X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    you know, i think it's a little of both

Spoiler:
    when amanda joined the show, she was just a green actor. few guest bits, sure, but nothing really outstanding.

she gets the role and, in my opinion, rides out the next few years under rick's wing. And put your dirty minds away, what i mean is....rick is a professional and accomplished actor and, i feel, very willing to mentor others. he's willing to teach and learn and let others hone their skills under his tutledge.

I think season 6 was a turning point for amanda. rick stepped back - due to his injury and due to just getting tired - adn she stepped forward. she learned that she COULD be the lead of the show, if not in the credits, in the simple fact of being.

she's grown up and matured and is less of 'part of the pack' and more 'leader of the pack'

I think she had a rough patch during s9. she was tired and overwhelmed and a bit off course during a very turbulent and emotional year. but i think the whole outroar over 'we don't know what to do with sam' helped her. cause it made her realize that she's not just a pretty face. she's not just some extra 'baggage' that was in the way. she was an important part of the show. and i think that helped her out and - maybe - even gave her the encouragement to do sanctuary and step forward to take control of her life and career. to be less of a participant and more of a leader

I think, now, she's in a good place in her life. she knows that she isn't being 'demanda' when she stands up for herself. she's just being a professional and is doing what is necessary for her life and her career

i think, colonel sam carter, is a bit more like amanda herself. she's taking charge and isn't afraid to stand up, nor is she afraid to make the tough decisions. i think - like my opinion of rick - she will stand behind anyone that supports and is straight with her...but stab her in the back and it's all over.
    Spoiler'd for space.

I just have to say that I agree with everything said in this post.

And you totally gave me flashbacks to my childhood. "Demanda" was one of my nick names. I wasn't afraid to tell people what to do and what exactly I expected. Funny how that changed...

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
      I'm having the same problem

Just saw 'Booty call', wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but the small appearence of a certain blonde actress defenitely made up for it ! Amanda was great as always
      Both of you had problems? I didn't. I really liked the interview.

Spoiler:
      I could listen to Amanda talk all day. I'm so happy she has such a great career like this. I hope sanctuary goes on longer, and I hope she wins more deserved awards for it. Oh, and I'd also like to hear that guy intreview Helen Magnus.

Comment

hey, Atlantis won a peoples choice for favorite scifi show
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yay!! I'm glad they won... I did my part in voting along with the other 10 million YAY Stargate Atlantis! S4 really is a going really well so far I'm enjoying it a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Beware: Milestone type post

The verbose one strikes again…

What can I say—Sam is a great character and BAMSR just showed it again.
            She's got brains & guts to spare. She's a scientist, she's a soldier, she's a leader.

And Amanda Tapping is wonderful too—she's funny, charming and beautiful (to quote Corso). And by beautiful I mean on the inside as well as the outside.

Raise a glass to Sam and Amanda (the Tappinator) Tapping to whom we owe this convergence of funny, charming and beautiful people that is Samanda!
            All that...and she makes a mean souffle too!

Congrats on your landmark post.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey all! Fun GW poll for Stargate Beauties.

Carter's ahead for now but go make your voice heard!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=49919&page=10

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                "Demanda" was one of my nick names. I wasn't afraid to tell people what to do and what exactly I expected. Funny how that changed...
                It did?? As I recall you bossed me around all over Vancouver, thy will be DONE! And that was only for a single day!

(that was all totally fictitious - antoa is very sweet and i adore teasing her!!!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  I tried the link and like chelle db, my computer crashed. Nut's.
                  For all of you having difficulty have you tried saving the link (MP3 file) to your computer and then playing it? Sometimes people's computers aren't quite up to streaming multimedia files but can play them quite fine.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    It did?? As I recall you bossed me around all over Vancouver, thy will be DONE! And that was only for a single day!

(that was all totally fictitious - antoa is very sweet and i adore teasing her!!!)
                    I do still have my moments.

(I am an easy target)

