Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
    i thought she grew it cuz she was tired of the same short hair after so many years, but she's dying it dark for sanctuary.
    She said in the interview that the wig was bothering her so she grew it out so that after Atlantis had finished filming she could dye it dark her Sanctary character has long black or dark brown hair with a pink streak in it. She mentioned it her Gateworld interview.

Welcome all the new people Samamanda is a great place.
    sigpic
    Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

You see, I read that question as why did "Sam", the character, grow her hair out rather than "Amanda", the actress. I've been sat pondering upon that question. Maybe she wanted a change, but I really have problems seeing "Sam" sat in a chair at the salon for hours getting nice extensions just for a "change". There must have been something more.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        You see, I read that question as why did "Sam", the character, grow her hair out rather than "Amanda", the actress. I've been sat pondering upon that question. Maybe she wanted a change, but I really have problems seeing "Sam" sat in a chair at the salon for hours getting nice extensions just for a "change". There must have been something more.
        Good point Tracy okay I'll go with she knew she wouldn't be in the field anymore and decided she wanted long hair except there is no information of what happened in between unending episode and AOT. Since I am a shipper I'll say she grew it for the wedding. By the end of season ten her hair was longer but not as long as in AOT so some time and events must have passed in between that.
        Spoiler:
        In AOT Vala mentions that they have been on the planet for awhile maybe she was caught off-world and unable to get it cut so she just let it grow
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          Here's an idea (for a story we haven't seen of course): while recuperating from being heroically wounded (I'm such a whumper ) Sam let her hair go. Since she wasn't going to be on duty for a couple of months it was the perfect time to let it grow through the awkward stage.

it took me a while to adjust to Sam with long hair, but I do kind of like it now. and it does seem well suited to a desk job. I still love her with short hair though.

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
            Good point Tracy okay I'll go with she knew she wouldn't be in the field anymore and decided she wanted long hair except there is no information of what happened in between unending episode and AOT. Since I am a shipper I'll say she grew it for the wedding.
            Aaargh! jckfan covers ears/eyes and hums loudly to erase the idea.
            For the newbies, the shippers & anti/non-shippers kid each other a lot here. But we co-exist nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              For the newbies, the shippers & anti/non-shippers kid each other a lot here. But we co-exist nicely.
              Yes we do

Spoiler:

*runs off laughing hysterically*
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Good thing also notice I did provide an alternate non-shippy answer as well. Points for me? OT When I was in Iraq I grew out mine no haircuts available there.

I am guessing the Trio cut scene doesn't exist either right?
                  Last edited by atfan; 10 April 2008, 12:01 PM. Reason: adding something
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post

I am guessing the Trio cut scene doesn't exist either right?
                    I know not of what you speak. [no, it doesn't exist in my world.]

Random thought: does Sam look taller on Atlantis to anyone? Do you think the guys on Atlantis are shorter than our SG1 fellas?

Comment

I know not of what you speak. [no, it doesn't exist in my world.]

Random thought: does Sam look taller on Atlantis to anyone? Do you think the guys on Atlantis are shorter than our SG1 fellas?
                      I think they are shorter, except for Ronon. And not just the guys, but the girls too. Vala is taller then Teyla or Keller. So it was more even on SG1 then on Atlantis.
                      sigpic

Comment

and we're going to ignore that the inches of growth she has is more like a year or two's worth of growth
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

We do indeed! See, look at us. All living in harmony. Lovin' Amanda.

Although one of the bears looks a little too relaxed. *pokes with a stick*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                            We do indeed! See, look at us. All living in harmony. Lovin' Amanda.

Possibly because the adult Emperor has very recently and quite cheekily sat hard on his chest. Poor, winded polar bear...
                            sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Arsenic.

*nods*
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Yes we do

Spoiler:

*runs off laughing hysterically*
                                LOL!

Welcome Bekki and Nessie!

Prion has posted in the News section some revisions regarding commentaries for the SGA Season 4 DVDs. Apparently Jewel is no longer involved in the Trio commentary. I would have loved to hear her and Amanda together. The good news is that AT is doing (or has done) the commentary for Lifeline as well with the ever cute Martin Wood.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X