Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    having a little fun with photoshop. see where our girl is going next season?
    She is going to Seattle!!! That is awesome.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer

Snugglable - this is my new sword!!!!! And the death glare that resurgamlaura is giving along with everyone else's nice words are my shield!!! (too corny?? hope not!!)
      Nope, not too corny! I'm not much good as a shield I'm afraid-too puny - but you're got other people out there so its no problem. And if you fancy sending a smidge of that snugglability across the Atlantic I would appreciate it- my shoulders have started to become horribly bony and not at all cuddly-all this stress is messing up my usual food habits
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        ((((((SG GATO)))))

sorry to make you cry

Please keep posting here!!!! you rock...what you haven't done on the celeeb voting page is amazing!!!! You really amazes me that every month you still are voting for her... keep supporting Amanda...I think that is great!!!

Yes it is nice to come here and to read everyone elses post...to see how the other think about everything and all...It is nice to see so many different people from all around the world...come together just for one person...everyone of us has another way on the fandom...but even then we still are fans...
        Some have seen her on many occasions, some only once and some still hope to see her one day...But this is also what brings us together...

This one amazing person: AMANDA TAPPING

also because of her we worked together... every week we see things made for others, made together... just to show eachother that we like eachother. That is the beauty of Samanda!!!

And I am sure most of us will keep seeing eachother on other forums but most importent here...Cause I can't think of anyone who will leave Samanda after SG-1 and SG is done...Cause it is more then that...it has become more than that now...We are a bunch of friends together... And that is something they can't take from us...the friendship we made!!!

Ok is it normal to make yourself cry with a post?!? Cause I just did that... I think I am actually starting to realize that it is the end cause of all the talk...

Huggles
        Eve
        That was a great statement RepliCartertje. I know that i haven't been here long, a matter of days, but i know that i'm going to continue talking about Amanda for a long time because she's the greatest and no one can stop loving such a wonderful woman because the series she's appearing in is ending. I love Amanda now and will always, jsut because she's so down to earth and..basically herself.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
          I have always wondered how low some people would stoop to in order to make a buck/looney, but this is incredible. It makes you wonder if Amanda will
          hold off signing any pictures, napkin, or aything else in the future.

I can hope that eBay does take down items by this person and cancel's their
          account for anything in the future.
          i dunno if ebay can take it down...but we can sure spread the word about just how this person got the autos to sell. i'm sure someone will buy them, but many, aware that they amanda's generosity was taken advantage of, just might think twice
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer View Post
            (our internet just reconnected! woohoo - let's see how long it lasts this time!)

Phew - ok so I'm not the only one that's upset by this. I was worried that I might have been out of line with my anger - although my fam agrees with me...

I found that ebay link on the weekend, and sent a rather nasty personal note to the person via my ebay account. Ok, it wasn't nasty, exactly... but I just pointed out that I hoped they were donating any money they made off of the pics to the VM beneficiary, because AT was there for a good cause, and making money off of that was rather lowly. They didn't write me back... yet, anyway.

They did the same thing with Lauren Collins too. No one bought the AT pics, and so far no one has bid on the LC ones either.

Jerks.

Anyway - given that the connection is still being finicky, I just wanted to give my two cents worth on another two topics I've sorta caught up on.

AT is NOT overweight - at all!! I can't believe people would think that. And maybe I just shouldn't get in on this whole weight thing. I've been hearing for the last... oh more than a decade... that I'm over weight. Big boned. That it runs in the family, and I should try to lose some of the weight... granted, I have now lost some of the weight - but someone in my family still pointed out to me at Christmas that I was still chubby. It bugs me...

And my last very sad topic. Last ep of SG-1 tomorrow. *crying* It's hard to believe - and so, SO sad!!

Ah well - as you all said - we will have Sam in SGA S4... and AT in her other projects... but it's still not quite the same. *sigh*

Ok - gonna post this now!

Miss you all!! Hugs to everyone!

Cheers,
            Starr
            WHAT!!?? You are sooo not over weight what's that about?! You're size is great!! what are those people talking about. It's like AT isn't over weight either, man people tend to point the fingure fast for no reasons!!! oy!!

Comment

Thank you

And woohoo on 100 posts!!! Congrats!!!
              Woohoo! I didn't even realize it 'til you pointed it out! *g*
              Pixie's Haven

Comment

i dunno if ebay can take it down...but we can sure spread the word about just how this person got the autos to sell. i'm sure someone will buy them, but many, aware that they amanda's generosity was taken advantage of, just might think twice
                Put in false bids, push the price up to a couple of million dollars. That'll get it removed
                Last edited by Agent_Dark; 12 March 2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Maybe if someone tells them their fakes they'll take them down. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                    Put in false bids, push the price up to a couple of million dollers. That'll get it removed
                    I went spying over at ebay and AT pictures are not listed in the items the jerkwad's (that was censored) list of items for sell currently. But that doesn't mean that they where already purchased.

Hold on second.

I went through the feedback as well I didn't see anything there either.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Hi Aimee!!

My Mum says that you are VERY welcome - it was her pleasure!

And I love the pic - it's great !

Have fun on here - and we should definitely get together the next time you're in TO!

Hugs,
                      Starr
                      COOL!!! IT'S A PLAN!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                        Maybe if someone tells them their fakes they'll take them down. Maybe.
                        two wrongs do not make a right.

we can't lie
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pixiesio View Post
                          Woo!

Ugh. People seriously suck.

*blinks* You're joking, right? You are SO not overweight, let alone chubby! *sheesh*

Sio
                          I agree with you on that one pixiesio Starr is far from any of these alligations!!

Comment

we can't lie
                            pfft, it's the Internet. No-one would care

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              Someone sent me a link this evening of a person who's auctioning off autographs from Amanda, which he received on March 3rd after her performance in TVM. A few of the fans who were there mentioned there were these folks who came into the theatre after the show, never came to see it, but snuck in afterward and thrust a stack of autographs at poor Amanda to sign - which she did - and then this person goes and uses it for their little business. Their eBay name is "thefriendlystranger". I suppose these poachers aren't doing anything illegal per se, but it still really rubs me in the wrong direction. Gah. I loathe that people can do this kind of thing. They're like the paparazzi, especially when they profit off the kindness of others.
                              Yep, it's really sad that so many people take advantage of situations like that. It was pretty obvious they were going to ebay the photos because they had a stack of them for her to sign and they were taking photos the entire time. It kind of ruins it for other people because here Amanda was giving of her time, without any security to make sure this sort of thing didn't happen, and people took advantage of her. Although I do believe someone from the play finally asked them to leave.

Comment

we can't lie

I know. It was just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X