Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skydiver
    why do i get the idea that somebody got in trouble??????

    ok, as much as i enjoy grousing, we've probably had enough. Hows about we save those comments for the anti-s9 thread or some such place??

    let's see...ok, let's play a game.
    it's ascension. sam has just dealt with orlin. she's dealing with her friends thinking she's nuts, jack blowing her off with a 'knit something' (although he did redeem himself by sticking up for her in the end), she's had the nid crawling all over her house. she disobeyed regs by going through the gate with orlin...how would she react post Ascension?

    forgive and forget right away? be a little ticked for a while? feel betrayed? angry? annoyed? would she consider quitting? transferring?

    would hammond have reprimanded her? if so, by what?

    how do you see the fallout of Ascension happening?
    Nice diversion, back to SAM'S A GREAT CHARACTER!

    I offer:

    Sam realizes how structured, and sometimes lonely her off duty life is. She shared her life with Orlin (for days? a week?), having meals cooked for her and getting humungous emeralds. Then, of course, the intimacy with an Ancient, which has gotta be felt on the subatomic levels of body and mind. Then he's shot down in front of her, ascends again and leaves for the Whereeverafter.

    It's a period of let down, mild melancholy. She takes time to set her home to order, before going back to work. And also to write a detailed report for the SGC. She's too pissed at the NID and maybe even SGC for allowing them to spy on her. This would be a good point where her emotions settle on Jack. He offered to stay at her house, showing concern. He sticks by her when Hammond has to do some kind of reprimand, and that turns out to be minimal given her service record. Maybe there was more...? But oops, Air Force regs.

    Then the next threat to earth. Sam does what Sam does: jumps back into the fray. All personal stuff to the rear of awareness; priorities front and center. Daniel, Teal'c and Janet offer friendly ears (or shoulders), and Sam eases back to her scientific passion

    But that acute sharing...It simmered, never truly forgotten.

    My take.

    Just sayin'.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking



    Comment


      Originally posted by deepspace
      Ok, so here's the deal.
      I told myself I wouldn't post again, but I can't just leave. It's not that easy. I guess maybe that gives you an idea of how attatched I've become to the people on this thread.
      Some of you have sent me PM's and rep messages with advice. Something in particular that Lys said was that if I leave, then essentially I'm letting them win, letting them have things their way. Other's have said to just ignore the bad PM's. I did for a while, but when swearing escalates and hatefulness becomes more serious, I just don't know how to handle it. Call me sheltered, maybe I am, but I just haven't experienced this before.
      Am I overreacting? Perhaps. I just thought I'd better give it a break for a while, let things calm down. The worst part for me is that it's all been directed at me, as a person, and has had very little really to do with stargate in any way. If it was because I had a different opinion on an aspect of the show, it'd probably be ok. No different to what's on the rest of the forum anyway. Therefore I have to come to the conclusion that something about me as a person grates on people. I haven't posted outside of Samanda in months. I would have thought that would make it harder for people to have a problem with me.
      I didn't know that there was such a thing as an 'Ignore' option until Sky mentioned it. That might help, I don't know. I certainly don't think it's anything to waste mods time over. It's not like my life is being threatened. Besides, I'm a dumb enough girl to have wiped my PM's to make room for friends to use if they wanted.
      I was planning to just keep a low profile, lurk for a while, and then join Uber's forum when she's got it up and running.
      I don't know what to do. Do I go away, or do I stay. If I leave, am I giving them what they want, or if I stay, am I just giving them a chance to keep it up? I can't wrap my head around what's wrong or right.
      You guys are all very encouraging. I wish I could just forget it all and be here with you. I just feel like... I mean, if I put them on ignore, then I don't get the PM's, but are they still there, watching what I post, scrutinising my every move on the forum? It kind of makes a person feel like they can't post things openly and carefree.
      I'm going to think about it over the next week very thoroughly. If I'm not back in a week from today, then chances are I won't be back for quite a while. I'll use the ignore option as Sky said, and if I check in and find no problems, I might be brave enough to return. I do feel rather cowardly about just leaving. But know that I really love you all, and I appreciate your support, kind comments, and advice. So to every one of you who's posted, pm'd or repmessaged, know that I'm thankful, and I apologise to everyone for bringing this stormcloud over our thread.
      Hey deepspace, I know it's nerve-wracking to think you're being judged by others, but keep in mind that the people you care about - the open, friendly, respectful members of this list who have expressed their support for you - are also judging you, and we judge you to be good company and a good contributor. I know it's easy to say ignore the others, but I'm going to say it anyway. Ignore the others. Their opinions shouldn't matter to you because it doesn't sound as if they have anything constructive to offer you. Thick skin, little page. Stick with us. We want you here.

      Hugs,
      Strix
      Last edited by Strix varia; 14 September 2005, 07:46 PM.

      My LJ

      Comment


        Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        OMG. I accidently clicked on the Sam/Jack thread instead of this one

        Im scarred for life now
        All right, we need a sarcophagus for Agent Dark! Or a hand device, at least, so his Sam clones (you did get the naquadah option, yes?) can heal that scarring.

