• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    Sean Bean = fworrrr
    Oh yeah, he's a hottie.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Amanda is mentioned briefly in today's entry of Alex Levine's blog.

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Glad you had fun in Australia!

I'm currently sulking. I thought that given as I've got nothing better to do, I'd type up the fic that I've been handwriting. The problem is (And I'm telling you, this fic was an absolute labour of love), my papers have disappeared. All I can find is the prologue and the first page of the first chapter. I suppose it's enough to give me the feel so I can recreate it, but it was so.... perfect.

Grrrrrr.
        Oh god, I know what that feels like. Last time it happened to me I just consoled myself with the fact that it had been so long that my writing had improved and I would do better this time. Still unbelievably frustrating and upsetting though. On the plus side, its something personal you're misplaced, and not a student's work or something...
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          Amanda is mentioned briefly in today's entry of Alex Levine's blog.

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/
          Thanks for the link!

Perhaps they should hire Breanna on as a consultant for the upcoming season.

Comment

hey girls!

got some question for you, I bet you will be able to answer very easily.

For me it's hard to remember episode names, especially cause I always got to think about, what they are named in German and English and often mix it up a little

I need some scenes from Stargate which have anything to do with "time". Would be great if you could help me out a little with finding episodes, that could be useful! I e.g. think of the moment, when Sam found out, that a wormhole can only be open 38 mins and when she discovers, that a travel takes 0.3 seconds (was it Ripple Effect?). 1969 would fit great too, i think!

Hope you all can pop up with some great ideas

Thanks, Mick - luv you all!

(((Samandans)))

...the scenes haven't got to be with only Sam or any special character in it!

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed View Post
              when Sam found out, that a wormhole can only be open 38 mins
              EDIT: Matter of Time, Chain Reaction, uhh....RE and Moebius have stuff. Zero Hour. Singularity has a watch in it.

EDIT again: would stuff like Torment of Tantalus or things that have a deadline work? or are you looking for pictures of clocks/watches/countdowns?
              Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 18 April 2007, 01:52 PM.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Just found an article in the Vancouver Courier that has a short paragraph (2nd from the bottom) about last weekend's Cancer Society Event that Amanda emceed. The reason I am posting this is that there is also a picture of Amanda and her husband that's a bit bigger than the ones we've seen so far. Scroll past the article to see the picture.
                You can find the article here.

P.S. Hope everyone is doing well.
                Last edited by Dani76; 18 April 2007, 03:01 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

i'm about to start reading the made-for-amanda story 'Symbiosis' off of amanda's site. the font is too small for me (and enlarging it doesn't do anything), though, and i'd also like to read it in one big file thinger. is this story put up anywhere else?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i'm about to start reading the made-for-amanda story 'Symbiosis' off of amanda's site. the font is too small for me (and enlarging it doesn't do anything), though, and i'd also like to read it in one big file thinger. is this story put up anywhere else?

sally
                    Try copy pasting it onto word that is how I read it yesterday and it is so worth it if I may say so...it has become an amazing peace of artwork

And Sally if you had said that yesterday I could have given you my word file...but I deleted it today sorry...

Just copy paste it in word...that is the easiest

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      Thank you Sky...I really do appreciate your help in this...I get so nervous I forget what I want to ask...I'm going to write it all down this time!

On that...I gotta choof off...night night all, take care, be safe, be happy and

hug your loved ones!!

(((Samanda)))
                      writing it down is good. how the heck do you think i kept my wits about me with amanda?

i had a nice sheet of paper with all my questions

If you don't think it's too personal, and i think he mentioned it in my interview, you could ask him about his kid's basketball game.

oh, and little trivia..in ascesion..that photo of dad and 'sam'...it's really carmen's real life daughter. she just looks a lot like amanda might have looked as a young girl
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        Okay, ready now. How about Sean Bean? (Sharpe) When Amanda is ready, so will he be. He's a great actor and could handle the part very well.

Kay aka Mumsey
                        (still smarting )
                        smooches mumsey. hey, rda would be just too easy

oh, how about david tennet?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                          Try copy pasting it onto word that is how I read it yesterday and it is so worth it if I may say so...it has become an amazing peace of artwork

And Sally if you had said that yesterday I could have given you my word file...but I deleted it today sorry...

Just copy paste it in word...that is the easiest
                          that's what i need to do to read the ending.

i never read online i always read offline, so i c/p a lot of fic into word to read at my leisure. the 'bad' thing about symbiosis is that it's so many chapters that it takes a while

maybe if we beg kamil he might put it up on the site in one chunk some day

sigpic

Comment

If you're using Internet Explorer: View -> Text Size -> Largest.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              If you're using Internet Explorer: View -> Text Size -> Largest.
                              Pffffffffft! Who uses IE these days? Except my backwards girlfriend, that is!

I tend to read fic online but I get frustrated when long fics aren't split into chapters. When my eyes hurt and I go away, I come back to find I've lost my place. Really frustrating.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                                Pffffffffft! Who uses IE these days? Except my backwards girlfriend, that is!

I tend to read fic online but I get frustrated when long fics aren't split into chapters. When my eyes hurt and I go away, I come back to find I've lost my place. Really frustrating.
                                I'm sure it'd be something similiar on Firefox, but I'm at work and can't check what it is

Comment

Working...
                                X