No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here, which will be obvious by this post, I'm afraid, so if this has already been discussed I missed the thread and apologize heavily and repeatedly as needed. I just read on the Futon Critic that Amanda will be a regular on SG Atlantis.

I have only watched Atlantis a few times due to it's position to SG1 on the Friday night slate.

Perhaps it is the ensemble of the SG1 -even with the changes in Seasons 9 and 10- but I find it difficult to imagine Sam without the others -or at least one or two of the "old band".

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. ~Jules Renard

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad GW's back, I was lost without you all

Originally posted by Über View Post
      "It's what you do."
      Oooh Über I love your sig, very nice!!
      Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Hey (((Fa)))) you remember me don't you? Your former roommie, you know the one who took good care of you in Toronto supplying you with cough dorps I was wondering about those of us who do have charmed passes...any chances of another viewing

(how's that for sucking up )

And thanks for the link, I do think Amanda has a good chance of winning after viewing the clips
      I'll second that sucking up eh request I'd love to see it, from the little clip vid I saw it looks fantastic
      Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      I capped There but for the Grace of God... and to celebrate GW being back up again some caps

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...od/ishot-4.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-15.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-17.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-21.jpg

Sorry I really do like her hair, whatever everyone says, I think it looks great on Amanda
      great caps Eve and I like Amanda's hair that way too

Welcome to Samanda spacewenched!!

post lots, a word of warning though choking may occur if you eat or drink while reading this thread as you be laughing a lot lol, have fun

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Eureka!

Ha-ha! Found it!

Nothing like switching search engines to find something. This is the first time google has let me down.

http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...tinkansas.html
        Cool! Thanks for linking us up! Checked it out but will have to add it to the long list of fics I still have to read.

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
        For those of you who haven't seen Breakdown during a convention, here is an email from the writer & director John Bolton, with a link to his short film Many thanks to Sab from Broken Artists Pictures.

"Much to my surprise (and delight), my short film BREAKDOWN has been nominated for a total of four Canadian Comedy Awards. This means two things. One, it means that the film is (finally) online for everyone to see (our distributor Ouat Media has been holding it back for the time being as they're closing some traditional broadcast sales). And two, it means that I'm sending you this email asking you to consider voting for it online so that I have a chance to storm the stage at the awards ceremony in London, Ontario in October. We're up against a little film called "Bon Cop, Bad Cop" - by some estimates, the highest grossing Canadian film in history - so we need all the help we can get.

For those of you who haven't seen it, or even heard of it, here's the blurb for the film:

In May 2006, filmmakers John Bolton and Errin Clutton were given eight days and eight hundred dollars to produce the disaster film BREAKDOWN for the Crazy8s short film event. Unfortunately, they spent the first seven days in casting. On the eighth day, they cut together “Breakdown” with the only footage they had - the video from the casting session. This is that film. Starring Christopher Shyer (WHISTLER), Amanda Tapping (STARGATE: SG-1), Carly McKillip (ALICE, I THINK), Sonya Salomaa (THE COLLECTOR) and Winston Rekert (NEON RIDER) as themselves. A Crazy8s Film Ltd. Production in association with JB Productions and Maple Syrup. Distributed by Ouat Media.

And here's what to do:

==

1) Go to the nominations page here.

2) Scroll down to "Category - Film" and click on the links to watch the whole film and/or Amanda Tapping as "Mary Johnson" and/or Winston Rekert as "Homeless Man".

3) If you're a member of ACTRA (or UBCP), EQUITY, WGC, DGC or the Comedy Association - or if you feel like pretending you are - scroll back to the top, enter your info and vote away!

==

All for now. Many thanks, and I hope you enjoy the show.

Yours,

JB."

That's it, enjoy
        Awesome! I'm sooo glad someone found it cos I was going slightly nuts trying to find it myself. Kudos!

[QUOTE=rolleson;7079475]Scary as
        Spoiler:
        insert appropriate swearword here (lol)

...um, HELL?

er, yeah... I know..not very original but I'm full Dairy Queen and verry tired right now.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        I capped There but for the Grace of God... and to celebrate GW being back up again some caps

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...od/ishot-4.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-15.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-17.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-21.jpg

Sorry I really do like her hair, whatever everyone says, I think it looks great on Amanda
        I totally LOVE this ep...definitely in my Top 10. Thanks for sharing! *nods*

Originally posted by spacewenched View Post
        I'm new here, which will be obvious by this post, I'm afraid, so if this has already been discussed I missed the thread and apologize heavily and repeatedly as needed. I just read on the Futon Critic that Amanda will be a regular on SG Atlantis.

I have only watched Atlantis a few times due to it's position to SG1 on the Friday night slate.

Perhaps it is the ensemble of the SG1 -even with the changes in Seasons 9 and 10- but I find it difficult to imagine Sam without the others -or at least one or two of the "old band".
        Welcome Spacewenched!

Yes..Amanda will be on Atlantis but only just a few episodes. I totally forget which ones, but back a few pages a list was made of which ones she's slated to appear in. I'm not keen on Atlantis myself as I'm SG-1 all the way, but I'll definitely be parking myself in front of the tube on those nights.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Hi Everyone,

I'm glad GW's back, I was lost without you all
        *gasp* It went into the void?! eep, glad I was out hiking and didn't notice.

