• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you had a

Happy Birthday SciFi Girl!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      But what if I like both Penguins AND Polar Bears?
      Then I guess you're bi-polar?

I just watched Heroes this morning. I've been working my way with an eppy of SG1 a day for a while now so it's been a long time since I've seen it. I know most folks have differing opinions about the episode, but whichever way you slice it, Amanda did an amazing job. For me, many of the qualities that encompass Sam shone thoughout this episode. *hugs Sam*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        So, how will Samandans at AT3 find each other?
        Originally posted by atfan View Post
        You could all agree to wear the same color or a button maybe?
        Originally posted by suse View Post
        For some reason I don't think that'll be an issue IIRC at AT2 they were calling each other by screen names.
        I ithnk it's on most peoples nametag too.
        suse
        Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        I wondered the same thing LOL and what do we call each other by, our real names or our screen names? Do we Samanda's do anything together while at AT events, like go out for a meal one night?
        Julia(samcarterrules)
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        you'll find us. there'll be this gaggle of giggling women clustered in a conversation pit in the lobby, probably with a laptop and a container of chocolate on the table in the middle
        that'll be us
        cause we'll be the biggest group there i believe
        Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        From my memories of occasionally walking through the lobby, I'd say just look for the largest group of women sitting together and laughing and chattering a lot. And yes, you are the biggest group there this time as well.
        Julia G4
        This was a very interesting topic today...I have often wondered the same thing...what or how do we refer to each other when in each others company??...it will be easy for me coz I go by Chelle or Michelle...easy really!!
        So...a big group of giggling women in the lobby??...makes for interesting images in my mind...I can't wait to attend the next Gabit event...so...as Julia asked earlier...is there like a dinner where all the Samandans get together...or at least a bar we could all get drinks at???
        Originally posted by ames View Post
        Did you miss the memo?
        The one about the homing devices to be implanted in the back of your left hand?
        Ouch...could I have mine in the back of the neck instead...my hands are scarred enough as they are!!
        Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        I am so used to being called PengYn now that I think I respond to it more than I do my actual name. Heck my mother's even calling me PengYn lol.
        And there can never be too many Samandans. Perish the thought!!
        My mum actually wrote my name as Chelle in a Christmas card last year...I think it's cool...she rarely calls me anything but Michelle...my brothers call me Mish...or Mishy...I'm desperately trying to change that!!...I think it's cool that your mum calls you PengYn.
        Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        Who is currently up to her shoulders in paperwork, plans, printouts and schedule tweaking!!! Need more hours in the day.....<mutter..mutter..>
        Hey! I'd offer to help but I'm sure you'll reject my offer...BUT...if you need anything...or if there's anything I can do...just buzz me. *I know I'm way way away but the offer is always there!*
        Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        Well, I'll be the one wearing the 'I <3 Amanda Tapping' t-shirt.
        You all think I am joking
        I don't think you're joking...heck I'd wear one of those if I had one...I'm going to wear my Sanctuary t shirt to SupaNova this weekend when I meet Teryl and Jewel...I hope that they know what it is and comment on it...I hope...but somehow doubt it!

Oooh...almost forgot...happy birthday scifi girl...I did mention it in the ship thread but forgot about it here...whoops!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Ok, having re-watched Line in the Sand and seeing the scene where Sam tells Mitchell about her personal file on her laptop---do you think she was giving up too soon or just being realistic due to the severity of her wound? In the commentary
          Spoiler:
          they say that there was another scene where she persuades Cam to show her the wound with a mirror. If that scene was in, I don't think I'd have the question.
          I'll try to be succinct here and just say that I think Sam would never give up...I do believe that she would be realistic in knowing if the injury was severe enough that she should would make sure that her affairs would be taken care of...but she'd never give up!
          Bummed about the cut scene though...dang!!!
          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Oh really, those PTB sure do cut out the wrong things
          Tell me about it...I think they should make a dvd or 10 with all the cut scenes...I would have loved to have seen that scene!!
          Spoiler:

*hugs the polar bears*
          Oh man...that polar bear is so licked!...hehe...love it!!
          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          LOL, someone's dreaming
          Yep...it's the polar bear!!!
          Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
          Awww...wow...that is so awesome Kir...very moving vid...love it!!!
          Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
          Because of the tone of the video and how I ended it I wasn't able to put what is my Sanctaury Vid trademark at the end. When Helen lifts her tea cup and says "Scone?"
          I love that line!! That and all the other ones in that scene...I can't wait to see what happens next in Sanctuary...the suspense is killing me!!!

