No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those people are just plain cruel. They forget that behind every face they see on TV is a real person. They can't seperate characters from artists and they make cutting comments about the actors as people even though they have no idea who those people truly are. They PRESUME to know and the sad part is, they believe their own inanity. Some actors are far less caring about it (some are far less caring in general) but it's the ones who DO care; that take time to interact with their fans, that genuinely give of themselves, who make the most difference and who feel the most affected by those sorts of offhanded, cruel comments BECAUSE they care. Amanda is a class act in that way, and every opportunity we have to express to her how much we enjoy her work and her contribution is an opportunity best served by our showing her just how many thousands of voices there are out here from the people she's touched positively through her work and her giving. More than enough to drown out the few and the petty in between.

geeeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

First of all,

A BIG Congratulations, jckfan!
      Keep on chattin'!

And second,

AT rocks my socks, and is not allowed to read baseless neg crap online anymore.
      From this moment on, it is FORBODEN.

:menacingsnarl:

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        This should be good.
        On the other hand, I'd love to see Sam be the one to get rid of Ba'al once and for all.

With that article on Col. Preszler posted by ShimmeringStar, I wonder if anyone might ask AT how she would feel about taking a ride in an AF jet. I wonder if Col. Preszler knows about Sam Carter...
        I have asked her about going up in a jet after Ben and Joe talked about it at cons last year. She said she questioned why she never had a chance to do that and they said they didn't think she would want to. He responded that she wanted to and they were trying to work something out. I asked her the last time I saw her if it had happened yet and she said no but they, the AF, were trying to work it out for her to have the same oportunity the guys had. So a follow-up question in London would be in order if the chance presents itself.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          Those people are just plain cruel. They forget that behind every face they see on TV is a real person. They can't seperate characters from artists and they make cutting comments about the actors as people even though they have no idea who those people truly are. They PRESUME to know and the sad part is, they believe their own inanity. Some actors are far less caring about it (some are far less caring in general) but it's the ones who DO care; that take time to interact with their fans, that genuinely give of themselves, who make the most difference and who feel the most affected by those sorts of offhanded, cruel comments BECAUSE they care. Amanda is a class act in that way, and every opportunity we have to express to her how much we enjoy her work and her contribution is an opportunity best served by our showing her just how many thousands of voices there are out here from the people she's touched positively through her work and her giving. More than enough to drown out the few and the petty in between. geeeek

Well said mini, make sure you tell Amanda to stay away from those sites when you hand her the poster at Gabit
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Over on the S/J ship thread, someone shared a cool story about Amanda and the soldiers in Afganistan. They gave Amanda a bracelet to wear to remember them by and she wore it on screen and off until it feel apart. That's the kind of person she is! If Amanda weren't a famous actress but rather a coworker or (for some of you) a fellow student then I think we'd be friends. She is a great person first and a celebrity second. It is terrible that she has been subjected to bad press. I agree with Spaz, Amanda stay away from the negative stuff. Hang out with us right here. You can let Skydiver set up your user name and info, so we believe you are you. We'll keep those troublemakers away. We promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Well said mini, make sure you tell Amanda to stay away from those sites when you hand her the poster at Gabit
              LOL, I'll be too busy trying to remember how to form a sentence. Nevermind all that other stuff.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                I agree with Spaz, Amanda stay away from the negative stuff. Hang out with us right here. You can let Skydiver set up your user name and info, so we believe you are you. We'll keep those troublemakers away. We promise.
                Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone. I don't want to traumatize her or anything!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone. I don't want to traumatize her or anything!
                  LOL Don't worry Spaz! Amanda could hang with us just fine. I bet she could even teach us a thing or two. Think about the guys she's been working with for the past decade. Who knows? Maybe we could even find out what CJ did on that last day of filming!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                    My theory has always been that she is already here, but thanks to our cute little aliases we don't know it.
                    Nah...I can't imagine Amanda having the time to pop in here...besides it's too addictive...once you've visited you can't stay away!!
                    Although...it would be so totally wicked if she would pop in and say hi to all of us Samandans...but then I think GW would so totally crash!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I was just reading on another site that in the latest issue of Cult Times AT said
                      Spoiler:
                      that she reads stuff online and most of it is nice, but she gets really upset about the mean comments--they even make her cry.
                      She needs to spend her time here where we love her. I'm ready to send the Royal http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2929/emu9zl.th.jpg
                      to kick some butts of the mean posters.
                      All the more reason I'm glad so many Samandans are going to the event(s) in England. You can let her know the Samandans are with her. I'm so glad I was able to sign the poster too.

Edit: Yikes--I didn't even notice I had hit 3,600. Talk about running off at the mouth!
                      See...that makes me so sad to hear that there are people out there who can't keep their nasty comments to themselves...the saying goes..."if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"! She certainly does need to spend some time here...especially lately with all the talk about doohickeys and all....I reackon she'd love it!!

Congrats on your milestone of 3600 jckfan!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                        Exactly. I hope she does come around here. AT is awesome, Sam is awesome... She might be a little unnerved that we obsess over her love her so much, but she needs to know how much we appreciate her!
                        (((((((Amanda)))))))
                        Yay...same goes here!!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA View Post
                          And if AT is lurking around here....*cough hack* getalivejournalalreadywoman!speaktoyouradoringonlineGABITcrippledmasses!*cough*

*ducks back into her own warm fuzzy lurk*
                          LOL ...yeah...I second that!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I've been watching the Director's Series on the DVDs for Frozen (my favourite ep). ROFL at the post and "scenes that won't make it to the cut". AT is sooo funny.
                            scarimor

Comment

Righto...I'm off...gotta get Tom ready for bed and organise the school lunches and do all the mummy things before bed...goodnight everyone...take care and be safe!

Oh and Amanda...if you're listening/reading...please please please...come to Australia so I can thank you in person for being the wonderfully beautiful inspirational person that you are...thank you!! Cheers!!

(((Amanda)))

(((Samandans)))
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i dunno guys, i kinda like that, if AT lurks here, she lurks anonymously.

why?

remember when Torri came into the Torri thread earlier this year? Teh little thread, with 20 regular members all of a sudden had a coupel HUNDRED lurking and posting questions and the thread grew by about 20 pages in a single day

he regulars were annoyed by the lurkers who - they felt - came out of the woodwork and 'stole' their nice little thread. The newbies felt unwelcome and it really wasn't a fun thing

I personally would love it if she came here as herself, and as a mod i would do anything she wanted to protect her anoniminty, yet as a poster that witnessed the mess of the Torri thread, I'm just as happy that it stays anonymous, so that she can see us for us and we keep Samanda a nice quiet little corner of the net
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X