Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starrgazer
    I don't call myself big boned, though - i get called big boned. it hurts and makes me angry. i'm very tiny, even in comparison to much of the rest of my family, and yet some of them don't seem to see that. (great example... it would seem my 'wedding ring finger' is around a 5.5... my sisters fingers are a whopping 9 or 10 depending... but she is a bigger girl - she's taller - but she's not fat either - and yet she still gets it from everyone. but yeah - my fingers are daintier for sure... and i'm just smaller than them...)

I wish we still lived in a time where voluptuous women were accepted. They actually have shapes to their faces and bodies and aren't just nicole ritchie bags of bones.

And when you start yelling at society, can I join in??
    Sorry my mistake, I should have said hearing themselves or others call them big boned.

It's just not right I tell ya.

Comment

Oooh licking.. Scari you know how to charm a girl

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      *licks Myrth* heh heh heh
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        Oooh licking.. Scari you know how to charm a girl
        :O

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          I'd love to go! But the paddle broke on my canoe, eh? D'oh.
          Hehehe...yeah well no amount of paddling's gonna get me there...it's just too darn far I'm afraid!
          Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          I have to disagree with this. If we, as adults, don't start making the use of penis and vagina acceptable, then the corse and vulgur "nicknames" for them will continue to be used. As a performer I think now more than ever children need to be encouraged to EXPRESS themselves, regardless of how uncomfortable that performance may be for adults. Personally I think it's BS that they were told they couldn't do that particular monologue because of the word vagina. I'm willing to bet you that is exactly WHY they were not supposed to do it. I applaud those girls (not for breaking the rule, but for sticking to their guns and taking the punishment, no matter how ridiculous I think it is). The time for being uncomfortable about the proper names for body parts, specifically the ones that seperate the women from the men, is over, imho.
          I think as a whole, we humans need to get over ourselves. Nothing wrong with saying penis or vagina, especially in a play.
          But then, I'm probably way more liberal than you are. No worries though. It's all good.
          Here here...I agree...great post sunny!!

Ok...night night all, take care, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones!
          I'm off to check out that thread of mini's...huggles to you all!!
          (((Samanda)))
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            Sadly as long as there are celebrities, there will be folks like that "friendlystar" on ebay. What is unfortunate is that fans who REALLY want a celebs autograph will eventually be unable to get the autograph because the celeb will STOP doing autographs to keep noobs like that from making money off their "business" (aka their image and name).

That's why Ben Browder will NOT sign autographs much anymore. He got sick of folks getting his autograph and then selling it on ebay. Folks like that don't realize that for some actors, the autographs help supplement their income, especially when things are slow for the actor work wise.

TOTALLY UNRELATED:

I just posted the image of what I created for the cover of the Samandan story in the Samandan Story thread....if anyone wants to see it. Hope folks like it. It's a collage since I don't draw or paint. I make collages.
            See, that is why I totally think is disrespectfull...these actors take there time to sign autographs so the fans can enjoy it. And then because of some people who wants to make money out of it, they ruin it for the fan... And they really just make advantage out of an actor who wants to please their fans. What is really great.. I mean I think Amanda is great for giving out autographs and making time for pictures taken. I mean she didn't have to do that at all...But she did do it... And that makes Amanda so nice. And then hearing that some just use her genorisity(Sp?) and kindness...that really makes me mad, upset, angry,...

I can understand why BB stopped doing it, cause it isn't fun knowing that they use you...Cause that is what it is...they using you... But on the other hand I find it sad that true fans will have a hard time now getting an autograph cause of some stupid people... I mean to a fan sometimes an autograph is something to remember a great moment...remember the con they went to, meeting the person they look up to...

I know that one I meet Amanda, one day I hope, that I will probably not be that fond on an autograph, cause for me that isn't that important at all...yes it is great to have something written of her. But I rather remember all the little moments, and have some pics... Just so I can remember meeting her.
            I mean that is why I will never buy an autograph or something like it... Cause it is then just an autograph... unless it has some memories behind it... for me it isn't that important...

OT: Sunny I loved your artwork for the Samanda story...you did great and it is a good collage I love it...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              And what's even more irritating to me is if you go up on Ebay you will see an autographed photo of Amanda up for sell by Creation Entertainment as well. Asking price? $50.00US. Most of which I'm sure is going into Creation's own pocket. Which is why I won't purchase autographed photos from anyone other than Legends Memorbilia. At least then I know that the autographs are real and a part, if not all, of the proceeds are going to charity AND the autographed photos on Legend are only $35.00.
              if i get the yen to buy one, i go through the stargateautographs site...the proceeds ALL go to charity

I was beyond sickened one year at gatecon when i was hanging in the dealer's room and saw the lightspeed dealer grab one of the actors - figuratively - and get him/her to sign a bunch of autos....that they were telling later in the day

frakking profiteering

All the autos that i've gotten hand proudly on my wall or in a scrap book and i would never dream of selling teh non-personalized ones.