On that note...have to choof...night all, take care and have fun!
          (((Samandans)))

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

To those of you that have fic on fanfiction.net ... go and check your stuff.

In the last few days, the admin of the site has decided to strip ALL symbols out of the stories. Inclluding the ones we've used to separate scenes. so stuff like *** or /\/\/ or anything like that are now gone.

All of my fic that i've checked are now an unreadable mess. because all the spaces where those symbols were are now gone too so it's just an endless parade of paragraphs....with no idea when the scene breaks.

I don't see how i can fix my fic, i just have too many and it'd take me weeks to reformat them all. But those of you with fewer fic might want to check them out and make sure your stuff is okay.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I watched the movie (ark of truth) last night, I missed it on Monday night
              Spoiler:
              I did really enjoy the film. I liked the plot and everything which suprised me cause I was slightly worried before hand. Does anyone know when its suppose to be set? Straight after season 10 or? The only thing that slightly bothered me was that Cam was in charge but I did like that even though he was in charge it was a little bit more shared with Sam at points.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
                I watched the movie (ark of truth) last night, I missed it on Monday night
                Spoiler:
                I did really enjoy the film. I liked the plot and everything which suprised me cause I was slightly worried before hand. Does anyone know when its suppose to be set? Straight after season 10 or? The only thing that slightly bothered me was that Cam was in charge but I did like that even though he was in charge it was a little bit more shared with Sam at points.
                I believe it takes place after Season 10 (but not immediately after it as obviously Sam has let her hair grow so maybe a month or two) but just before the Season 3 finale of Stargate: Atlantis. I read somewhere that it's supposed to be before the U.S.S. Apollo makes its first journey to Atlantis.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I just watched Heroes this morning. I've been working my way with an eppy of SG1 a day for a while now so it's been a long time since I've seen it. I know most folks have differing opinions about the episode, but whichever way you slice it, Amanda did an amazing job. For me, many of the qualities that encompass Sam shone thoughout this episode. *hugs Sam*
                  I love that episode a lot. Probably one of my favorite Sam ones.
                  I agree with you that she defenitely shone throughout the entire episode. We also got to see so many sides of her!!
                  Fantastic epi!! I really should rewatch it

Comment

In the last few days, the admin of the site has decided to strip ALL symbols out of the stories. Inclluding the ones we've used to separate scenes. so stuff like *** or /\/\/ or anything like that are now gone.

All of my fic that i've checked are now an unreadable mess. because all the spaces where those symbols were are now gone too so it's just an endless parade of paragraphs....with no idea when the scene breaks.

I don't see how i can fix my fic, i just have too many and it'd take me weeks to reformat them all. But those of you with fewer fic might want to check them out and make sure your stuff is okay.
                    Thanks for the heads-up, Sky!
                    I've gone back to check out my stuff
                    Spoiler:
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/~missmeyet ... in case anyone was interested,
                    and yeah, there are some definite problems, but I don't have the time nor the energy to fix them atm. I mean, it was bad enough having to reformat it to fit in the first time, b/c they wouldn't allow what I had, now what I fixed it with is gone now too! Sigh... It's funny though, re-reading my old stuff. Some of it that I used to love, I really rather dislike now. Others I still love, so those must be my classics, or summat

And yes, there is definitely Sam stuff in there, b/c, y'know, Sam rocks!
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      YOU did something wild and Crazy!?! Say it isn't so!

Be afraid people, be very afraid!!!

