Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
    I don't know where they would be flying from but I used Kayak.com. It searches all the airfare sites like expedia and priceline, etc and shows you the cheapest fairs from all of them. Just fyi.
    personally the cheapest US based site for transatlantic flights I've found has been cheapoair...cheaper than kayak and other similar sites for my Denver to Manchester. And UK based site either expedia or asda travel have been good to me for my Manchester to Denver ones.

And Happy Birthday Scifigirl! Hope you have a great day.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      Well, I'll be the one wearing the 'I <3 Amanda Tapping' t-shirt.

You all think I am joking

San Diego O.o

WHEN?!

Um... yes you might have heard of this little thing called Comic Con. ::Looks at her AOT DVD where a certain somebody is hiding in the special features. :: I wonder just who that might be hmmm.... I wonder

:: gets completely run over by the Samanda thread because she was standing still in the fast lane again:: Umph.

:: quickly gets up:: Quick quick do I still have my knee caps I think Ames is after them!

You all a bunch of insightfully bunch of silly fun. I still don't get the penquins and the polar bears. Can someone explain the nature of the penquin and polar bear fable.

Sanctuary Video by me
      Last edited by kir_fect; 25 March 2008, 05:27 PM.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Awesome vid Kir...... more please.

Oh and bonus points for making Mandy work to find out who sang the song.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
          You all a bunch of insightfully bunch of silly fun. I still don't get the penquins and the polar bears. Can someone explain the nature of the penquin and polar bear fable.
          Penguins are Sam/Jack shippers
          Polar Bears are not
          Opposite poles - both love AT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            I'm sorry, I was only joking, I didn't mean to cause offence

Julia(samcarterrules)
            I was being snarky. There was absolutely no offense to be taken from your joking around. I was rather enjoying the exchange myself.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Don't worry you didn't Polar Bears and Penguins get along fine on this thread, we even like to tease each other...PengYn we (Jan and I) like to tease a lot
            How could I possibly NOT work on being snarky with these folks around?

(((((Mandy and PengYn and Julia and jckfan and scifigirl since it's her birthday)))))
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

There's no chance I'm going to figure it out, so tell us, Kir. Pretty please.

One of the things I've really enjoyed about vids is getting to know new artists. I've discovered Delta Goodrem and Lene Marlin (thanks TJ) that way. This is a very good thing since music makes me happy.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                There's no chance I'm going to figure it out, so tell us, Kir. Pretty please.

One of the things I've really enjoyed about vids is getting to know new artists. I've discovered Delta Goodrem and Lene Marlin (thanks TJ) that way. This is a very good thing since music makes me happy.
                *psst...it's by a group singer named Plumb*

I do think Sam would like that song

ETA:More information about Plumb
                Spoiler:
                Here's a link with an interview the singer gave on CNN http://youtube.com/watch?v=q6uSsDmLa38

Warning: interview may contain topics which maybe upsetting but the artist is just trying to bring awareness to some issues so that hopefully it will bring about healing
                Last edited by Mandysg1; 25 March 2008, 06:25 PM.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Scifigirl!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    Celandine and others wondering about airfare... have you checked prices with companies like "Zoom"? They're low cost carriers that do transatlantic flights. We've recently been looking at San Diego this summer, and with summer on-peak prices I can still get a round trip including taxes for under $1000 (not bad when other airlines are quoting nearer $3000). Just a thought
                    Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                    I don't know where they would be flying from but I used Kayak.com. It searches all the airfare sites like expedia and priceline, etc and shows you the cheapest fairs from all of them. Just fyi.
                    Thanks for the help. I checked on the airfare and found one for around $260ish roundtrip. The hotel and ticket would be my only other cost and I checked on both of those already and surprisingly I found both not too costly. I'd love to personally meet Amanda so like I said I may be completely random and just jump a plane and meet you all there in London in May.

<snipped>
                    Sanctuary Video by me
                    Loved your vid Kir! It flowed very nicely and the song was absolutely perfect for it. Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Ok, having re-watched Line in the Sand and seeing the scene where Sam tells Mitchell about her personal file on her laptop---do you think she was giving up too soon or just being realistic due to the severity of her wound? In the commentary
                      Spoiler:
                      they say that there was another scene where she persuades Cam to show her the wound with a mirror. If that scene was in, I don't think I'd have the question.
                      Spoiler:
                      i don't think she was giving up too soon. i think, just like in 'metamorphosis' in s6, sam saw the reality of the situation. i also think both situations gave her 'time' to think about her upcoming death.

i wonder what soundtracks amanda likes? especially big orchestra-type soundtracks, like what john williams does. hmm, that just popped into my head.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I did something really wild and crazy. (I know what you are thinking "Kir..never") I put the name of the song who sings and what album it came from in the strangest of places

:: insert silly pausing face her::

at the begining. I KNOW! Crazy huh?

Because of the tone of the video and how I ended it I wasn't able to put what is my Sanctaury Vid trademark at the end. When Helen lifts her tea cup and says "Scone?"

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Penguins are Sam/Jack shippers
                          Polar Bears are not
                          Opposite poles - both love AT
                          But what if I like both Penguins AND Polar Bears?
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I did something really wild and crazy. (I know what you are thinking "Kir..never") I put the name of the song who sings and what album it came from in the strangest of places

:: insert silly pausing face her::

at the begining. I KNOW! Crazy huh?

Because of the tone of the video and how I ended it I wasn't able to put what is my Sanctaury Vid trademark at the end. When Helen lifts her tea cup and says "Scone?"
                            YOU did something wild and Crazy!?! Say it isn't so!

Be afraid people, be very afraid!!!

Hey Kir, I heard from a lil' birdie that you'll be coming down for Comic Con. I might have to rob a bank so I can come up for it.
                            *watches in glee as Kir tries to figure out a way out of this predicament...
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

And that would be?
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Um... yes you might have heard of this little thing called Comic Con. ::Looks at her AOT DVD where a certain somebody is hiding in the special features. :: I wonder just who that might be hmmm.... I wonder

:: gets completely run over by the Samanda thread because she was standing still in the fast lane again:: Umph.

:: quickly gets up:: Quick quick do I still have my knee caps I think Ames is after them!
                                What is this Comic-on you speak of?

*sigh* I still need to book a room. Would be nice if I knew how many people wanted to crash with me so I knew how many rooms to book *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X