Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    Amanda was once again the MC for the Canadian Cancer Society's Diamond Ball.

A couple of tiny photos can be seen here:

http://www.catherinebarr.com/vancouv...all/index.html

thanks for sharing, parsifal!

(darn pics are sooo small)

isn't amanda perdy?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

ooh, good one. how about sean connery?

i'd say richard gere but he's so pretty and not vicious enough to be richard
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well if you are looking for a 40 something actor...the list can start with Brad Pitt Oh yea, I'd like to see Amanda do a movie with him
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

That makes 3 of us now this week!!
          Four. I dreamed about her and AT3 Sunday night.

Don Davis talked a bit about his artwork at the con. I didn't even know he was an artist until he told us! He was very sweet but he could tell some dirty jokes!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          thanks for sharing, parsifal!

(darn pics are sooo small)

isn't amanda perdy?

sally
          Yes! I love her hair. I know, I have a fixation with it. But the pics ARE too small.

Comment

I haven't yet decided if i'm going to fly up to Sydney to see Teryl...I have to work on the budget and hubby first...but fingers crossed I can go. As for questions for DSD...I have to think of some for when we meet next Friday...ask him about his hobby...I think he's an artist....IIRC!...who else are you going to meet?
            Well I get to meet Don again. We get to meet John Rhys Davis again too. Also Aron Douglas from bsg (here is the full guest list)

Last time Don was here so was Amanda and Teryl. That was so much fun
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Sadly, I think Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart may be a bit over the age requirements if we are talking about a role that Amanda would do in another 20 years when she's 60. At least that's what she said isn't it? This was a part she'd love to do in another 20 years when she's around that age?

But if we are just talking about actors now, oh yeah, both would be great.

Hmm, how about Johnny Depp? He's very good at transforming himself into his character. Oooh or maybe Denzel Washington?

ooo ooo ooo or Ralph Fiennes??

I'm not sure about this particular part, but I'd love to see Amanda work with Forest Whitaker too. Oh and Hugh Laurie. Ok, that's it for me I promise.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 April 2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Well, as long as we're making wishlists, how about Clive Owen, Jude Law or Ewan McGregor? And an enthusiastic second for Johnny Depp and Hugh Laurie.

ETA: OK, Jude Law and Ewan McGregor are 35, but whatevs.

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                  Oh, wow.
                  I will definitely ask about the pantyhose And Teryl. Heh.
                  *ETA*
                  *puts on a whiny voice* Cheeellle, why aren't you on msn?
                  Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

You know Teryl is so funny. And put Amanda and Teryl together and it is double fun I always love the Terleen and Minnie thing they do in one of the extra's... always have me laughing
                  And as the ETA: Cheeeeeeeeeellllleeeee why aren't you on yahoo messenger
                  Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                  Hehe *starts a chant*
                  We want Chelle! We want Chelle!
                  Hey girls...gee I feel like miss popoularity here today....thanks!!!
                  I'm not on my computer so no msn or yim...but with all my fingers and toes crossed I shall be online tomorrow morning!
                  I love Amanda and Teryl...when they work together it's fun...why did they ruin it???...buggers!!
                  Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  Yep, he's a very talented artist.
                  If you'd like to see some of his work, you should chect out his art gallery site.
                  He has a couple of nude drawings on there, but my favorite are his paintings and carvings.
                  I'm not positive, but I could have sworn that Amanda mentioned at AT2 that it was Don who had gotten her interested in painting. (See I managed to keep my post on topic as well.)
                  Thank you for the link...might do a little homework before I meet him next week!
                  don could charm a nun out of her habit
                  oh, ask him about his wedding. amanda did a really cool thing.
                  Spoiler:
                  don and ruby were married on a boat and amadna had the driver go by her house...it's on the water...and she had a huge 'congratulations' sign made and hung it from her deck
                  OMG...that is so cool...you know it's funny...I always pictured Amanda living further inland sorrounded by trees!!
                  Thanks for the heads up Sky...I'm feeling more prepared now for Don...now what about Carmen??? Anything I should ask CA???
                  and who should be her richard burton?
                  I asked her that at AT2 but she hadn't thought of anyone so...any suggestions for a 40-something actor that can play richard?
                  and triple bonus points if y'all don't mention rick.
                  D'oH...I really really wanted to say RDA but now I have to think of someone else...lets see.....how bout that guy she starred with in Void....I can't remember his name.
                  Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i had a dream too!
                  i had a dream about sam going to atlantis...

