• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Samandan Motto

Play Hard

Party Hard
    Hic ... comitas regit
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 November 2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      Sally, I think you and several other people are misunderstanding what Amanda is saying. In my opinion, I think Amanda does look at the Sam/Jack story as a love story. There is no doubt in my mind that she believes that the characters love one another; however, what you and others fail to see is that not all love stories were meant to have a happy ending. There are people who fall in love every day who for one reason or another, never get together. There are people who get married and love each other deeply, but can not live with one other and end up divorcing. They may continue to be best friends afterwards and continue to love one another, but they simply choose not to do it as a couple.

thank you for your thoughts on this. it's something for me to think about, which is 'good' for me.

i've never been much of a fan of doom and gloom movies/shows. i might like my sam whump, but i like my happy endings more. so a ship being played out 'real' or not... i'll take my fantasy and happily ever after. it's why i partake in tv/movies/stories to begin with - to throw off real life stresses and disappointments and be 'entertained'.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
        *small voice* Is there any chance of not roasting turkeys either?

Happy holidays everyone!
        And Happy Bappy Poz!
        Happy Bappy?? LOL I think you missed your true calling! You should be named "CrazedPenquin!"

Thank you for the Happy Babby wish

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          NO! But I would have paid dearly to see it.

Personally, I would have doubled the amount I donated to hear Amanda sing if we could have seen her dance like Elaine on Seinfeld. That completely spastic dance makes me chuckle every time I see it. Now, I'm just guessing that Amanda can dance like that, but she's so naturally funny that I think she would be wonderful in a truly comedic role or doing something absolutely zanny like that. I know, I have a sick and twisted mind, but I still think it would have been amusing.

okay... *can* amanda sing? does she carry a tune (or drag it across the ground like my mom does ).

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I keep remembering little snippets from the weekend ...

Spoiler:
            Amanda told us that on the final day of S10, she and CJ and MS took some mementos home with them. She shared that she took her SG1 jacket and Michael took his leather Daniel notebook ... she started laughing about Chris ... she wasn't sure just what he walked away with but knowing him, she was betting that he actually grabbed his entire wardrobe.

She was sorry that she didn't start hoarding some of her stuff earlier. It sounds like the actors had to just scramble and pick up what they could on the very last day.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
              I've been away all day and the thread is marching on ... so gonna jump in here even though this may have already been said (if so, sorry) ...

Spoiler:
              Amanda interprets the "not exactly" line in S9 (which she spoke to Barrett when he was hitting on her) as Sam saying that she is not involved with anyone, that she has put herself in downtime (understandable after the breakup with Pete and death of her dad) just so that she can try to sort out her feelings for Jack and process where she's been and where she may be going. She needs an emotional time out.

I thought that was an interesting perspective from her as the actress creating her own backstory. I never thought of that option. It does make sense.

Spoiler:
              well, there went that one...

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                okay... *can* amanda sing? does she carry a tune (or drag it across the ground like my mom does ).
                sally
                With a mouth full of helium, it was hard to drag anything across the ground!

Her "ding, dong the witch is dead" was quite a rendition. She said that she cringed when she had to sing "Row row row your boat" for the one episode as she doesn't consider herself a good singer. A fan asked her to sing it for us and she got the whole room singing a round and managed to keep herself out of it. She was feeling so smug about that.

So ... "can Amanda sing?" ... the verdict is still out.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  well, there went that one...
                  sally
                  But Sal,
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't see that as all bad ... she knows she has to work it out and confront her Jack feelings and find a resolution ... so in the best of all worlds, that resolution will have her moving towards Jack rather than away.

Comment

The Samandan Motto

Play Hard

Party Hard
                    Hic ... comitas regit
                    names people, names-i want to know who everybody is-cuz I is very nosy
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Okay campers, I'm calling it a night. Packing up my toys and going to bed. It's been fun playing in the sandbox with you.

Stay safe all travelers, here and abroad. Busy week for travelers.

I'll return soon and post more piccies!

Cheers, CG

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                        The names have been held to protect the guilty ... actually, I just need everyone in the photos to PM me and give me the green light and then I can identify the Samandans all! Hopefully, everybody is okay with this.

'Night for now!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                          Lucky Canadians got The Return, 2 tonight and I'm told
                          Spoiler:
                          that Jack told them they should have brought Carter and mentioned her a second time as well. SGA does a really good job mentioning Sam and always makes her look good, so maybe Sam on Atlantis will be a very good thing.
                          The Return pt2 spoilers:
                          Spoiler:
                          Carter was mentioned twice, both times by Jack. After the reveal on how the plan worked, Jack admits he already knew because he'd 'Seen Carter crack enough codes to realise McKay was faking it' (McKay's attempt to break O'Neill and Woolsey out of the cell). The other time was when Jack and Weir were speaking at the end. Jack thanks Weir for coming back to save him and says 'but next time, consider bringing Carter along'

btw, Australia are 1-109 at lunch after winning the toss and electing to bat. Langer is unbeaten on 68. Go Aussies!

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                            But didn't you know, I've already answered your question

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Okay, I've been working hard to match faces with names, and this is what I've come up with. (Please do not repost images elsewhere)

Spoiler:
                            Minigeek

Kat,

Scarimor

CG

LadyJeep

Myblackrose

Shimmering Star

Sky

Spazz

Strix

TJ

Tsax (must be a pic of her pet )

Hehehe a little revenge for the teasing
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

But Sal,
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't see that as all bad ... she knows she has to work it out and confront her Jack feelings and find a resolution ... so in the best of all worlds, that resolution will have her moving towards Jack rather than away.

i can't green you, so *thanks*. that actually made me feel better.

i need a margarita.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                Rarely do I squee...but when I received that lovely little animation from OOOOOOOoooooobbbber many moons ago...I do believe a tiny squee issued forth before I was LMAO!

That thing always makes me smile.

Ok...you all will think I'm crazy (well those of you who don't already think that) but recently I've been catching the show "Reba" on Lifetime (patience, this does tie into what this thread is about) and it's hit me repeatedly...

Reba and Amanda have very similar qualities and they're both unafraid to be goofy!
                                I agree! too funny. They both act it up and can be hilarious. I've never met either of them although I have seen Reba in concert. I'm just going by interviews and behind the clips for Amanda and Reba's show.
                                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 November 2006, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X