        Though there seems to be a general fanfic consensus that Sam doesn't mind a bit if a man has a few raking scars...
        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

        Comment


          Originally posted by Skydiver
          let's see...ok, let's play a game.
          it's ascension. sam has just dealt with orlin. she's dealing with her friends thinking she's nuts, jack blowing her off with a 'knit something' (although he did redeem himself by sticking up for her in the end), she's had the nid crawling all over her house. she disobeyed regs by going through the gate with orlin...how would she react post Ascension?
          At the very least, I hope that the sight of 'Carter's Alien' there at the end, his saving Reynolds and his crew from an overload of the space gun, and his translation back to the Ascended state, gave Hammond and the guys of SG-1 a giant guilt trip for not believing Sam. Considering 'Desperate Measures' too, I hope they realized that they had been kind of taking her for granted and not considering there's a lot more to her as a person than just the Air Force officer and genius. Not likely, I know, but one can hope.

          I suspect there was some distance in Sam's relationship with SG-1 for a while, which the guys had to work to remedy. And I'd like to think that General Hammond delivered a reprimand that consisted of 'Try to tell us what's going on next time, before you go off and save another SG team from the wrath of aliens or overloading reactors, Major, all right? Now - Colonel Reynolds and I would like to treat you to a steak dinner. What d'ya think?'

          I think that Orlin brought Sam's desire to have someone in her life that she can love, and be loved by, and share who she is and what she does without reservation, self-editing, lies, or incomprehension to conscious recognition in her own mind. (Orlin was the genesis of Jacob's dialogue in Grace! )

          At the very least, I hope Sam got her credit card bill paid by the USAF, and a new toaster and microwave gratis, when all was said and done. One shouldn't have to save another military unit, and be expected to pay for the appliances with which to it, too.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

          Comment


            Originally posted by Skydiver
            it's ascension. sam has just dealt with orlin. she's dealing with her friends thinking she's nuts, jack blowing her off with a 'knit something' (although he did redeem himself by sticking up for her in the end), she's had the nid crawling all over her house. she disobeyed regs by going through the gate with orlin...how would she react post Ascension?

            forgive and forget right away? be a little ticked for a while? feel betrayed? angry? annoyed? would she consider quitting? transferring?

            would hammond have reprimanded her? if so, by what?

            how do you see the fallout of Ascension happening?
            aah, the good old days, when sam reacted... like sam.

            maybe she would have forgiven them if they stalked her?

            bitter much? naw.


            sally
            sally

            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by deepspace
              Ok, so here's the deal.
              I told myself I wouldn't post again, but I can't just leave. It's not that easy. I guess maybe that gives you an idea of how attatched I've become to the people on this thread.
              Some of you have sent me PM's and rep messages with advice. Something in particular that Lys said was that if I leave, then essentially I'm letting them win, letting them have things their way. Other's have said to just ignore the bad PM's. I did for a while, but when swearing escalates and hatefulness becomes more serious, I just don't know how to handle it. Call me sheltered, maybe I am, but I just haven't experienced this before.
              Am I overreacting? Perhaps. I just thought I'd better give it a break for a while, let things calm down. The worst part for me is that it's all been directed at me, as a person, and has had very little really to do with stargate in any way. If it was because I had a different opinion on an aspect of the show, it'd probably be ok. No different to what's on the rest of the forum anyway. Therefore I have to come to the conclusion that something about me as a person grates on people. I haven't posted outside of Samanda in months. I would have thought that would make it harder for people to have a problem with me.
              I didn't know that there was such a thing as an 'Ignore' option until Sky mentioned it. That might help, I don't know. I certainly don't think it's anything to waste mods time over. It's not like my life is being threatened. Besides, I'm a dumb enough girl to have wiped my PM's to make room for friends to use if they wanted.
              I was planning to just keep a low profile, lurk for a while, and then join Uber's forum when she's got it up and running.
              I don't know what to do. Do I go away, or do I stay. If I leave, am I giving them what they want, or if I stay, am I just giving them a chance to keep it up? I can't wrap my head around what's wrong or right.
              You guys are all very encouraging. I wish I could just forget it all and be here with you. I just feel like... I mean, if I put them on ignore, then I don't get the PM's, but are they still there, watching what I post, scrutinising my every move on the forum? It kind of makes a person feel like they can't post things openly and carefree.
              I'm going to think about it over the next week very thoroughly. If I'm not back in a week from today, then chances are I won't be back for quite a while. I'll use the ignore option as Sky said, and if I check in and find no problems, I might be brave enough to return. I do feel rather cowardly about just leaving. But know that I really love you all, and I appreciate your support, kind comments, and advice. So to every one of you who's posted, pm'd or repmessaged, know that I'm thankful, and I apologise to everyone for bringing this stormcloud over our thread.
              deepspace, it sounds like you're being *harassed*. let the mods handle it.

              i was going to rep you with this advice, but i was told to spread the green around first.


              sally
              sally

              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                All right, we need a sarcophagus for Agent Dark! Or a hand device, at least, so his Sam clones (you did get the naquadah option, yes?) can heal that scarring.

