X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    whistles innocently
    <<points and laughs>>

Innocent? Sky? HA! That's about as likely as Jan or Mandy being innocent...

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Please keep scifithinker in your thoughts and prayers. She had to go to the hospital today and they admitted her to check something out.

They aren't thinking super serious but it's enough for her to stay the night for a looksee tomorrow.

My second or third comment when I spoke to her: "Thank God this didn't happen 2 weeks ago. (We were in London.)

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
        I like mine a little al dente.....

*adds angel hair pasta to shopping list for Strix whumping experiment....*
        Forget whumping Strix! Force Strix to whump Sam for our reading pleasure! <taps foot...>

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          11. Take an F-16 up for a joy ride with a friend to blow off some steam

Spoiler:

thanks Morjana for the pic and Jan for bringing it to my attention. LOVE the photo!!
          [delurk]

Well she can't go flying alone she might need a Fighter Wing to have her back! So I borrowed a few of these from my local airbase shhhh don't tell anyone one!

Saddle up Samandans! Light the tires and kick the fires....not quite right but none the less I just want to grab a stick and take off.

Spoiler:

Those big things underneth aren't bombs they are fuel tanks I am talking about the jets.. not the... I am going to stop now.
          Last edited by kir_fect; 19 May 2008, 08:13 PM.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

LOL! The penguin seemed most effective....

If anything event-attendees should try for the cocktail party, but not to see Amanda, but to see the looks of sheer frustration that Julia has after she's done her darnedest to look at her watch, nod at the next table, scoot closer to the guest of honor to clear her throat..... and for the guest of honor's reponses back to Julia.......... although this year Julia's look of the evening seemed to be more one of sheer resignation. *coughs* Although it might be that I was at the second table Amanda visited instead of second to last like the time before.... (((Julia)))
            By they time she got to my table (somewhere near the middle) Julia was taking AT's wine away from her to get her to move to the next table.

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              GW is really acting up tonight and I got bored

Spoiler:

LOL! Perfect!

Originally posted by suse View Post
              Please keep scifithinker in your thoughts and prayers. She had to go to the hospital today and they admitted her to check something out.

They aren't thinking super serious but it's enough for her to stay the night for a looksee tomorrow.

My second or third comment when I spoke to her: "Thank God this didn't happen 2 weeks ago. (We were in London.)

suse
              I hope everything is ok and I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
              (((scifithinker)))

Originally Posted by hisg1fans View Post
              I've had a very, very stressful two weeks and have finally flipped over the edge. What do you think Sam does when she flips over the edge?

1) Goes to the gym to spar with Teal'c, and takes him down
              2) Grabs a second blue jello at lunch
              3) Calls her brother to hear him complain how ornery the kids have been lately
              4) Gets permission to go see her Dad off-world
              5) Hides things in Daniel's office, then watches him try to find them on the security camera
              6) Goes looking for Jack so she can listen to his jokes.
              7) Takes extra P90 practice.
              8). I say she hunts Jack down on base and corners him to explain wormhole theory to him without the use of any food items whatsoever and watches his confused expression grow while quietly snickering under her breath the whole time before heading up to the surface, jumping on her Indian and heading out for a wild ride up into the mountains as fast as she can go.
              9) ... #7 and then a damn good work out at her gym --- lots of punching the bag. Post S-9.... gym and then maybe go running with Cameron and outrun the poor guy.
              10) Works on that pesky science problem that she never can quite solve, but the output of energy loosens her tension (with a little bit of 7 if it's really bad).
              11. Take an F-16 up for a joy ride with a friend to blow off some steam
              12. Putter in her lab and/or come up with The Theory of Everything.
              13. Tinker with her Indian, then RIDE like the wind.
              14. Watch Star Wars with Teal'c - seeing him so happy makes her happy.
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

