Clear All

With an element of almost truth.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
      Tryptophan.

(but, psst, that tryptophan-lethargy thang is a folk myth. )
      Then it must be the football that puts everyone to sleep
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        That is one thing I have to do when I make it to the States (I'm gonna travel the world!). Watch a game of football. And get cushions thrown at me when I start comparing it to rugby.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Tryptophan.

(but, psst, that turkey-tryptophan-lethargy thang is a folk myth. )
          Ok than I'm tired for all those other reasons

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          I'm too old and broken to play football \

Hey, where's the smiling sticking his tongue out? I can't find him.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
            Ok than I'm tired for all those other reasons

I'm too old and broken to play football \

Hey, where's the smiling sticking his tongue out? I can't find him.
            Just type this without the space : P
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
              You're not wrong I'm stuffed even after promising myself I wouldn't over indulge. Also very tired not only from cooking and cleaning but that bird has that Tri-something in it that's almost like a sleeping pill.
              Tryptophan.

Shhhhh! Tryptophan sounds better than saying I ate too much and need a nap!

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
              That is one thing I have to do when I make it to the States (I'm gonna travel the world!). Watch a game of football. And get cushions thrown at me when I start comparing it to rugby.
              Great aspirations of traveling the world NZBG! As far as watching Football in the states it's worth a go. As long as it's the right team.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                Hey all...apparently emails went out to the top ten finalists for the video competition...and as I didn't get one, I guess I didn't qualify.
                I'm sorry Über I thought you did a great job!

Comment

No. Please don't help propogate this. The video is bootleg. It was taken against the explicit rules of the con. There's no way it has been approved by Amanda or her management and that was a stipulation that was made very clear to the entire group. I can't believe Amanda would like us to help distribute this as there was absolutely no videotaping allowed during the ceremonies (other than officially). And even the official video will need to be edited and approved before it's released.

There's obviously no way to police people's consciences, but I (personally) would like to see the link disappear from the above post. Here on this thread, at the very least.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Yikes, sorry, thats why I asked first Please remove it if possible....
                    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                    Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                      Sorry tagger, my mistake
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

No prob, I figured out how to remove I hope...
                        Thanks.
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                          It's not your fault. You had no idea. It's the videographer here in question. The rules were made very clear at the beginning of the AT2 event. Absolutely no video in the hall during the sessions. That con attendee might find she's no longer able to register for certain cons if she breaks their privacy rules so blatantly and then posts her footage like that. It is an invasion of privacy to videotape (anyone) without their knowledge, and at an event where it's prohibited, it can carry a ramification worse than that. The ramifications for everyone else will be that should there be cons like this in future, NO ONE may be able to take even their still cameras inside, as a result. That's extremely unfortunate for the rest of the folks. And frankly? It frustrates and saddens me that this person cares so little about the rest of us, she's willing to disregard the rules that blatantly potentially ruin future experiences for everyone.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Tryptophan.

Huh...well, I took me a nice nap.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There's still 25 minutes to midnight!

Comment

Wow, interesting day on the thread! I had to run to the guest room to check on my penguin buddies (staying with me until the series finale so I can personally ship them off to Bridge) to make sure they weren't attacked by Scari's squirrell. Don't worry, Major Sal, my penguins are safe, sound, and ready for battle!

Had a moment today with hubby and his brother today. They were talking about favorite stars and such, so hubby says the only actress he'd really like to meet is Amanda from Stargate. Now, his brother (confused boy) says, "Oh her, well, I guess she's o.k. but I'd rather meet that sexy blonde woman on the show." Hubby and I started laughing and realized he thought hubby was referring to Claudia (another gorgeous woman of the Gate). Hubby's brother is 17 and he thinks Amanda is the sexy one (well, duh). Now, I love both actresses and think they are both just beautiful in their own ways, so I get annoyed when certain fans think Claudia is there to appeal to the teenage boy pop (she is leather clad at times). Obviously, Amanda appeals to the teenage boy pop as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                Had a moment today with hubby and his brother today. They were talking about favorite stars and such, so hubby says the only actress he'd really like to meet is Amanda from Stargate. Now, his brother (confused boy) says, "Oh her, well, I guess she's o.k. but I'd rather meet that sexy blonde woman on the show." Hubby and I started laughing and realized he thought hubby was referring to Claudia (another gorgeous woman of the Gate). Hubby's brother is 17 and he thinks Amanda is the sexy one (well, duh). Now, I love both actresses and think they are both just beautiful in their own ways, so I get annoyed when certain fans think Claudia is there to appeal to the teenage boy pop (she is leather clad at times). Obviously, Amanda appeals to the teenage boy pop as well.
                                That's funny. I think Amanda has so much going for her...beauty just being one thing. I would love to see Amanda kick butt in some action/adventure movie...she could really pull that off. I think AT could be much more appealing to the masses than say Angelina Jolie in her action flicks...(nothing against AJ - loved "the Smiths" and "Tomb Raider") but AT really has a more sophisticated package. Plus, I think a nice action/comedy with her and Hugh Jackman would be incredible.

Now OT...Sam is one of the best character role models on TV...it's just a shame that the mainstream TV doesn't probably know her. I love to watch her...but I'm not sure that I'd like to see her on Atlantis for S4. I have mixed feelings.
                                This is great.
                                I told ya.
                                I can't believe we didn't do this years ago.
                                Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Working...
                                X