No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh, I forgot to tell them that Sky's furry and cuddly too! Thanks for reminding me, Mini The only problem is the hairballs you kept finding in the Ren lobby
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      wheee, i'm FINALLY home and back in the land of civilization where they drive on the right side of the road, know what a fountain drink is, put ice in thier drinks and serve 'real' food

avalon was fantastic! a very lovely con.

as some have already said - and i skipped a lot of pages - sue, sio and i were lucky enough to be in the front row on the friday am session. I'm pretty sure i got some great pictures. I know we can't publically share them, but there might be a cd or two in the mail for folks' private viewing.

folks have already reported on sue's question and then the coffee.

it's my understanding that the original plans were to have rick at one table, amanda at another and kinda give folks twice the time with the actors. but rick really wanted amanda with him so plans were changed.

and yes, OMG, i got to sit right next to him. I was so nervous. not that i wouldn't make an ass of myself, but that i wouldn't do something to scare him off and make him regret the weekend. i think things seemed to go well and the coffee was fun.

then it was time for the pictures, and rick was such a goof! they'd take a snap, and he'd dash over to see the screen, leaving amanda and i standing there. she turned to me and said 'he's going to do this with every one' so we went over.. rick didn't like the expression on his face, so he had them take another one which he was happy with.

the auction friday night did start late, becaue photos ran over and i also understand that rick was getting really, really tired. He hadn't quite figured out how to pace himself yet while amanda did.

they did seem to havea lot of fun during the auction and rick seemed to be getting into the swing of things.

It was a great weekend and a wonderful time.

i have no idea how rick felt by sunday - personally i couldn't wait to get home - but i hope we made a good impression on him and he'll meet more fans in the future.
      So glad you all made it home safe and sound Denise and that you had a blast
      Plus Mini's been driving us nuts ;D! Glad the wet noodle of doom is back too!
      Oh and what question of Sue's was answered? Inquiring minds.
      Do
      Last edited by SG1Poz; 28 November 2006, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        AHH!! OH NO!! The Abominal, killer Furbie!!!!!!!!! Run fer yer lives!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          AHH!! OH NO!! The Abominal, killer Furbie!!!!!!!!! Run fer yer lives!
          That would be Furling!Skydiver ...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            And Sky, don't you DARE get out the wet noodle of doom.
            Oh, but I was wanting to see some Sky/Minigeek action. I had the camera out and everything.

My LJ

Comment

You know, Strix, you got a point there. Mini, Sky, all good. *sits back and relinquishes the chopsticks*
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                Oh, but I was wanting to see some Sky/Minigeek action. I had the camera out and everything.
                I can't. There's no Jello in the ring. Sorry.

Comment

I can't. There's no Jello in the ring. Sorry.
                  You need jello for Sky to go after you with the noodle of doom? I thought, I don't know, handcuffs and a headboard or something...

My LJ

Comment

That would be Furling!Skydiver ...
                    Oh right, Furbies are the sweet kind cousins of the killer furlings! My Bad!

Comment

I've spent the entire morning painting my dining room and there's loads left to do before it is finished. I decided to take a break and I must say I have great timing. I needed a laugh and y'all brought it big time.

But now I'm so disturbed by the.. erm... KillerFurbie? that while I really don't WANT to look at it... I keep scrolling back to it. I'm sickly fascinated by it. Help?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        No icon, but how about this instead

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7521/janhs5.jpg

ETA: I think that look on Janet's face is for you scari
                        Weeeeeeehoooooooo!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        wheee, i'm FINALLY home and back in the land of civilization...
                        Back from the wild frontier, huh? Glad you're back safe and sound, Sky. thanks for the Avalon report
                        Strix, you're such a perv.
                        scarimor

Comment

You need jello for Sky to go after you with the noodle of doom? I thought, I don't know, handcuffs and a headboard or something...
                          Wow. Clearly I have more fun with my noodles than you do, Strix. You HAVE to have Jello! The handcuffs and headboard come later.

OOC: I cannot BELIEVE I just found a photo of NOODLEWrestling! LOL! That is so wrong.

Comment

OOC: I cannot BELIEVE I just found a photo of NOODLEWrestling! LOL! That is so wrong.
                            OMG!!! That's Sky and mini!!!!!!!
                            scarimor

Comment

Just dropping by to ask you all to take a look at scifi.com at the scifi weekly Letters section. I was upset by the letter on Sam and Atlantis and the negative aspect of it especially since it is the first letter posted on the subject and I think we should all head over to sci-fi and inundate them with positive letters about why "Tapping is Welcome on Atlantis" and really let sci-fi have it. It bothers me partly because the heading for the letter says "Tapping" making it sound like people are against and negative to AT, the person, as opposed to Sam Carter, the character, and I think sci-fi is wrong to do that. I am also ticked because when the show was tanking in the ratings and there were tons of Complaints about the new direction and the new characters all over the place all sci-fi kept putting up were positive letters about it (and I know they got negative letters because I sent one and they never put it up there) and now the very first letter about Sam Carter on Atlantis and it has to be negative!!! If I did not know better I would swear they have some sort of weird agenda but instead I thought let's just write a ton of poitives so they have to post them. Any takers? I am going to write again, and again, and again and they will have to post one of mine this time.

Comment

Um... Err... Uh...

Yeeeeah.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X