no. we're not attending the con as samandans....although the G4 certainly know us
                we're all attending the con as singular people. And, since it wouldn't be fair to get an extra photo (such as your attendee photo AND a samanda photo) about the only way there could be a samanda and amanda photo is if folks chose to give up their attendee photo with amanda in exchange for a group photo, and if John & co agreed to let that happen.
                Now, since many samandans - that get charmed tickets - tend to sit at the same table, you can say that there are samanda/amanda photos at the cocktail party, in groups of 9.
                Once the G4 woudl start the whole 'extra group photo' then it'd surely get out of hand as every other group of fans demanded their extra photo and it'd just spiral out of control. and it certainly wouldn't be fair to all those attendees that aren't part of a group.
                Oh...bummer...but I can understand why it's not possible...so another quick question....do the Samandans get together and have a group photo done?? I would love to take home with me the best souvenir a girl could want...a picture of the most fabulous people on the planet...is that too much to ask for???
                Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                And yes, Sky, we do know where every Samandan is, both seated and when they are coming through the lines! LOL!
                Julia
                G4
                Ok...that sounds kinda scary...lucky for me you don't know me...yet!!!
                Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                Don't know why one would think one needs to keep an eye on us.
                Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                *Gulp*
                Yea, what PengYn said
                Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Yes *blinks innocently*
                Julia(samcarterrules)
                Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                LOL! I don't think you have anyone fooled with the angel bit.
                I could almost buy the whole angel bit from Julia...am in two minds with PengYn but Mandy....c'mon honey...no sweet little angel pic can fool anyone!!!
                i fifth that. we're little angels, i tell you, little angels
                Ok...now I really am laughing...and choking...it's hard to laugh and cough your lungs up at the same time!!!
                Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                No need to bring them across the pond dear friends... I cn assure you I am now in posession of an orange ended and a purple ended baton.... these will be stored carefully in the for the next convention box...

[evil laugh]
                Hugs
                becks
                Just to clarify things...a baton...is that the same as a rod they use in calisthenics?? I'm thinking maybe I could get my sister in law to teach me how to twirl the rod and maybe we could do a record breaking thingy at AT4....just thinking is all!
                Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                I can't do any of Mary Poppins (virulent allergy to Disney) but I can do Rocky Horror, word for word, both libretto and script (why is no one surprised by this?).
                Has anyone asked Amanda which musicals she'd like to appear in? With her gift for comedy, I could see her as Janet. Mmm, Amanda as Janet, would pay good money to see that.

FF
                ...I wuld love to see Amanda play Janet in RH...and Michael Shanks as Frankenfurter!!!...I have no idea where that came from!
                Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                GW is really acting up tonight and I got bored
                Spoiler:
                Oooh...sweet...GW should play up more!! *just joking...and choking!*
                Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                spray,splutter, cough! Why oh why do I forget & drink while on this thread?
                You should try reading this thread with a runny nose...not pretty!!!!
                Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                I hate to tell you this, Sky, but the angel routine does not go well with the wet noodle of doom.
                Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                Sure it does. It is called 'angel hair pasta'
                Oh good god...that is just too good...you're quick hisg1fans!!!
                Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                Really, am I the only person snickering quietly about the whole discussion regarding ways to get Amanda off?
                No...I love it...any more brilliant and funny ideas??
                Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                OK, I know. I need to be on topic. How about this......
                I've had a very, very stressful two weeks and have finally flipped over the edge. What do you think Sam does when she flips over the edge?

1) Goes to the gym to spar with Teal'c, and takes him down
                2) Grabs a second blue jello at lunch

3) Calls her brother to hear him complain how ornery the kids have been lately
                4) Gets permission to go see her Dad off-world
                5) Hides things in Daniel's office, then watches him try to find them on the security camera
                6) Goes looking for Jack so she can listen to his jokes.
                7) Takes extra P90 practice.
                8) Other.

I choose 7. It does a body good!!!!!
                I'm going with all the highlighted ones...Sam would go to the gym and knock poor old Teal'c out then head off to the commissary and have all the blue jelly/jello she can eat then head off to Daniels room and hide said things and then find Jack and drag him to the security camera office and they'd both watch Daniel search for his missing stuff while Teal'c is attended to by that nurse who likes to take his temperature...and Jack wouldn't tell her any jokes coz they'd be otherwise too pre occupied!! Then after a bit...she'd leave a snoring Jack in the security room and head off for some serious target practice with her P90 or her Carter special...and if she's still feeling pretty stressed, well I have an idea but that's staying here in my fron for now!!!!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                  I can't do any of Mary Poppins (virulent allergy to Disney) but I can do Rocky Horror, word for word, both libretto and script (why is no one surprised by this?).
                  Has anyone asked Amanda which musicals she'd like to appear in? With her gift for comedy, I could see her as Janet. Mmm, Amanda as Janet, would pay good money to see that.

FF
                  Gasp! "allergy to Disney"? Hmmmm

LOL. Haha Amanda as Janet in Rocky Horror would be incredible hahaha!! Or as Velma Kelly in Chicago! Hot!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                    But why would anyone want Amanda off the stage......besides Julia
                    Yeah! I say let the woman leave when she's good and ready!!! hehe!!!
                    it's not the cooked noodles you should worry about, but the 'raw' ones.
                    Oooh ouch!!!
                    oh yes, poor julia is entertainment all on her own. the frustration, the fluster, amanda knowing that there's a schedule but also knowing that, dude, whatcha gonna do??? fire her????
                    Oh yeah...I can see it now..."Amanda...you're fired!"...uh huh...that'd work!!
                    it's not the size of the pasta, but what you do with it
                    don't the raw ones break easier......
                    *waits for Shimmering to test the theory*
                    True... those wet ones can get awfully sticky and messy.
                    So it's not the size that matters but the raw hard ones break easily and the soft wet ones are sticky and messy...hmmm...what are we talking about again???
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