sally
                  Wow....number 4....cool...what is it about dreams with Amanda?? I mean I don't mind but we're all having them around the same time.
                  Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  More like 50 to 60 something. I think Patrick Stewart ought to at least get the audition.
                  Mmmmm...I like PS...but I think he'd be a bit too long in the tooth by the time Amanda was ready!
                  No way to Sean or Richard Gere...I think Sean Connery is awesome but way too old for Amanda...as for RG...nahhhh....can't see it!
                  What about Michael Shanks??? By the time Amanda will be ready then MS would be practically right...he is only 5 years younger than Amanda!
                  Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                  Four. I dreamed about her and AT3 Sunday night.
                  Five...Jena...not you too??? At least you all have nice dreams...mine was not so nice

6.30pm and I'm all caught up...this can't be!! Hubby is going to make some dinner for me later and is taking Niki to dance class tonight...I really do feel so special today...and it's not even my birthday!!!!!!
                  I'm off to watch Wormhole Extreme...glutton for punishment...but it's next on my list!!.
                  Back later!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

OMG...that is so cool...you know it's funny...I always pictured Amanda living further inland sorrounded by trees!!
                    Thanks for the heads up Sky...I'm feeling more prepared now for Don...now what about Carmen??? Anything I should ask CA???
                    ooh carmen. he is such a sweetheart. i mean it, he's an adorable man. the sweetest guy in the world.

look back in GW's archives, i got to interview him last year. (and i still have his phone number on my caller id...won't ever use it but i have it)

umm, he's done a lot of roles beyond scifi, in the west wing and others. check him out on www.imdb.com for a list

you could ask him the weirdest thing he's ever done in a role. and about working on broadway back in the 60's and 70's.

ooh, he did do some other show lately where they had him wear a hear piece...dude had hair. it was kinda scary cause he's so sexy bald
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh carmen. he is such a sweetheart. i mean it, he's an adorable man. the sweetest guy in the world.

look back in GW's archives, i got to interview him last year. (and i still have his phone number on my caller id...won't ever use it but i have it)

umm, he's done a lot of roles beyond scifi, in the west wing and others. check him out on www.imdb.com for a list

you could ask him the weirdest thing he's ever done in a role. and about working on broadway back in the 60's and 70's.

ooh, he did do some other show lately where they had him wear a hear piece...dude had hair. it was kinda scary cause he's so sexy bald
                      Thank you Sky...I really do appreciate your help in this...I get so nervous I forget what I want to ask...I'm going to write it all down this time!

On that...I gotta choof off...night night all, take care, be safe, be happy and

hug your loved ones!!

(((Samanda)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yay im back from holidaying in auzzie had a great time but i started to have Gateworld and Amanda Withdrawls which wasnt so fun so im glad to be back Yay
                        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Glad you had fun in Australia!

I'm currently sulking. I thought that given as I've got nothing better to do, I'd type up the fic that I've been handwriting. The problem is (And I'm telling you, this fic was an absolute labour of love), my papers have disappeared. All I can find is the prologue and the first page of the first chapter. I suppose it's enough to give me the feel so I can recreate it, but it was so.... perfect.

Grrrrrr.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I asked her that at AT2 but she hadn't thought of anyone so...any suggestions for a 40-something actor that can play richard?

MEANIE!!!

Kay aka Mumsey (off to have a think about another candidate.)
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Okay, ready now. How about Sean Bean? (Sharpe) When Amanda is ready, so will he be. He's a great actor and could handle the part very well.

Kay aka Mumsey
                              (still smarting )
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                Okay, ready now. How about Sean Bean?
                                Sean Bean = fworrrr
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X