Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Interesting that Amanda has long hair in the new pics of her and RDA. Didn't Lida say that they just wrapped up (or are in the process of wrapping up) the season finale this week?

So, maybe they are doing a jump forward in time for Unending, to when Sam has long hair. Perhaps?
      Spoiler:
      And didn't Sam have long hair in the wedding scene in episode 200? Maybe the shippers will get their wish after all.
      ::: blink blink :::

Spoiler:
      SQUEEE!

-
      Last edited by minigeek; 03 October 2006, 09:34 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

maybe we'll even get to see it throughout the season. maybe at let her hair grow all last year

i think it's sorta cute if she did, i always was a fan of the s4 hair
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Spoiler:
          SQUEEE!

-
          hehehe mini

Spoiler:
          Just what every bride needs on her wedding night
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            hehehe mini

Spoiler:
            Just what every bride needs on her wedding night

Well you just never KNOW!

-

Comment

Sorry, just a quickie to say that *I* have a whistling kettle (one you put on the stove). However, most people use kettles that you plug into the mains, it's more common to do that and use instant coffee than have a coffee maker in the UK.

Jumper is another word for sweater/sweatshirt though it usually refers to a woollen top.

The one that makes me giggle is when people talk about pants, especially saying that Jack is pulling his pants down or something, like it's perfectly normal. Teeeheee.

I love Amanda with longer hair, actually much prefer it.

Anyway, catch you folks in a bit. Residents' meeting to go to.

Not that isn't residents of the asylum.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

well,
                Spoiler:
                sam's always been itching to get her hand on jacks' sidearm (and did grab it in 'it's good to be the king')
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  The one that makes me giggle is when people talk about pants, especially saying that Jack is pulling his pants down or something, like it's perfectly normal.
                  Perhaps because it is perfectly normal.

I agree with whoever said that it's the phrase 'to put on the kettle' that sounds non-American, not the act itself.

I'm thinking AT had extensions put in for that occasion.

I don't want to see Carter with long hair unless she learns how to wear it regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    Perhaps because it is perfectly normal.

I agree with whoever said that it's the phrase 'to put on the kettle' that sounds non-American, not the act itself.

I'm thinking AT had extensions put in for that occasion.

I don't want to see Carter with long hair unless she learns how to wear it regulation.
                    And NO PIGTAILS!!!!!
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      DEM, DEM, DEM... one does not 'put on the kettle', one 'puts the kettle on'
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                        Interesting! Another UK-Canada difference, I do believe. Canadians (unlike many/most? US speakers) tend not to separate the parts of a phrasal verb in such a context. Mandy?

In any case, youscareme, the verb is 'put on'.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          eh, we just plug the kettle in
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            eh, we just plug the kettle in
                            I've heard it said both ways here. Put the kettle on. Put on the kettle. As usual, the UK stick-up-the-butt-RIGHT-version and the US stick-up-the-butt-RIGHT-version are both poking us in different orafaces at the same time and we're getting it from both ends. So we're confused - also as usual - and so we compromise. It ends up hurting less... there's only so many holes to go around, eh?

mg (what??!)

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              I've heard it said both ways here. Put the kettle on. Put on the kettle. As usual, the UK stick-up-the-butt-RIGHT-version and the US stick-up-the-butt-RIGHT-version are both poking us in different orafaces at the same time and we're getting it from both ends. So we're confused - also as usual - and so we compromise. It ends up hurting less... there's only so many holes to go around, eh?

mg (what??!)
                              Wha'ts tha song Oooober was singing the other day???? Oh yea, "Here I am stuck in the middle...."
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                Interesting! Another UK-Canada difference, I do believe. Canadians (unlike many/most? US speakers) tend not to separate the parts of a phrasal verb in such a context. Mandy?
                                Ah-ha. The plot thickeneth... eth... eth.

In any case, youscareme,
                                hee!

the verb is 'put on'.
                                Mais non. Does one say, "I put on the kettle the stove." Or does one say, "I put the kettle on the stove." Wherefore the former? 'Tis surely the latter, from whence cometh, "I'm gasping! Put that kettle on!"

*waiting to be proved wrong by DEM's superior intellect. Inevitably. Again.*
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X