a lady never tells
                      So what's your excuse?
                      Hehe...I was gonna say "what's stopping you" but Jan beat me to it...sorry Sky.
                      whistles innocently
                      Yeah...still not buying the innocent routine!!
                      Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      By they time she got to my table (somewhere near the middle) Julia was taking AT's wine away from her to get her to move to the next table.
                      What table were you on??? 2?? I find it absolutely amusing that Amanda has to be dragged away...you gotta love her to pieces!!! I can't wait for AT4!!!
                      Better go get kids from school!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

suse

Sorry to hear about scifithinker. I hope she feels better soon. Will pray for her.

Comment

suse
                          Thank you suse for keeping us enlightened...I do hope and pray that scifithinker is ok.
                          (((scifithinker)))

I'm off for the night...take care all and have fun...gee it got quiet in here quick...I didn't scare ya all off now did I???
                          (((Samandans)))
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey Guys! i jsut brouthg the lastest TV Zone mag and it has this huuuuge section on stargate.. tehrs a interview with amanda i wanted to post this cute little bit of the interview.. its about Trio so in spoilers

Spoiler:

'We had to climb up onto the rafters of it, which, for me, is a big challenge because I'm terrified of heights. Of Course, my character is the only one who’s not supposed to be afraid. So there’s David and Jewel lolling about on theses rafters, and meanwhile I’m practically wetting my pants and trying to look confident. So it was a huge challenge for me, but I think in some ways I actually conquered my fear. I mean, we were in rigging and there were people on the roof of this structure holding us with ropes and pulleys, but nonetheless, if you’re afraid of heights, you’re afraid of heights. It was tough for me because I’m very proud, and I had a hard time not only with the fact that I was so obviously scared, but that I had to sort of show that to the crew and well as David and Jewel. At one point I actually froze up there. I turned to David and Jewel and said “I’m so scared right now I can’t move.” And I began to cry. One the camera’s started rolling, though I said to myself, ‘Ok, get over it, honey, and Just do your Job’. As the week progressed I got better up there and a little more confident. That felt so good because I was like “I’m actually doing this.’ I can’t tell you how much fun the three of us had working on this story. It could have been hellish to film with all the mitigating factors – the dirt, the gimballed set, the heights, the long days etc – but we just ended up laughing. It was like the early years of SG-1 in that regard. It’s funny, the episode I was dreading the most turned out to be my favourite of this year.”

We're proud of you too Amanda!
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                              Hey Guys! i jsut brouthg the lastest TV Zone mag and it has this huuuuge section on stargate.. tehrs a interview with amanda i wanted to post this cute little bit of the interview.. its about Trio so in spoilers

Spoiler:

'We had to climb up onto the rafters of it, which, for me, is a big challenge because I'm terrified of heights. Of Course, my character is the only one who’s not supposed to be afraid. So there’s David and Jewel lolling about on theses rafters, and meanwhile I’m practically wetting my pants and trying to look confident. So it was a huge challenge for me, but I think in some ways I actually conquered my fear. I mean, we were in rigging and there were people on the roof of this structure holding us with ropes and pulleys, but nonetheless, if you’re afraid of heights, you’re afraid of heights. It was tough for me because I’m very proud, and I had a hard time not only with the fact that I was so obviously scared, but that I had to sort of show that to the crew and well as David and Jewel. At one point I actually froze up there. I turned to David and Jewel and said “I’m so scared right now I can’t move.” And I began to cry. One the camera’s started rolling, though I said to myself, ‘Ok, get over it, honey, and Just do your Job’. As the week progressed I got better up there and a little more confident. That felt so good because I was like “I’m actually doing this.’ I can’t tell you how much fun the three of us had working on this story. It could have been hellish to film with all the mitigating factors – the dirt, the gimballed set, the heights, the long days etc – but we just ended up laughing. It was like the early years of SG-1 in that regard. It’s funny, the episode I was dreading the most turned out to be my favourite of this year.”

We're proud of you too Amanda!
                              Ok..I'm on my way out but I just had to say...the thought of Amanda being so frightened that she'd cry makes me sad for her...but I'm so glad she overcame that obstacle and went on to film the best ep of the season IMHO!!
                              She truly is so inspirational!
                              Thanks babe...I must go see if they have that mag at the local supermarket!
                              Night all...again!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Its a good read.. massive section its like 3/4th of the magizine lol
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X