Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    I too have never heard confirmation that she asked to be recurring. I know that some anti-sam fans have decided that she is recurring since she's not in all the episodes. However, i also do NOT frequent those sites so i have no idea if they have a credible source or if it's just speculation on their parts.

I guess my point is, i'm more than willing to support her. in this show or wherever she goes after this, i'm just not a fan of 'we wanna'

personally, we as fans don't have the right to make demands.

suggestions? sure. Observations? Certainly.

I am more than willing to send some boxes of blue jello. and i think, if we're going to do a bit of coordination, then we should come up with a theme or joint message to put in with it.
    I think we're of the same mind here...not demanding anything, just communicating forcefully that we don't want Sam slinking off into the background while a new whippersnapper takes over SG-1 fulltime...

Plus it might also do us some good to coordinate with other Amanda fangroups...

I'm in a good mood today...I received in the mail a peculiar envelope with a Superman address sticker on it. So maybe rather than Skydiver, in honor of Superman, you should be Sky FLYER. Thx!
    Last edited by Uber; 01 June 2005, 10:25 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Never Forget

This is the latest collaboration of Uber and myself.

I hope you like it.

Kat
      Nice one, Uber and Kat. Thought-provoking, inspirational, and visually impressive. Shame I can't rep you both (as usual... ).

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        The idea here is to grab attention without being rude...but to organize a campaign where they know there's a large fan base ....
        I think that if the PTB get lots and lots of positive stuff about AT - "Congrats on having a proven winner on your team" type stuff it would go a lot farther than any "demands" however politely worded.

Here's food for thought: we often complain that Sam's character is poorly written and that we'd like to see more Action Sam, but, has anyone ever thought to chart AT's many wins (at award times, that is) to see what kinds of episodes feature her work? (Sounds like a job for Astro G Neither Grace nor Threads are Action Sam eps, IMO, but, rather, angst(is that a tv award category ) or drama.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I think we're of the same mind here...not demanding anything, just communicating forcefully that we don't want Sam slinking off into the background while a new whippersnapper takes over SG-1 fulltime...

Plus it might also do us some good to coordinate with other Amanda fangroups...

I'm in a good mood today...I received in the mail a peculiar envelope with a Superman address sticker on it. So maybe rather than Skydiver, in honor of Superman, you should be Sky FLYER. Thx!
          That's exactly it Uber! Just reminding the TPTB that us Sam Fans are still here and we aint leaving Plus ya never now mabye a Season 10

Btw this is the address you send the letters to right?

Stargate SG1 Productions
          Attn: Robert Cooper
          Bridge Studios
          2400 Boundary Rd.
          Burnaby, BC
          Canada, V5M 3Z3

I'm think of sending more own little letter

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Here are the two Leo photos of Amanda receiving the award itself and then giving her thank-you speech ... which I'll have more to say about later!

Astro has been busy with puppy and I don't think she had time to save the two shots in this format ... so here we go!

Yay Congrats Amanda!!!
            She looks great love the dress! You can so not tell she just had a baby 2 months ago aawww almost looks like she's gettin a little teary eyed up their! Congrats

Comment

Okay, so I had a whole half hour to kill this aft, and I wanted to post a theory(that has probably not only been posited here, but discussed at length and dismissed as wrong because of some spoiler - I've only missed like a thousand posts - and, no, I'm not kidding.)

In the ASK threads, JM said that at the start of season nine Sam is
              Spoiler:
              far, far away - I take it, he means far from Cheyenne Mtn.
              Later, MG hinted that Sam would put in an appearance in
              Spoiler:
              an episode of Atlantis
              and then later JM revealed that Sam has been
              Spoiler:
              running things at Area 51

So, do you suppose that
              Spoiler:
              Sam has been experimenting with some alien device at Area 51 and that device transports her somehow to Atlantis?
              In this way she will have been both very near and very far from SG-1!
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

wheeee

glad it made it there
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Was playing around in Photoshop before, and came up with this:

Wow! First thing I find when I get back, Sam with a lightsaber !
                  I got to see Star Wars last week !
                  Last edited by deepspace; 01 June 2005, 02:39 PM. Reason: edited because the 'H' key on my keyboard isn't registering too well.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    I just wanted to say good bye to you all. My short time here was made so much more fun, by reading your posts and looking at the fantastic pics you have all posted. I regretfully must resign my position as Royal Physician/Counsellor to Samanda. I can't take the continued mod bias and disrespect of many of the people who post here, physically and mentally.

I came here to seek refuge from a world that hasn't been very "kind" to me recently. I'm battling a serious illness and recovering from a serious auto accident. I thought I had finally found a new home, a place I could go and forget about pain, and docs, and meds and spend time with great people who loved SG-1 and AT, as much as I do. I'll miss this and all of you, more than you'll ever know. You should all be very proud of this thread and Samanda. You are a very special group of people and I've come to care for you all very much. I know I haven't posted a lot here. I was still trying to find my place. Guess I ran out of time.

Sorry, I better cut this, cause this tough bird is starting to cry.