Comment

HD caps from the latest episode here

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                        I tried the link and like chelle db, my computer crashed. Nut's.
                        Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        For all of you having difficulty have you tried saving the link (MP3 file) to your computer and then playing it? Sometimes people's computers aren't quite up to streaming multimedia files but can play them quite fine.
                        Not you too LaCroix!!
                        There's a link to an mp3 file??? Cool...I didn't see it...dang!!
                        Thank you RoX...will check it out tomorrow...hope it works!!!
                        Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        In every episode, or as good as? Imagine how much it'd slow the episode down if Daniel didn't figure out how to communicate with the people they encountered until at least the half-way point, at best, and after that, all communication had to be relayed through him. They'd barely have time for a storyline in any episode involving a new, non-English speaking society.
                        To be honest, I hadn't noticed that...obviously not something that distracts me to greatly...I guess it's a good thing then that Daniel can do what he does!!
                        you know, i think it's a little of both
                        when amanda joined the show, she was just a green actor. few guest bits, sure, but nothing really outstanding.
                        she gets the role and, in my opinion, rides out the next few years under rick's wing. And put your dirty minds away, what i mean is....rick is a professional and accomplished actor and, i feel, very willing to mentor others. he's willing to teach and learn and let others hone their skills under his tutledge.
                        I think season 6 was a turning point for amanda. rick stepped back - due to his injury and due to just getting tired - adn she stepped forward. she learned that she COULD be the lead of the show, if not in the credits, in the simple fact of being.
                        she's grown up and matured and is less of 'part of the pack' and more 'leader of the pack'
                        I think she had a rough patch during s9. she was tired and overwhelmed and a bit off course during a very turbulent and emotional year. but i think the whole outroar over 'we don't know what to do with sam' helped her. cause it made her realize that she's not just a pretty face. she's not just some extra 'baggage' that was in the way. she was an important part of the show. and i think that helped her out and - maybe - even gave her the encouragement to do sanctuary and step forward to take control of her life and career. to be less of a participant and more of a leader
                        I think, now, she's in a good place in her life. she knows that she isn't being 'demanda' when she stands up for herself. she's just being a professional and is doing what is necessary for her life and her career
                        i think, colonel sam carter, is a bit more like amanda herself. she's taking charge and isn't afraid to stand up, nor is she afraid to make the tough decisions. i think - like my opinion of rick - she will stand behind anyone that supports and is straight with her...but stab her in the back and it's all over.
                        And if that didn't impress you??....You should see Sky's magic trick!!!
                        Well said Sky...kudos to you!!
                        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Beware: Milestone type post
                        The verbose one strikes again…
                        What can I say—Sam is a great character and BAMSR just showed it again.
                        She's got brains & guts to spare. She's a scientist, she's a soldier, she's a leader.
                        And Amanda Tapping is wonderful too—she's funny, charming and beautiful (to quote Corso). And by beautiful I mean on the inside as well as the outside.
                        Raise a glass to Sam and Amanda (the Tappinator) Tapping to whom we owe this convergence of funny, charming and beautiful people that is Samanda!
                        Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        Glass raised "Hear, hear!"
                        Go Sam/Amanda
                        Congrats on the milestone jckfan55...woohoo!!

Cheers to the best Spottie in the world...no, galaxy...no, UNIVERSE!!!!

Yay!! Awesome news!!!
                        Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        We never thought other wise about AntoA!!
                        Good to see you popping in again mini...you have been missed...as have a few other Samandans who have not called home for a while
                        Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                        HD caps from the latest episode here
                        Thanks for the caps Jenny...as always...very much appreciated!!

Night folks...have to go help hubby organize our family holiday...we're off to Tasmania...but first I have to figure out what the heck I'm gonna say at dad and mum's wedding next week...I have to read the vows for mum...heaven help me...I hate my voice on the best of days...I really don't want to do this!!! My sister in law gets the honors of being matron of honor...I'd much prefer to be the official taster of the punch!!
                        Take care everyone, be safe and have fun...and for all you Aussies out there...stay cool and well hydrated...it's gonna be a scorcher for the next 2 days!!!
                        (((TappinatingSamandans)))
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm really glad they won, but I didn't see the show. What really happened, and is there a link or something I can watch?

PS: Does anyone know when that interview with Amanda and that Tony guy was made?

Comment

because her eyes were too pretty to pass up...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
                              I'm really glad they won, but I didn't see the show. What really happened, and is there a link or something I can watch?

PS: Does anyone know when that interview with Amanda and that Tony guy was made?
                              Sorry I don't have a link to the award show... it was just a quick picture of Jewel, Joe, David and Rachel sitting together dressed up in directors chairs. If you blinked you missed it. There was no speech or anything. Just a quick picture and the announcement they won.. They did that with several awards I guess that's why it was only 2 hours long rather than the normal 3 hours. Well that and there was no audience this year (with the writers strike) and every winner turned in a video acceptance speech.

As far as the interview with Amanda and Tony... He wished her a Happy New Years so I would say it was put together sometime at the end of Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post

Erika posted this on another thread. It's Jewel, Joe, David and Rachel accepting the award.

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                                You can watch the acceptance speech online at: http://www.pcavote.com/pca/history.jsp

Just click their pic.

CONGRATS SGA!!!
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X