No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH, I love the idea of AT and Hugh Jackman working together! That would be excellent! He is talented enough to keep up with her and they could do a great action adventure, maybe something like an updated Romancing the Stone (not remake, just similar).

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      Didn't AT say something funny about Olivia getting old enough to finally ask her to stop singing to her? Poor kid has mommy crooning lullabies each night.
      Ahhh...memories....I used to sing to my babies every night as I popped them into bed...and not once ever did they ask me not to...in fact it was actually the opposite...and my voice is horrible...people often think I have a cold...surely Amanda has a sweet singing voice...yes???
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        Had a moment today with hubby and his brother today. They were talking about favorite stars and such, so hubby says the only actress he'd really like to meet is Amanda from Stargate. Now, his brother (confused boy) says, "Oh her, well, I guess she's o.k. but I'd rather meet that sexy blonde woman on the show." Hubby and I started laughing and realized he thought hubby was referring to Claudia (another gorgeous woman of the Gate). Hubby's brother is 17 and he thinks Amanda is the sexy one (well, duh). Now, I love both actresses and think they are both just beautiful in their own ways, so I get annoyed when certain fans think Claudia is there to appeal to the teenage boy pop (she is leather clad at times). Obviously, Amanda appeals to the teenage boy pop as well.
        On the other end of the spectrum, my 50-something Uncle and his family have been considering dropping the sci-fi channel now that Stargate will no longer be on it. They watch SGA, but it's not enough for them to keep the channel. When I mentioned AT will be on some episodes next year, he asked how many, since he would consider keeping it then... I obviously couldn't answer, but told them about her new potential project.

Suffice it to say that if *that's* on Sci-Fi, they're keeping the channel .

Interesting to hear from non-fanatical viewers. BTW, my uncle HATES Claudia Black on SG-1 (loved her on Farscape, though), so she's not necessarily working for the other end of the spectrum, either.

Comment

You mean you have another tattoo now besides the one on your ....
          Hey..I was thinking of getting a tattoo of the stargate around my belly button...it's either that or a belly bar!!
          Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          So it was And it got louder, and louder, and LOUDER
          Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          And we paid more and more, and MORE for it to stop!!!
          Heeeee!!
          LOL...hehehe...good one girls...very funny!
          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Then it must be the football that puts everyone to sleep
          Nope...it's the cricket...it's so boring they put it on in the nursing home and everyone dozes off!! But we're winning at the moment!!

Night all...congrats to all milestoners...take care everyone, be safe and be happy!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Olivia's second birthday IS fast approaching.....

(this adorable headphone model is NOT Olivia!!!)

And of course, CG and Scari and I are just teasing. Actually Amanda does carry a tune quite well. She was being silly with the singing at the event (as was Thomasina - Thomasina most especially!). It was hilarious and all in good fun.
            ROTFLOL This was great, mini! We know that Amanda does play guitar and I'd like to picture her serenading Olivia with her guitar (which she vows that she will never play in public). She has jammed with Rick. Now wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall for that session? AT and RDA playing guitars together. Lovely image. I wonder if they both sing along to the music. I'm sure that her real singing voice is quite passable. She just may be her own worse critic.

Well, I looked at my clock and Avalon must be in full swing by now. The thread is about to explode again with incoming Samandan breaking news. Can't wait!

Comment

... It's the videographer here in question. The rules were made very clear at the beginning of the AT2 event. Absolutely no video in the hall during the sessions. That con attendee might find she's no longer able to register for certain cons if she breaks their privacy rules so blatantly and then posts her footage like that. It is an invasion of privacy to videotape (anyone) without their knowledge, and at an event where it's prohibited, it can carry a ramification worse than that. The ramifications for everyone else will be that should there be cons like this in future, NO ONE may be able to take even their still cameras inside, as a result. That's extremely unfortunate for the rest of the folks. And frankly? It frustrates and saddens me that this person cares so little about the rest of us, she's willing to disregard the rules that blatantly potentially ruin future experiences for everyone.

mg
              Distressing news and I'm hoping that the mods have already removed the offending post. Disrespectful of the event organizers who worked so hard to provide a fine event and of AT and fellow fans who may suffer the consequences, as you said, at future cons because of this.

I believe that G4 may actually be working on a CD or DVD from the GABIT events which can be released to the fans. John, the official photographer, is such a kind and gentle soul. He really did a huge amount of work all weekend to document Amanda's time on and off stage and to photograph every fan with Amanda. Kudos to a fine professional!

Comment

While we're waiting for other Samandans to start posting about Avalon, I thought I'd re-post one of the photos I snapped at last year's GABIT as AT was racing down the aisle during the auction. She is quite hilarious pitching the items and getting the bids to go higher and higher ... perpetual motion. So, here's the poem she inspired.

Amanda in Motion

She's a shooting star
                Racing through the universe
                Hard to keep her still

Whirling and spinning
                Rapid acceleration
                Forward and reverse

Completely alive
                Energized by all her fans
                Mischief on her mind

A quick look, a glance
                The lens cannot match the pace
                Here, and then she's gone

Blonde hair flying free
                Freeze frames are impossible
                Cameras won't work

Eyes instead, just watch
                Caught in her trajectory
                Spirit needs to soar

Comment

... AT and RDA playing guitars together. Lovely image. I wonder if they both sing along to the music.
                  Kumbaya my Lord, kumbayaaaaaaaah...

Well, I looked at my clock and Avalon must be in full swing by now. The thread is about to explode again with incoming Samandan breaking news. Can't wait!
                  Ooh, excitement. But they'll be too high and busy for a while, I expect
                  scarimor

Comment

here's the poem she inspired.

CG you have so much talent. That was wonderful!!

Hugs,
                    mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

So, who wants to take an Avalon bet with me that Amanda will be asked (or even required) by fans at some point to kiss Rick ?! Bets? Anyone?

-

Comment

Amanda in Motion
                        Wonderful!

So, who wants to take an Avalon bet with me that Amanda will be asked (or even required) by fans at some point to kiss Rick ?! Bets? Anyone?
                        What's your bet, mini? I'll bet a shippy icon (nnnng) that he gets "required" to kiss her first.

(why do I do this to myself?)
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          Cuz you're high?

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                            Wonderful!

What's your bet, mini? I'll bet a shippy icon (nnnng) that he gets "required" to kiss her first.

Haha! Love it. So if SHE has to kiss him first, there's a shippy icon from Scari. If HE has to kiss her first, then I'll ... hm I dunno, I won't have time to sketch anything for a while (work is insane), it'll have to be something small. I'll do a Sam/Janet icon?! Or maybe Sam/Teyla in preparation for S4 of Atlantis?

mg

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                              Hey all...apparently emails went out to the top ten finalists for the video competition...and as I didn't get one, I guess I didn't qualify.
                              They obviously don't have good taste.
                              sigpic

Comment

-
                                *Head desk* Oy, are we starting that again
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X