Well another busy night again...friend is having a game party so I'm off! Night all!

Comment

Hmm, I think it's going to be a bit weird as well, at least at first, but I think being a regular on Atlantis is going to open up yet more sides to Sam's character, so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, another year of Sam...even if S4 of Atlantis turns out to be crud, at least Sam will be in it.
          "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Today's vid from JM's blog had Amanda, David and Jewel all cracking up about something in a scene.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ukkingitup.flv

And many thanks to Famantha for the Breakdown link

BUT

I can't play it or download it I get a blank page

can someone download it for me? Pretty please and sad Puppy Dog eyes?????
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
              Hmm, I think it's going to be a bit weird as well, at least at first, but I think being a regular on Atlantis is going to open up yet more sides to Sam's character, so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, another year of Sam...even if S4 of Atlantis turns out to be crud, at least Sam will be in it.
              i know i've said this before, but i'm actually looking forward to sam being on atlantis *more* than seeing the sg1 movies. with atlantis, it's almost like a clean slate, AND, the things i didn't like about sg1's s9/10 will be left behind. at least i hope so .

i will say, though, that i AM looking forward to the second sg1 movie ('continuum'), but for the near future, it's sam being on another show and away from the things i didn't care for (daniel and vala show).

(((ben)))... just listening to a song and thinking of one of my best friends ever, who passed away last year. you will never be forgotten, my dear, dear friend.

so, yeah, sam on atlantis!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

In "Grace Under Pressure", "McKay and Mrs. Miller" and "The Road Not Taken", Sam was without the ensemble of SG-1, and she was fine with the SGA crew. She was able to hold her own. Of course I love her in SG-1, that's her "home" show, but I think she will be great anywhere and with anyone

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Today's vid from JM's blog had Amanda, David and Jewel all cracking up about something in a scene.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ukkingitup.flv

And many thanks to Famantha for the Breakdown link

BUT

I can't play it or download it I get a blank page

can someone download it for me? Pretty please and sad Puppy Dog eyes?????
                  I had the same problem. You have to upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 and then click on the link. It will open in WMP as a streaming video. I can't figure out how to download it, but I suspect some of our more media savvy members can figure it out. But you can watch it in WMP 11 in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                    I had the same problem. You have to upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 and then click on the link. It will open in WMP as a streaming video. I can't figure out how to download it, but I suspect some of our more media savvy members can figure it out. But you can watch it in WMP 11 in the meantime.
                    I was able to download the wmv. I converted to mpg for dvd, but it's an awfully large file. I'll see if I can convert to something else. WMP11 is a b**ch.

And I want to know what happened just before Joe's clip. Whatever it was, Amanda is losing it. LOL (I grabbed the flv for this too, so I can always convert to something else)
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Yes..Amanda will be on Atlantis but only just a few episodes. I totally forget which ones, but back a few pages a list was made of which ones she's slated to appear in. I'm not keen on Atlantis myself as I'm SG-1 all the way, but I'll definitely be parking myself in front of the tube on those nights.
                      She's going to be in 14 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i know i've said this before, but i'm actually looking forward to sam being on atlantis *more* than seeing the sg1 movies. with atlantis, it's almost like a clean slate, AND, the things i didn't like about sg1's s9/10 will be left behind. at least i hope so .

i will say, though, that i AM looking forward to the second sg1 movie ('continuum'), but for the near future, it's sam being on another show and away from the things i didn't care for (daniel and vala show).
                        )
                        Yeah, it is very much like a clean slate...I'm quite excited to see her outside the SG-1 setting. It'll be interesting if nothing else.
                        "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

thank you homeless man! thank you! ahahahaha

Comment

I'm a fan of both shows, so I'm pretty excited to see Sam on Atlantis. (But I have to wait a year cuz I watch it in syndication/DVD! Oh well. ) I think Hallucination!Sam was great on Grace Under Pressure. I think she will fit in with the "new crew" just fine.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Mind if I share a cool AT-related moment?

I entered the recent SGA video contests over on YouTube. I did well, and placed in both contests. Yeah me! So, I received my nice prizes from MGM, and one was an autographed SGA S2 DVD set. Cool. Made me quite happy.

Anyway, my hub turned the DVD box over and asked, "Who's signature is that?" I had been so excited about the sigs on the front, I hadn't turned it over. Well, after a brief search on the Net, I discovered just whose sig it was!
                              Spoiler:

Both my hub & I are very, very happy.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                                Mind if I share a cool AT-related moment?

I entered the recent SGA video contests over on YouTube. I did well, and placed in both contests. Yeah me! So, I received my nice prizes from MGM, and one was an autographed SGA S2 DVD set. Cool. Made me quite happy.

Anyway, my hub turned the DVD box over and asked, "Who's signature is that?" I had been so excited about the sigs on the front, I hadn't turned it over. Well, after a brief search on the Net, I discovered just whose sig it was!
                                Spoiler:

Both my hub & I are very, very happy.
                                Wow! Congratulations!

Also-I thought MGM made YouTube remove all the SG videos? Are they letting them back up again?

Comment

Working...
                                X