and was looking for a way to escape. Thank God for T!

I would say Sam would react calmly during the situation, and that any emotional reaction would come long after the actual incident, if at all. People who 'spaz' out in tense situations aren't allowed on the front lines. And then, she's been trained to handle any emotional fallout and has a good support crew around her to help her handle anything she can't on her own. But, I would say it would take something like the loss of a teammate before she couldn't handle it on her own (Heros). People usually react to danger to others more than they react to danger to themselves.

For any situation where she was in danger herself, I don't think she would think a second time about it after writing her report up. Risk is just part of her job and she long ago made the decision she was willing to risk her life to be in the Air Force and on a front line unit in the SGC. If you spend time worrying about losing your life you are taking up precious time and energy to actually save your life. Besides, with SG1's operational tempo, there wasn't time to sit and wallow or sulk about the past, too much was happening next.

Comment

Interesting post hisg1fans!!

I made more icons for The Ultimate Sanctuary Icon Challenge. Webisode 4, I'll post the Helen icons here

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

11. 12.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                        The movie isn't even out until July 29th....???? I'm confused. How can you talk about it seeing a movie if it's not out for 3 more weeks???
                        Because some unspeakable creep has leaked it - again! It makes me so mad that people will do that. It's so dishonest.

Mumsey
                        Steamin' mad
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Shame on them.....If they did that, they certainly shouldn't be blabbing about it IMO...
                          Here - here!

Mumsey
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/PengYn/amanda%20tapping/5e874435.jpg

I really don't know but it's there.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            Interesting post hisg1fans!!

I made more icons for The Ultimate Sanctuary Icon Challenge. Webisode 4, I'll post the Helen icons here
                            preety pretty icons! You've done another good job Lies and thank you for sharing.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Thanks for the info. I'm a bit undecided whether to go. I've heard good and bad things and know it will not be as wonderful as a GABIT event but I've got a bit of the con-tagion and it is an opportuntiy to see Amanda again as well as other Stargate actors. Decisions, decisions.
                              Having attended many, many Farscape cons run by Creation, I can say this...if you do go, go with the mind set to have fun, period. Yes it is expensive, but if you can afford it and want to do it, go for it. I attended the Vancouver SG1/SGA con in 2006 and had a total blast. I went because Amanda was there (that was the main highlight of the weekend for me) but the rest of the guests were just fabulous and it was a lot of fun to meet up with some Gaters I'd wanted to meet.

Is Creation perfect? No they are not, but over the years, Alan and Gary (especially Alan) have learned that if they keep themselves open to the fans and actually try to implement suggestions by fans, the cons run a lot better than they had been running.

Alan & Gary started Creation year ago. It's a business and as such they have to turn a profit so they do run most of their auctions to that end, but they do raise a LOT of money for charity as well.

Sometimes the volunteers they get to help with the cons, let that little bit of power go to their heads and can/have been rude to fans. If that happens, let Alan, Gary, or any other paid Creation employee know. They need to know stuff like that, as well as stuff like how much you enjoyed the con.

If you go and go with the mind set that they (Creation and the guests) owe you, do your fellow fans a favor and stay home and don't spend your money. I really dislike fans like that at cons. I stay far, far away from them and enjoy myself and hanging out with fellow like minded fans.

I'm planning on attending the Grand Slam, for whatever day Amanda will be there. I don't live that far and can drive up for the day and then home at the end and not have to spend money on hotel bills.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Happy
                                Birthday LilFerret!
                                Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                                Happy Birthday lilferret!!!
                                Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                                Happy Birthday lilferret!
                                And many more!
                                Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Happy Birthday!
                                Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILFERRET hope you're having a wonderful day !!!!
                                Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Ditto, Happy Birthday LilFerret!!
                                Originally posted by sofie View Post
                                Happy Birthday LilFerret!!!! Have a fantastic day!!!!

I hope you have a fantastic day and all your birthday wishes come true.
                                Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Happy Birthday Lilferret!
                                Hope you have a fantastic day of fun and spoiling.
                                Thank you SO much, everyone. I am full of cherry cheesecake, and Jack is staring down at me from his box on the wall...very jealous...and I DO believe there might be drool...

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                I figured I wouldn't have the money...but seeing as how I will be in the area ANYway...I might be going. *does backflips* Butt Shhhh...tis a secret... *eyebrow*

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                Because some unspeakable creep has leaked it - again! It makes me so mad that people will do that. It's so dishonest.

Mumsey
                                Steamin' mad
                                *hugs* I feel the same way, Mumsey. Believe me.
                                Jenni

Comment

Working...
                                X