Hey Kir, I heard from a lil' birdie that you'll be coming down for Comic Con. I might have to rob a bank so I can come up for it.
                      *watches in glee as Kir tries to figure out a way out of this predicament...

Great and soon everyone will know that I snort when I laugh. Little birdie eh? I have never seen a little trollop bird but I am so going to divorce her.

I just might be going to Comic Con. I hope that you will rob a bank and come. I so will drive the getaway car.

:laces her mask on and then mumbles:: I habn't debided ib I gonna go yeti. I will nob sum twind in Ape riil.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      And that would be?
                      The singer is Plumb the song is In My Arms! It is a great song.

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      What is this Comic-on you speak of?

*sigh* I still need to book a room. Would be nice if I knew how many people wanted to crash with me so I knew how many rooms to book *sigh*
                      I am not sure what it is either but a hint is in the AOT special features where this blonde chick is sitting in the front row holding a tri-pod wearing a Sanctuary Shirt that looks slightly like this Geeky Sam person. But hey I could be wrong but that rarely happens.

I will know very very soon whether or not I am going.

Dear god what have I gotten myself into. :: Gulp::

Then I guess you're bi-polar?

HA! that so made me snort coffee up and out my nose!!!!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

eurk...thanks Sky *toddles off to check* and mine are okay...cos I've not grown up into writing long fics yet

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                        I love that episode a lot. Probably one of my favorite Sam ones.
                        I agree with you that she defenitely shone throughout the entire episode. We also got to see so many sides of her!!
                        Fantastic epi!! I really should rewatch it
                        she really does shine in that ep...I still hate watching it...partly because Sam really makes you feel her pain!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          I checked on the airfare and found one for around $260ish roundtrip. The hotel and ticket would be my only other cost and I checked on both of those already and surprisingly I found both not too costly. I'd love to personally meet Amanda so like I said I may be completely random and just jump a plane and meet you all there in London in May.
                          That's really good news Celandine, you'll meet Amanda! It's an incredible experience, I'm really happy for you

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          So...a big group of giggling women in the lobby??...makes for interesting images in my mind...I can't wait to attend the next Gabit event...so...as Julia asked earlier...is there like a dinner where all the Samandans get together...or at least a bar we could all get drinks at???
                          I've not seen many things around the area, but I remember there's a pub near the hotel and I've been there twice to have dinner. I can't comment about the food because I'm a very picky person But it's better than MacDonalds

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Sky. It looks like there's not a problem if you use the site's line break tool, only if you got creative and used your own (how dare you!! ), so mine are all fine. And at least we still get to read yours on Emerald City, right?
                            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              I believe it takes place after Season 10 (but not immediately after it as obviously Sam has let her hair grow so maybe a month or two) but just before the Season 3 finale of Stargate: Atlantis. I read somewhere that it's supposed to be before the U.S.S. Apollo makes its first journey to Atlantis.
                              Thanks for that Alan

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I never like rewatching this ep mainly cos of Janet's passing. Sure she died a hero's death but imho it was way too premature.

If I had to pick a favorite Sam moment from the ep though I would say it's when they are returning from PSX-666 and the documentary crew zero's in on Sam as she's walking down the corridor. The pain and anger on her face is incredible and so believable as she turns on Bregman. She'd win a Samandan oscar for that bit if we had any to give out.

Originally posted by CapitaBlood View Post
                                That's really good news Celandine, you'll meet Amanda! It's an incredible experience, I'm really happy for you
                                Thanks! I really hope I can go not only to meet Amanda but all you crazy Samandans as well. It'll be a blast!

I just need to work out a few things first like work (could I leave early on Friday) as well juggling the funds a bit. I'm already booked for Vancouver in August and on top of that, I have been planning for over a year now a little backpacking tour of England in June. I have money set aside for both which I don't dare touch either. I still think AT3 is doable though, but won't know for sure till I go over some things. Meeting and chatting with Amanda, no matter for how short a time it might be would be way too awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X