No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have finally watched all of Eve's long list of Sam vids one doesn't link to the right vid I think but they're all darned fantastic *wiggle bounce*

I really really need to see seasons 8 and 10....bah
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
      Tittamiire, you are lucky that you have just 2 seasons to catch up on. I have 8 (1-8). I have seen spots of episodes thoughout but not all. I am really liking Sam and wonder if people could recommend some Bottle episodes to watch that don't build on an arc. Thanks, Susan
      You want like the arc for Carter or just some great episodes for her cause that is a bit different from each other I would just suggest watch all the eps in order, it is really worth it for Sam. Cause you can see her grow from that little insecure Captain, who really wanted to prove herself to a Lt. Colonel who knows what she does... I think it is really great to see.

you also see that she makes her mistakes and that she is insecure about stuff even if she hardly shows it

OT:

Today I had to babysit my bro's kids and I just noticed it today how much they are actually on the computer, I really was surprised about it. My little nephew is from August 2 years and he really already knows how to start a computer, log in his account (yes he has his own account ) and then start the internet and his game. And while the games are in English, he knows exactly what to do and stuff...
      Here a pic of him and the computer
      Spoiler:

Comment

Tittamiire, you are lucky that you have just 2 seasons to catch up on. I have 8 (1-8). I have seen spots of episodes thoughout but not all. I am really liking Sam and wonder if people could recommend some Bottle episodes to watch that don't build on an arc. Thanks, Susan
        true....I kinda don't know what I will do when I have finished collecting all the DVDs, I've been building my collection for 8 years lol....thats a longer commitment than almost anything else in my life. Like Eve say's it's a little hard to find Carter bottle eps cos she has a ten year character arc lol.

Some great Carter ones are ones you see every where, singularity, in the line of duty, tok'ra

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        You want like the arc for Carter or just some great episodes for her cause that is a bit different from each other I would just suggest watch all the eps in order, it is really worth it for Sam. Cause you can see her grow from that little insecure Captain, who really wanted to prove herself to a Lt. Colonel who knows what she does... I think it is really great to see.

you also see that she makes her mistakes and that she is insecure about stuff even if she hardly shows it

OT:

Today I had to babysit my bro's kids and I just noticed it today how much they are actually on the computer, I really was surprised about it. My little nephew is from August 2 years and he really already knows how to start a computer, log in his account (yes he has his own account ) and then start the internet and his game. And while the games are in English, he knows exactly what to do and stuff...
        Spoiler:
        Exactly...and...thats very cute!
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

From a general perspective, if you haven't seen the pilot episode, you should check that one out. Season 2 had Spirits, Touchstone, A Matter of Time, One False Step and 1969 as standalones, I believe. Season 3 had Learning Curve, Deadman Switch, Demons, Urgo and Crystal Skull, among others. Season 4 had The Other Side, Window of Opportunity, Point of No Return, Scorched Earth and Tangent, among others. Those are early ones, and there's a good amount of team standalone eps from season five onward.

From a Sam perspective, some standalone eps are S1's Singularity and Solitudes; S2's In the Line of Duty (which is touched upon later in The Tokra Parts I & II, Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know); S3's Foothold (great episode); and S4's 2010, Prodigy and Entity.

Many of the later season eps are harder to watch without knowing at least a general bit of knowledge about the story arc(s). Season 5 had Ascension, 2001 and Desperate Measures. Season 6 had Nightwalkers, Prometheus, Unnatural Selection, Paradise Lost, and Metamorphosis. Season 7 had Space Race, Avenger 2.0, Grace, Fallout, Chimera, Death Knell, Heroes Parts I & II, Resurrection and The Lost City Parts I & II. <-- this could easily be one of the most Sam-centric seasons of the series in terms of eps that feature her quite heavily.

Season 8, also a pretty Sam-centric season, had New Order Parts I & II, Covenant, Endgame, Gemini, It's Good to Be King, Reckoning Parts I & II, Threads and Moebius Parts I & II.*

I know that's quite a list... But it's really not that bad when you consider the fact that there were 200+ eps total.

* Gateworld's Season and Episode Guides rock.
          Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 20 September 2007, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Urgo.... that's one of the only eps I *haven't* seen.... gah... Actually I think that's the only ep I haven't seen...
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              I seem to have misplaced the email address to send the huggy photo. Would someone be so kind and point me in the right direction again?

I think I also forgot to put an email address/screen name with my fat quarter when I put it in the post.
              Photos go to [email protected]

With regard to screen names and email addresses - you and most everyone else!

Please put a scrap of paper in with your name, screen name, and most importantly an email address so that I can let you know your precious hugs have arrived!

Kay aka Mumsey
              GABIT G4
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Grrr... I was just paging around, I wish I was going to AT3.... But then I'd have to find a way to get overseas....
                sigpic
                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

When I get Season one in the mail does anyone want to do a episode by episode discussion Group? We did that for a month over at DV and it was a blast.
                  You might want to check out this thread Maybe some catching up to do for you though

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44540

But I am willing to discuss it with you together without a problem. That is if I have time cause I hardly have time to watch SG atm haven't watch an ep in more then over a week

Miss it!!!

