Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    The idea of time travel story given recent writing, fills me with trepidation. Oh the many ways it could go wrong...
    If TPTB screw it up, somebody can write a fix it fic and we can declare it canon.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      Spoiler:
      If something happened to Cassie, who has never, to the best of my knowledge, ever met Vala or Mitchell (lucky her), then the attention would have to be focused on the original team, Sam in particular.

I think Cassie's safe.

As far as Daniel goes, has MS signed on for the TV movies? I heard that he was the only one not signed up for a possible Season Eleven. If they do kill him, what on Earth are they going to do with Vala without her other half around?
      I haven't seen what you are talking about. But unless Sam is physically holding Daniels body with no hope of revival she probably wouldn't believe he was dead. After all he has died many times since the show began only to return.

Comment

If TPTB screw it up, somebody can write a fix it fic and we can declare it canon.
        hey why not

the writers are writing fanfic type plots and passing them off as canon...and getting paid a TON to do so
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          hey why not

the writers are writing fanfic type plots and passing them off as canon...and getting paid a TON to do so
          And they're not even handling those plots half as well as some fanfic writers have.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Hey guys? This is totally unfounded at the moment, but I heard at the studio today from one of the visiting directors that MGM is still shopping SG-1 around for an 11th season - in *addition* to the two movies (obviously it would have to be delayed and happen after the movies are over, but still). He said there's a loophole in some contract which they're trying to extort. He came by to discuss his own production materials and I wasn't even there when he mentioned the SG-1 tidbit - I heard second hand that he'd mentioned it and went to go find him before he left, he told me the same thing (conversationally). I'm inclined to believe he really did get this information reliably, but whether or not MGM succeeds or plans change in future, I don't know. I thought it was worthy of conversation/speculation though. But I didn't want to start a crazy GW fervor by posting to the main boards. Figured the Samanda family would have enough fun with speculation. I wonder what they're planning...

stargate seasons 1-8 back; yes. stargate seasons 9-10; no.

i'm not enjoying hearing this news...

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post

O.K., I'm going to take a different route than everyone else has taken. Since it is a time travel movie, why don't we get Moebius Sam and Jack's child and bring that one to the future. Give Sam the lead in the new series and let her deal with this daughter (?) who isn't her daughter exactly. She'd be smart of course, but having been raised by Geeky Carter, she would be very different from Sam. This way the series would be set in the present(ish). Wait, that does sound like a bad fanfic, but hey a real writer might be able to make it
              work.
              one thing about IF sg1 the show continued... i don't think we'd see amanda/sam as much as we used to. i feel her recent interview was kind of setting us up for the fact that amanda wants to spend more time with her daughter. so more sg1 with less sam/amanda...

i just want to tie up everyone, once and for all. i don't have faith that the current sg1 writing administration can write a wonderful sg1 anymore.

sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 09 November 2006, 05:54 PM. Reason: my ear fell off and my nose slipped down my face
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                Argh, the badfic is killing me!

how's this...

a female warrior, who dresses in tight leather. a spunky sidekick, who's humble and naive. together, they fight their enemies. and it's set in the very, very distant past with historical ppl and places added in.

sound like a stupid idea and bad fanfic?

it's xena: warrior princess. one of the best written, original, and different shows i've ever seen.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  The idea of time travel story given recent writing, fills me with trepidation. Oh the many ways it could go wrong...
                  So, I'm not the only one who watches new episodes more afraid of great pain than of great joy... And wondering if I will have to ignore the episode to be happy...

Good to know! Ah, the sad fate of a once excellent show.. Still think it's better than most of what else is on, though <sigh>. But, as Sally said:
                  Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  one thing about IF sg1 the show continued... i don't think we'd see amanda/sam as much as we used to. i feel her recent interview was kind of setting us up for the fact that amanda wants to spend more time with her daughter. so more sg1 with less sam/amanda...

i just want to tie up everyone, once and for all. i don't the faith that the current sg1 writing administration can write a wonderful sg1 anymore.
                  And, after 10 years, I can't help thinking both Sam and Amanda need a break! No One should be a foot soldier in regular combat for over 10 years. Geesh..

Comment

i just want to tie up everyone, once and for all.

sally
                    Now that would make an interesting fanfic.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      So, I'm not the only one who watches new episodes more afraid of great pain than of great joy... And wondering if I will have to ignore the episode to be happy...
                      that's the way i've been watching the show since mid season 7, and it got a LOT worse in season 9.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

how's this...

a female warrior, who dresses in tight leather. a spunky sidekick, who's humble and naive. together, they fight their enemies. and it's set in the very, very distant past with historical ppl and places added in.

sound like a stupid idea and bad fanfic?

it's xena: warrior princess. one of the best written, original, and different shows i've ever seen.

sally
                        but it doesn't include kids of characters so therefore it is not automatically badfic. Plus, Carter: Warrior Princess and her spunky sidekick Vala Maldoran would be awesome.

Comment

but it doesn't include kids of characters so therefore it is not automatically badfic. Plus, Carter: Warrior Princess and her spunky sidekick Vala Maldoran would be awesome.
                          Ah... yeah.......I'm thinkin' badfic on that one, too, AD. Sorry.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            Ah... yeah.......I'm thinkin' badfic on that one, too, AD. Sorry.
                            sif

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                              I wasn't accusing them of propagandising or distorting, AD.
                              God that's well written. I feel scholarly just reading it!

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

not to mention the fantasy of many folks on this thread...soemthing to keep them warm in the coming long winters nights
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X