X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
    lol...why isn't there a vid of it...i would love to see that
    but it can't be that bad, can it?
    it was Thomasina's singing we paid to stop (she wasn't bad either, we were all just teasing!). Amanda I think we paid to HEAR sing. neither was terrible, they were being deliberately funny about it because it was part of the joke.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      it was Thomasina's singing we paid to stop (she wasn't bad either, we were all just teasing!). Amanda I think we paid to HEAR sing. neither was terrible, they were being deliberately funny about it because it was part of the joke.
      yeah i got that..but it's good to raise money for a good thing
      And i think it was a lot of fun! i'm so yealous on the folks who were there But i know my parents would never let me do it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
        names people, names-i want to know who everybody is-cuz I is very nosy
        I know TWO of them...the lovely lady laying across the others is none other than our wonderful tsaxlady. The lovely lady with the booze in one hand and balancing that glass on tsaxlady's hip it our own resident teacher-in-training, TJ!!

That's it. I don't know who the rest of those partying Samandans are.

*runs away before TJ or tsax can catch her....
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          The names have been held to protect the guilty ... actually, I just need everyone in the photos to PM me and give me the green light and then I can identify the Samandans all! Hopefully, everybody is okay with this.

'Night for now!
          whoops....the two I named can catch me....if they can.

mawahahahahahaha!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            I agree! too funny. They both act it up and can be hilarious. I've never met either of them although I have seen Reba in concert. I'm just going by interviews and behind the clips for Amanda and Reba's show.

Thanks! At least there are two of us that think like this.

I've not met Reba in person but have seen her at many concerts and telly interviews and she is a very down to earth person (much like our wonderful Amanda). Aside from Reba's political views and take on the whole Dixie Chicks bruhaha, I do like her.

I'd LOVE to see Amanda do a comedy similar to the "Reba" show.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Love ScariPoppins.
              Oh that's fab. Me thinks Scari has a new nickname.
              sigpic

Comment

Mmmm, Poz. I don't know if anyone has a pic of the hat, but I do still have it at home, so the minute I get home from work (I can't believe I'm still worknig at 10pm!) I will take a pic for you!

Eta: really knackered. Will try tomorrow. Need sleep.
                Last edited by Tracy Jane; 23 November 2006, 02:34 PM.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                  See I'm not sure about what a host can do. She couldn't stop Jolinar from doing/saying things otherwise she wouldn't have threatened to kill Cassie...but then the fact that Jolinar DID threaten to kill Cassie, or the fact that she went to see Cassie AT ALL suggests that Sam did keep information from her somehow. Why? Because Jolinar would not have come within a country mile of Cassie had she been aware that she had naqadah in her system because she KNEW that would blow her cover. And yet she did.

Then we get to the whole "threatening to kill her" thing. If she really knew Cassie from Sam's memories, she would know that this was unnecessary.

If she knew everything Sam knew, she would have trusted Hammond and her team more readily, knowing they were potential allies with a common cause.
                  The problem is that Stargate's been highly inconsistant in that respect in the early seasons. For example, Into the Fire when it's supposed to take time for the symbiote to take over the host... nice try, but never repeated again.

I think, perhaps (trying to ignore the not too blunt inconsistancies) the host can hide certain things from the symbiote, at least for a while. Since Sam didn't know Jolinar isn't a regular Goa'uld, she'd be fighting her. This would also support Kendra's claims in Thor's Hammer - she said she lured the Goa'uld into going to Symmeria. Had the goa'uld known she;s setting her up for a trap, it would have been less likely she'd allow herself to be manipulated. (There's also the riddle of why didn't Amonet tip Apophis off about Daniel and SG1 in Secrets, but that's a different part of the discussion, I guess.) Jolinar could prolly block things frmo Sam more easily, thus making Sam continue fighting her rather than helping her.

I'm not sure, however, she'd stop short at threatening Cassie even if she knows everyting about her. Cassie's a kid, who's terryfied - with good reasons - by the Goa'uld. She's not very likely to realise the fine distinction between Goa'ulds and Tok'Ra - just like Charlie dind't between Teal'c and bad Jaffa in Show and Tell, and TBH witht he way the Tok'Ra act, it's no surprise. Jolinar - mayeb out of her fear and desperation - comes off pretty nasty and arrogant in ITLOF. And at any rate, she'd do what needs to be done to survive - even if it means taking a host against her will or threatened a 12 year old. SG1 could indeed form a potential ally - but as we've seen in Tok'Ra (and afterwards, too), the rest of them weren't very embracing of the idea either - and they weren't at the desperate point Jolinar was. I think she panicked. She panicked and ended up making all the mistakes a Goa'uld would have done. Maybe that's the place to remeber the first years; inconsistancies - the Tok'Ra were much closer to the Goa'uld in behaviour in these years than they are later on - even tho they stay arrogant and annoying in those later years a well. As Jolinar says, some Gao'uld look for power for a great cause - but she doesn't deny at any point an actual search for power....
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

By how slowly the thread is moving, I think there may be many stuffed Samandans by now
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*crawls into thread, tries to catch breath, thanks everyone for AT2 reports, falls flat on face from not being able to hold own virtual weight from getting through about 30 or 40 (maybe more) pages in samanda, has to be dragged out of thread*

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
                        *crawls into thread, tries to catch breath, thanks everyone for AT2 reports, falls flat on face from not being able to hold own virtual weight from getting through about 30 or 40 (maybe more) pages in samanda, has to be dragged out of thread*
                        Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Mmmm, Poz. I don't know if anyone has a pic of the hat, but I do still have it at home, so the minute I get home from work (I can't believe I'm still worknig at 10pm!) I will take a pic for you!

Eta: really knackered. Will try tomorrow. Need sleep.
                          Thanks Tracy

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          By how slowly the thread is moving, I think there may be many stuffed Samandans by now
                          You're not wrong I'm stuffed even after promising myself I wouldn't over indulge. Also very tired not only from cooking and cleaning but that bird has that Tri-something in it that's almost like a sleeping pill.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                            Thanks Tracy

You're not wrong I'm stuffed even after promising myself I wouldn't over indulge. Also very tired not only from cooking and cleaning but that bird has that Tri-something in it that's almost like a sleeping pill.
                            Oh no, Poz has OD'd on....turkey
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Tryptophan.

(but, psst, that turkey-tryptophan-lethargy thang is a folk myth. )
                              Last edited by DEM; 23 November 2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Just a quick little note for all my American friends:

Have a great thanksgiving...I hope you all were able to spend it with family, friends, loved ones!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X