Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Boy we have a bunch of talkative people on this thread
    Given the topic, is it any surprise?

Congrats ReganX
    Thanks.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Here is another part of DH interview that I enjoyed and since this is the Sam thread I'll stay on topic It's about Sam/Amanda

Spoiler:

GW: Those two characters, Carter and McKay, have been bouncing off each other on an occasional basis for, like, six years now? Since you did "48 Hours?" So now she's not only a regular, you're in there almost the entire season together -- but the relationship is different because she's your boss.

DH: Yes, which she never fails to point out. Not so much Amanda as Carter. Yes, that's definitely a bone of contention for McKay, and it is addressed in a very amusing way in the episode where she gets thrown into power, as the case may be. So that's really, really fun stuff to play with. I'm looking forward to that. It just adds a nice dynamic for McKay to play with.
      I like the fact that they address her command issue with Mckay from the get go in a funny way! also the fact that Carter is thrown into power is another moment that I like!! Because it means it's part of a story arc... It gives us a glimpse as to how she ended up on Atlantis. Weir doesn't disappear with no explanation. Something happens to Weir and Sam is thrown in to take over. It sounds like they actually address the issue and Sam may have some adjustment period which I am also looking forward to.

... snip for space another part of a Q/A...

DH: McKay is never good with women, so I say the more women characters who come in the better. He doesn't know what to do. Especially if they're smart. And Carter, of course -- I love that dynamic. It's fun to find. We're doing scenes where we're in peril and there's all sorts of techno stuff going back and forth, and it's just fun finding those little moments of conflict, where you get to butt heads.
      It doesn't sounds like it will always be Sam/McKay banter. He say "little moments" not scenes. I like DH/AT acting oppoiste one another! The banter between McKay/ Sam does get old from early years... but the later years I enjoyed RNT and GUP. So the little moments of butting heads is ok with me

Comment

Hey everyone,

I wasn’t able to get online for long yesterday. I really only have a vague idea of what transpired after I last posted, but it seems like I stirred up a hornet’s nest. I just want to apologize to everyone (and in particular to Sky) for exacerbating the situation. When I posted, it was late and I was tired and cranky. I had also been reading a lot of not-so-nice comments here and there about Sam and AT, so my defenses were already up. I really do try to hold my tongue and not post when I’m upset, but sometimes my temper gets the better of me. Perhaps I should have worded my response to mywraithcommander’s posts more tactfully.

Needless to say, I agree that we all have our personal standards of what is and is not inappropriate on television. Although I disagree with mywraithcommander’s opinion on the subject, he or she has the right to feel that way. My objection to his/her posts had less to do with his/her opinion and more to do with the way those opinions were expressed. Similarly, he/she had objections about the way my post was stated and I do agree that I could have expressed myself better. Mywraithcommander, if you are reading this, I am sorry if your feelings were hurt in any way. Although I know I will not always be successful, I will try to be more diplomatic in the future.

Melora

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          Here is another part of DH interview that I enjoyed and since this is the Sam thread I'll stay on topic It's about Sam/Amanda
          Spoiler:
          That sounds promising. It sounds as though Sam isn't going to immediately set foot on Atlantis and be universally welcomed and loved, and if she's "thrown into power", command of Atlantis may not be something she seeks so much as a role that is thrust upon her when Weir is no longer able for it.

If there are "little moments of conflict", then we may not have to worry about Sam's interactions with the Atlantis crew being restricted to verbal sparring matches with McKay.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

hey everyone, first time on thread
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vark10 View Post
              Hi vark10, welcome to the thread and I hope you have a lot fun here
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hi vark10, welcome to the thread and I hope you have a lot fun here
                yep what she said! welcome

Comment

ty very much
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                    Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.
                    *sends in the clowns...

mwahahahaha

btw, I'm pouting right now...pouting because I can not attend Comic Con this weekend. So, please, just leave me to my pouting. Don't let it put a dark cloud on your time there. Go on, have fun without me. It's ok...I'll live.

*sniff, sniff

I seriously hope you all attending Comic Con have a BLAST! Oh yeah, say HI to AMANDA for me if you get a chance.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      What's wrong with Sam wanting to kick someone's donkey? I mean, I'm sure Schrödinger wouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! That was lame

Ok, story related to that image and why it says what is says. I collect 'buttons' *with sayings on them*. I found one a few years ago that reads "I'd kick your *** but this is my best dress" It's my fav and I find it funny since I rarely wear dresses anymore (what's the point? No guy around to appreciate how I look in one and panty hose are EVIL! EVIL I tell you). When I saw the image of Sam (looking ever so HOT in that dress) I had to make that image. I mean, we all know that Sam is a kick *** woman.
                      sigpic

Comment

After all my boyfriends, at least Shrodinger will never leave me... I hear taxidermy can do wonders.

AD *wishes* he was being held by Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          ass isn't a 'bad word' as far as the profanity filter is concerned
                          AH...but it is a SWEAR word and we all know those aren't allowed here. Someone will report me to a mod (again) rather than talk to me directly about it. I'm just covering my "donkey" so I don't get into anymore trouble and have my brilliant work snipped.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                            *sends in the clowns...

mwahahahaha

btw, I'm pouting right now...pouting because I can not attend Comic Con this weekend. So, please, just leave me to my pouting. Don't let it put a dark cloud on your time there. Go on, have fun without me. It's ok...I'll live.

*sniff, sniff

I seriously hope you all attending Comic Con have a BLAST! Oh yeah, say HI to AMANDA for me if you get a chance.
                            No! Not the clowns!

And I will have a blast! And I'll take tons of pictures and such and share them with you all. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              No! Not the clowns!

And I will have a blast! And I'll take tons of pictures and such and share them with you all. Yay!
                              Yes! YES the CLOWNS! <weg>

Safe driving when you head down Comic Con way! I'll be there in spirit and I have a feeling that my evil twinny and other friends there will call me at least ONCE while drunk.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vark10 View Post
                                Welcome aboard. We have penguins, polar bears and now I see another badger to add to our ranks.
                                This calls for a beer and brat toast.

thanks everyone for your congrats for my loquaciousness, ok let's call it what it is--ramblings. 5,000
                                Hic Comitas Regit.

Comment

Working...
                                X