                Though there seems to be a general fanfic consensus that Sam doesn't mind a bit if a man has a few raking scars...
                Especially if it's a sexy little scar over your left eye. Oh wait, maybe that' s me who likes those kinds of scars.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                  All right, we need a sarcophagus for Agent Dark! Or a hand device, at least, so his Sam clones (you did get the naquadah option, yes?) can heal that scarring.

                  Though there seems to be a general fanfic consensus that Sam doesn't mind a bit if a man has a few raking scars...
                  Haha
                  Well, the Sam!Clones have been rather appreciative over the last few days...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by deepspace
                    Ok, so here's the deal.
                    I told myself I wouldn't post again, but I can't just leave. It's not that easy. I guess maybe that gives you an idea of how attatched I've become to the people on this thread.
                    Some of you have sent me PM's and rep messages with advice. Something in particular that Lys said was that if I leave, then essentially I'm letting them win, letting them have things their way. Other's have said to just ignore the bad PM's. I did for a while, but when swearing escalates and hatefulness becomes more serious, I just don't know how to handle it. Call me sheltered, maybe I am, but I just haven't experienced this before.
                    Am I overreacting? Perhaps. I just thought I'd better give it a break for a while, let things calm down. The worst part for me is that it's all been directed at me, as a person, and has had very little really to do with stargate in any way. If it was because I had a different opinion on an aspect of the show, it'd probably be ok. No different to what's on the rest of the forum anyway. Therefore I have to come to the conclusion that something about me as a person grates on people. I haven't posted outside of Samanda in months. I would have thought that would make it harder for people to have a problem with me.
                    I didn't know that there was such a thing as an 'Ignore' option until Sky mentioned it. That might help, I don't know. I certainly don't think it's anything to waste mods time over. It's not like my life is being threatened. Besides, I'm a dumb enough girl to have wiped my PM's to make room for friends to use if they wanted.
                    I was planning to just keep a low profile, lurk for a while, and then join Uber's forum when she's got it up and running.
                    I don't know what to do. Do I go away, or do I stay. If I leave, am I giving them what they want, or if I stay, am I just giving them a chance to keep it up? I can't wrap my head around what's wrong or right.
                    You guys are all very encouraging. I wish I could just forget it all and be here with you. I just feel like... I mean, if I put them on ignore, then I don't get the PM's, but are they still there, watching what I post, scrutinising my every move on the forum? It kind of makes a person feel like they can't post things openly and carefree.
                    I'm going to think about it over the next week very thoroughly. If I'm not back in a week from today, then chances are I won't be back for quite a while. I'll use the ignore option as Sky said, and if I check in and find no problems, I might be brave enough to return. I do feel rather cowardly about just leaving. But know that I really love you all, and I appreciate your support, kind comments, and advice. So to every one of you who's posted, pm'd or repmessaged, know that I'm thankful, and I apologise to everyone for bringing this stormcloud over our thread.
                    I can't imagine who'd be so in need of a life as they'd go bashing a person. That's sucky. Well...not that I'll help any but really, don't go getting involved with vindictive people. Especially over something petty. You'll look back and wonder, "How'd I ever let myself get worried about that? It was so trivial." I may live on GW but I don't engage people on stuff unless it concerns my honor or something. (maybe I've been watching Godfather too much ) but anyway, fogedaboudid. Leave it alone and let them think they've won something. In reality, you'll have won because you've managed not to get sucked into thier sad little universe of threats and insults. You escape unscathed, so laugh! Ha ha!

                    Hee.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Like I was scarred earlier from that freaky "edit Sam out of all the pictures" website...

                      Where?? Let me lay my eyes on the horror!
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

                      Comment


                        Hmmmm... Ascension.

                        Well, we all know that a good scene between Carter and Fraiser was cut out, which may have put some aspects of the issue in a different light for us. Dang it...

                        I would think that she'd be pretty ticked off at them for not believing her. She did everything she was supposed to do, didn't she? She told her Commanding Officer(s) the situation, and they dealt with it accordingly.

                        There have been some really good fanfics that deal with the fallout of both Ascension and Threshold. They're amazing, actually. (If I'm not mistaken, Sky's the author of one...)

                        Comment


                          Here are some cool Sam pics for your viewing pleasure (and to keep Samanda off page 2):











                          ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                          Comment


                            More Sam pics!!!!











                            ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                            Comment


                              And even MORE Sam pics!!!!!!!















                              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Like I was scarred earlier from that freaky "edit Sam out of all the pictures" website...

                                That was just weird
                                Originally posted by Dani76
                                P.S. deepspace, please don't get discouraged. Put them on ignore and stay with us, please!!! It's awful what happened to you, you do not deserve this, but please reconsider - I would really miss you here. [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                                Same here

                                Nice pics Uber
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X