I know it's faster for the actor to non-personalize, but at times i wish they did all the time. that woudl make it harder to resell the autos
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                if i get the yen to buy one, i go through the stargateautographs site...the proceeds ALL go to charity

I was beyond sickened one year at gatecon when i was hanging in the dealer's room and saw the lightspeed dealer grab one of the actors - figuratively - and get him/her to sign a bunch of autos....that they were telling later in the day

frakking profiteering

All the autos that i've gotten hand proudly on my wall or in a scrap book and i would never dream of selling teh non-personalized ones.

I know it's faster for the actor to non-personalize, but at times i wish they did all the time. that woudl make it harder to resell the autos
                I only started getting autos from actors over the last, oh, ten years since I was too shy to even walk up at cons and ask them for it, even though it was part of the deal! But I always get mine personalized. It's something for me and me alone, and I want the actor to know that. And my name tends to be a conversation piece too. *g*

Sio
                Pixie's Haven

Comment

Originally posted by pixiesio View Post
                  And my name tends to be a conversation piece too. *g*

Sio
                  Tell me about it! *grin*

It's like .... hi, my name is Xcapte, you pronounce it "Karen".

ps-> I do love your name, though Sio! I think it's verry PURDY.
                  Last edited by minigeek; 13 March 2007, 05:35 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

It's my 4000th post who'd a thunk I could say so much

I had to make sure I came home to Samanda to make it, and just tell everyone what a great bunch you all are!!!!

and borrowing from Minigeek (althouth I still think her name should be changed to gadgetgeek)

*HUGS EVERYONE*
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      It's my 4000th post who'd a thunk I could say so much

I had to make sure I came home to Samanda to make it, and just tell everyone what a great bunch you all are!!!!
                      Hey, congratulations! Wow. 4000 inspiring moments from MANDY.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      and borrowing from Minigeek (althouth I still think her name should be changed to gadgetgeek)
                      Shaddap! My laptop is hooked up to a television in my livingroom, it is not THAT big of a deal. Sheesh, you'd think I invented a new form of geekness or something.

Comment

4 Hours and 30 minutes. *gulp*

I decided to get up off my butt and leave GW (although not GW-ers) for the evening. I'm heading straight from work to the Tup in Covent Garden.

Oh... and I've pinched a roll of toilet paper from the bathrooms (they always over stock the gal's loo's anyway) 'cause I left my tissues at home. Do you think I should take an extra one? Only, some other folks might need some too... although they were probably sensible enough to pack the kleenex.

Yay Mandy for 4000!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                          4 Hours and 30 minutes. *gulp*

I decided to get up off my butt and leave GW (although not GW-ers) for the evening. I'm heading straight from work to the Tup in Covent Garden.

Oh... and I've pinched a roll of toilet paper from the bathrooms (they always over stock the gal's loo's anyway) 'cause I left my tissues at home. Do you think I should take an extra one? Only, some other folks might need some too... although they were probably sensible enough to pack the kleenex.

Yay Mandy for 4000!
                          Oh, GateGirl, I wish I was coming! I was supposed to be but every time I think my innards have settled, they blow up again. I'm just not fit to come up to London. Gargh.

Enjoy it and have a drink for me!
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            Oh, GateGirl, I wish I was coming! I was supposed to be but every time I think my innards have settled, they blow up again. I'm just not fit to come up to London. Gargh.

Enjoy it and have a drink for me!
                            With all the drinks I'm "having for people" I'll hit the floor before the episode even kicks off!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              omg, final episode of SG-1 ever tomorrow
                              Can't quite wrap my mind around the idea.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              I'd love to go! But the paddle broke on my canoe, eh? D'oh.

Must be catching. Same thing happened to me.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                              I'll be there in spirit.

{snip}

This season has put me in a rather nostalgic mood, which perhaps has dulled my senses of the absurd. A part of me still believes that the SG-1 I knew and loved was stranded in Egypt, and that the last two years have been an AU. But I've really, REALLY tried to enjoy the series. And while I think it was absurd for them to have Jack in ATL's The Return and not in the series finale, I've tried not to let it bother me. Back when I was a noob, I proclaimed that I would never stop watching SG-1 until the end, and I'm glad that I never had to do so.
                              I feel the same way. I still maintain the show as we have it is an AU, but at least the last half of S10 has managed to redeem it a bit. Enough so that I wouldn't have minded seeing it continue. And even though I really do think it's time for it to end, I can't help but feel a little sad.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer
                                And of course I'll buy the sushi... *homer drool* suuuuu-shiiiiii
                                I didn't mean that SERIOUSLY you nutball!

Comment

Working...
                                X