Please take care and continue to love the show and Amanda. I'll be watching....
                    Then the second thing I find is this .
                    Lida, I know exactly the big stir up that you're talking about, I read the whole thing, on one of my 'explore past the doors of Samanda' sessions, and people and mods were getting quite mean to each other.
                    I will miss you on this tread. I wish that you didn't feel that you had to leave.
                    We will always have the couch you gave us, to remember you here by.
                    But know, if you ever feel like coming back, the Gate is open, and the Samandans have their arms open.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      Sam's music

well, i'm not much of an audiophile - i mean i think i own a dozen cd's, maybe 2 dozen and they're all sound tracks

I see her listening to the oldies. rock of the 50, 60, 70, 80's

something she knows all the words to and is familiar with but not anything too jarring. she might like the hard type rock when she's on her bike or something
                      I don't listen to that much music, but I reckon that computer game music is some of the best stuff out there.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Before we draw some conclusions, who said for sure that AT wants a limited sked? I think Skydiver said IF Amanda has decided she wants one, she'd support that decision. Then, someone said, "She's asked to be a recurring character, not a regular one."

Where is this originating? Isn't this just supposition based on her being a new mother? We really don't know that she wants to cut back her hours, do we?

Just don't want a rumor to go unchecked......
                        My assumption was that she was getting leave for the first several episodes and then was back at full strength (but with scheduling to allow for on-set breast feeding). But I guess we won't know for sure til August.

On another note, I'd love to see AT on other shows. I have often thought she'd be great on Law and Order--maybe a nice meaty guest starring part where we can really see her "acting chops" as they say--but the logistics I'm sure wouldn't work while she's still doing Stargate. I'm on the lookout for her movies for rental, but so far no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          I think that if the PTB get lots and lots of positive stuff about AT - "Congrats on having a proven winner on your team" type stuff it would go a lot farther than any "demands" however politely worded.
                          I like that idea. If people do the jello thing (jelly is what you spread on toast or on one 1/2 of a PB&J sandwich ) I like the idea of positive/congratulatory notes in the empty boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            Here’s a collage of a few of Sam’s off world journeys over the years. It doesn’t have Kat’s nice blending presentation. This is an “in your face” arrangement!

Here’s to S9 having more through the gate activities!

Click on the link below..

Off World Sam
                            What a great photo collage, SamFan! It's beautiful - and it's now in the SaGC Collection!

Comment

rofl
                              I see one thing wrong with that plan: The Blue Jelly (yes, we call it Jelly over here... ) would never get out my door because, well, I'd eat it first...

Über: So...not only do you get way better DVD features, you spell Jell-o wrong.
                              Tsk. Tsk.

AD: Pfft, jelly's the proper name for it... Jell-O is just a brand of jelly

Uber: First off, FROM the manufacturer's themselves...JELL-O® is a brand of Gelatin. See? GELATIN. Not jelly.
                              It's Jelly here! Definitely Jelly. Jay, Ee, El, El, Why. J E L L Y. But us Aussie's are willing to play along and call it Jello, just for all those of you who say it wrong .
                              Gelatin is what makes jello/jelly.
                              A post I made a long time ago, in a galaxy far away:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=6289

But I've said it once before, and I'll say it again. You all do what you like, but I don't feel I have the right to try and influence TPTB in any way. It's their show, they've already written season9 and started filming it. What is anything we say going to change, and do we really have the right to try and change anything anyway. I will not be writing any letters to them. Sorry Uber.
                              Last edited by deepspace; 01 June 2005, 02:51 PM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Never Forget

This is the latest collaboration of Uber and myself.

I hope you like it.

Kat
                                Beautifully done, Kat and Uber!

the female gets demoted and the male gets promoted(not that Jack would actually consider it as such). Just doesn't seem right,
                                That would definitely *suck*!
                                Besides, we can always write our own start to Season9 if we have to...
                                And Agent Dark has proven that he can write....
                                By the way...regarding Sam's leadership abilities...I'd like to say that in looking at older episodes (Matter of Time and Fallout in this case) I am now seeing strong leadership traits that maybe were obscured to me at the time because her leadership style is different than Jack's...
                                Great comment, Uber. Can't rep you... so, here's some blue jello!

I think the important thing is to demonstrate to TPTB that Sam has a large and vocal fanbase that supports her and wants to see her lead.

Whether or not this will impact them in any decision making, your guess is as good as mine....but these kinds of fun campaigns can be very effective when well coordinated.

If Amanda wants a limited schedule, I certainly won't fight her on that...I guess my biggest fear is the Sam-bashers coming forth and declaring victory...that she's been "put in her proper place" or some such nonsense.
                                And that's something I'd hate to see... I hope that Sam's role in Season 9 does just the opposite
                                Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                                Okay, so I had a whole half hour to kill this aft, and I wanted to post a theory(that has probably not only been posited here, but discussed at length and dismissed as wrong because of some spoiler - I've only missed like a thousand posts - and, no, I'm not kidding.)

In the ASK threads, JM said that at the start of season nine Sam is
                                Spoiler:
                                far, far away - I take it, he means far from Cheyenne Mtn.
                                Later, MG hinted that Sam would put in an appearance in
                                Spoiler:
                                an episode of Atlantis
                                and then later JM revealed that Sam has been
                                Spoiler:
                                running things at Area 51

So, do you suppose that
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam has been experimenting with some alien device at Area 51 and that device transports her somehow to Atlantis?
                                In this way she will have been both very near and very far from SG-1!
                                Great idea, TH!

Comment

Working...
                                X