Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Yeah, I didn't quite agree with how they set up the defaults on the survey. I don't think it can truly be considered accurate because on the Atlantis part of the survey I answered that I didn't watch the show and didn't bother with the rest of the survey, but when I received my confirmation from them this is what it looked like.
    Holy Cow! Someone made a comment about this but didn't give enough explanation, so I had no idea what the person meant. Surely they recoded all else to missing when a person selected "I don't watch Atlantis", right? Please....

While I think it does give a general idea of how fans feel about the show, I don't think it's an accurate opinion.
    Or it may give a general idea about the opinions of those fans who didn't bail out. At best, it gives a general idea about relative standing of various elements. That's at best.

Nevertheless, I'm still irked that Carter placed so low. (And I don't recall "Team" even being an option for favourite character. )

Hopefully the next survey they make up will offer better explanation and default to no opinion.
    When I commented on the results, I came thisclose to handing them a virtual card.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      Maybe he was double packing...

That didn't come out right.

...it came out perfectly...good one chevronseven...
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Regardless of how RDA may or may not be with other women, it's pretty obvious to me that Amanda and RDA are really good friends and have a great time together. Personally, I would have loved to see more of that between Sam and Jack than the angsty storylines we were given.
        I love that they seem to be good friends & colleagues. Obviously Glassner & Wright saw the potential acting chemistry between them. Thank you G & W. I think the fact that AT cracked up RDA at the audition certainly didn't hurt.

Great photos. I'm not used to AT w/ long hair, but she looks good. Very Glam. I bet long hair particularly has an appeal for her since she's had to keep it "Air Force" for 10 years. But I think she looks great with short hair. Not everyone can pull that off.
        Those RDA photos make my heart go pitter-pat. How can that man stay so good looking?
        Last edited by jckfan55; 03 October 2006, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          Takes BACK olive branch; smacks scari upside head with olive branch; olive oil everywhere.

In other news, did y'all see the results of the SaveStargate Character & Plot survey?

Thanks to people like suse (), Samantha Carter came in 4th, behind "SG-1 team" and ahead of Vala Mal Doran.

Someone commented about the poor phrasing of the items; unfortunately, the response from one of the organiser types didn't provide much illumination, IMO.

Yes, and I also noticed that Sam won by a landslide on favorite female character.

And whereas Sam was much more a favorite than Vala and Cam, Teal'c was the least favorite character. That bothered me because he is an original character.

I also thought it was interesting that all the original characters were rated high in the excellent category (including Teal'c--yeh!), while the new characters' contributions were much less.

Surprisingly, for the Atlantis characters, only Mckay and Sheppard had high in excellent category for contribution.

Also, Sam fared the best overall compared to the other female characters--- Vala, Janet, Weir and Teyla.

But having said all that, I actually think the survey was not well designed either. As well, though, it's a sad statement that the female characters, except Sam, were rated much lower in terms of being a favorite and contribution to story. I'm not sure what to make of it. TPTB have lost their touch writing good female characters, and/or there is a positive bias toward male characters by those who filled out the survey.

I also don't like it when people can only answer 1 favorite character. I think a lot of people like a lot of the characters. Only a little more than a fourth picked Daniel as their favorite--another fourth picked Jack. Not surprising that the two originals had the highest scores, given that they are two characters from the movie and are male. Sam came out well, when compared to the other female characters and even to the male characters in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            So, I guess the expression "falling arse over tea kettle" would be lost on most Americans?

Dang! And I wanted to use that one, too.
            Huh?? Haven't heard that one before...we say "falling A over T"...which stands for something I'm not gonna repeat in this thread...if you know what I mean!!
            (((Deejay)))...hope you're feeling better soon!
            Bye all...have fun posting...I'm gonna go have one more cuppa then I'm off to work!!

Oh yeah...you all remember the nursery rhyme "Polly put the Kettle On" right?? She put the kettle on....she didn't put on the kettle...sorry...just got that darn song going thru my head after reading those posts...bye all...take care and be safe!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Also many of us saw Amanda in July at Shore Leave and we've seen pictures of her since and her hair was still quite short so unless she's using some amazing new hair product, it's highly unlikely it was her real hair, but I really liked your idea.
              Barbie "grow hair?"

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                Well...we aussies also say "put the kettle on"...or we simply say..."I need a cuppa...Niki...flick the kettle on!!"...
                Here in Wisconsin we're more likely to say, "Get me a beer. And a brat."

Forget the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  So, I guess the expression "falling arse over tea kettle" would be lost on most Americans?

Dang! And I wanted to use that one, too.
                  *I've* heard that & it's a good one. All this talk of tea kettles reminds me of that kid's song "I'm a little teapot short and stout..."

Comment

Well it looks like Sam is a bit worried about all that talking about how to write 'put the kettle on'. Cause she is affraid she won't get any coffee... and well that is what counts eh...to get or not to get coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Interesting that Amanda has long hair in the new pics of her and RDA. Didn't Lida say that they just wrapped up (or are in the process of wrapping up) the season finale this week?

So, maybe they are doing a jump forward in time for Unending, to when Sam has long hair. Perhaps?
                      Spoiler:
                      And didn't Sam have long hair in the wedding scene in episode 200? Maybe the shippers will get their wish after all.

I love that idea!

Long hair or short-AT's just gorgeous! The woman could pull off any look. And she's got that amazing personality-she's got it going on!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        ::: blink blink :::

::: blink blink :::

Spoiler:
                        SQUEEE!

-
                        Lovely Mini! Alas, I have no green for you!

Comment

that was one of my issues with that poll, the default WAS wrong. it should be 'no opinion'
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

think abouit the female characters on the show, the only 'surviving' one that does well is one that BRAD created, not coop.

vala, weir and teyla ARE weak. they are nothing more than stereotypes.

redeemed bad girl
                            mommy figure
                            sexy alien/young 'innocent'

and the writers do little to NOTHING to break them out of those stereotypes

thus they ARE weak. they bring not much to the show that any other female can bring.

think about it, if vala got killed off, what would we be missing?

link to adria? got that in daniel
                            scrounger? teal'c can do that if pressed

she's not much else

weir?

moons after john, anyone can do that
                            leads the city? again anyone. hell caldwell could step into her shoes quite easily

teyla?

pick an alien, any alien, make sure it's a girl andd she's replaced. not that the ethosians are pretty much written out and they have ronon to be the 'i visited this planet....' they don't need her anymore

but can you imagine sg1 without sam? put aside your preference for her...can you REALLY see the show working without her?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              (((((((((Deej)))))))

I thought you mentioned something about not feeling so hot last week...?

/me hands over some chicken noodle soup and some SG DVDs
                              Thank you. I should have had chicken soup actually. Might have made me feel better. I wish I could be lazy and stay home tomorrow. But, I have too much tio do.

Comment

pimpage

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3182543/1/

Mirror, Mirror:Treading Water

Chapter 1 of 9 is up for anyone interested/bored

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X