Comment

Did I read there was an extension on sending the hugging fabric? Only, I just realised that the end of September is next week and I kinda got distracted ... I'll have the fat quarter by the weekend but I can only hug it next week. Well.. technically I can hug it before then but I can only prove I've hugged it next week. So.. what was I saying again? Oh yes. Umm due date?
                    Last edited by PengYn; 20 September 2007, 02:19 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                      Did I read there was an extension on sending the jello hugging fabric? Only, I just realised that the end of September is next week and I kinda got distracted ... I'll have the fat quarter by the weekend but I can only hug it next week. Well.. technically I can hug it before then but I can only prove I've hugged it next week. So.. what was I saying again? Oh yes. Umm due date?
                      I have indeed extended the deadline, I will be sending out an announcement shortly, about the donations etc, but you can keep sending the fabric. I am looking at the end of October now.

Okay on the name... Can we stick with quilt of many hugs please... I can just see if it gets out that's the only colour fabric I will get and frankly that will be a dull quilt.... well not dull in the fact that blue jello blue is anything but dull but you know what I mean!!

The reason I picked blue actually has nothing to do with jello of any description. I did have a couple of reasons for picking blue which I can't reveal yet but will do so at AT3.

So Quilt of Many Hugs Fabric submissions remain open. Fabric to Mumsey at the GABIT snail mail address please with your name and e-mail address and high res pictures to Julia at [email protected]

huggles
                      Becks
                      G4

Comment

Thanks, that's good news for me
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                          Urgo.... that's one of the only eps I *haven't* seen.... gah... Actually I think that's the only ep I haven't seen...
                          One of the first I ever watched, because I was *made* to see it. It's a fun ep that has zero long-term character building, plot, etc but has some really fun and nice moments for all the team. Sam has a great scene where she's wandering down a corridor having an animated and vigorous disagreement with 'Urgo'...who of course can't be seen by anyone other than SG-1 It also has a couple of nice Sam and Janet friend moments- not exploring anything, just them making it clear that they have a good working relationship and see each other outside of work.
                          sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
                            <snippy>
                            Heeheei agree.... err, why did i bring up soap operas ewwwy! Oh and i agree, i was a little surprised by his email really, being only having watched some episodes.... but there ya gooo... and awesome stuff! I haven't gotten anyone into watching it... although one of my boyfriends at one stage did used to sit down and watch it with me! But i haven't got anyone into it that much, someone at work has watched all the episodes and likes the show but isn't a huge fan!
                            Watched all the eps but isnt a huge fan? Better look him straight in the eye and ask again. How can one sit through over 200 eps and NOT be a fan?

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

OT:

Spoiler:
                            I can't agree with you more. Starting from the beginning is the natural place to begin to see the evolution of Sam's character. You know, I kinda wish I had someone to sit and share the series with who hasnt seen it before. Sharing my love and passion and having them appreciate it and come to love it as well would be awesome. Heck, I remember when I started watching and how I eagerly looked forward to each week for every new ep. The excitement of it all was fantastic! The cliff-hanger one's were pure torture though..argh!

And very cute pic..2yrs you say? Wow! I think this generation is gonna outsurpass all others in their technology knowledge lvl (try saying that 3x fast ) Very cool though.

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                            Grrr... I was just paging around, I wish I was going to AT3.... But then I'd have to find a way to get overseas....
                            You and me both. Wanna go hide in some luggage headed for England at the airport?

When I get Season one in the mail does anyone want to do a episode by episode discussion Group? We did that for a month over at DV and it was a blast. Usually we would do one episode for one day so everyone could join in.
                            If one is started here I would love to join in. Just say the word as it would be a blast!

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                            One of the first I ever watched, because I was *made* to see it. It's a fun ep that has zero long-term character building, plot, etc but has some really fun and nice moments for all the team. Sam has a great scene where she's wandering down a corridor having an animated and vigorous disagreement with 'Urgo'...who of course can't be seen by anyone other than SG-1 It also has a couple of nice Sam and Janet friend moments- not exploring anything, just them making it clear that they have a good working relationship and see each other outside of work.
                            My fav part of Urgo is when the team begins singing 'Row, row, row your boat.." in different rooms at the same time in rounds. Was hilarious!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just a fly-by post before I head off to bed

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                              http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/ChopinGal/Fall.jpg

A = Acting
                              M = Makes it look easy
                              A = Amazing range of emotions
                              N = Not just another pretty face
                              D = Drama queen (in a good way)
                              A = Accomplished

T = Thespian
                              A = Alive and alert
                              P = Personal best, all ways and always
                              P = Proud of her work
                              I = Imaginative
                              N = Non-complainer, team player
                              G = Generous and gracious
                              That's great and so true Amanda makes me completely believe her when she's acting and she make me feel what her character is feeling too, Amanda has an amazing ability to drew you in both as a person (her personality) and as an actor (her skill) she's my hero
                              Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Photos go to [email protected]

With regard to screen names and email addresses - you and most everyone else!

Please put a scrap of paper in with your name, screen name, and most importantly an email address so that I can let you know your precious hugs have arrived!

Kay aka Mumsey
                              GABIT G4
                              Oooops *hangs head in shame* Mumsy I think I have forgotten put my screen name and email address in with my Fat Quarter I haven't sent my photo yet would it help to put my screen name and email in with that when I email it? *hides*

Well my visit in Samanda is short and sweet tonight, RL grrrr anyway see ya all tomorrow, night everyone (((((samanda's)))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I'm about 100 pages into "Band of Sisters." What stands out so far is how these women really don't see themselves as anything special. They're just doing their jobs. Real life "Sams"

Comment

Working...
                                X