Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    that's what i'm worried about and why i try to make the distinctin between the characters and actors
    I think if a person is unable to make that distinction, there's something very wrong to begin with. So I'd not worry about it so much - that person would probably make their own twisted ladder out of odd innuendo no matter how you tried to quell it.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      Woo! Those are some fantastic pics! I love Amanda's dress. And RDA in purple is quite sexy. *sigh* I miss their interaction.
      I agree! *nods furiously*

Amanda looks absolutely stunning like that. She has style that's for sure. Simple but making a lasting impression!

PS: there should be an icon with Sam/Amanda with long hair.... Scari???

Comment

Just a quick reminder to those going to AT2

Originally posted by minigeek

Hi guys,

Sorry for chiming in so late - I've been AFK. The reason this probably should be done ahead of time is that Julia told me she needs the names so that she can arrange to have both people in the same part of the autograph line during the session (ahead of time). So I wanted to make it as easy on her as possible.

To be fair, the raffle is (I think) the best way to go. Lets do it the way we figured on this afternoon.

If you are going to AT2 and you are interested in joining me (and possibly holding me up! lol)

If you are interested in being the second presenter with me, send me a PM - I'll assign you a number (some random number I'll keep track of) and only you and I will know about it. Then I'll send MANDY a number and she'll keep them all in a little hat. At the end of (what, a week?), she'll draw a number out of the hat and post it here (and PM me). Say we post the winning number on... MONDAY OCTOBER 8. And then I can let Julia know so she can plan ahead for line order(s) etc...

I already have a couple of people PMed in... so lets start this way, I've been sending numbers (without names) to Mandy. That way she'll be able to put them into a hat and when she pulls one out, she'll post here on the monday and the person with that number (as well as me) will both acknowledge that it was theirs.

Simple and fair, I think. No?

geeek

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          ... That very chemistry is what makes actors on screen perform so well together - it's what makes the 'spark' that viewers love to see. Chemistry is, in fact, a form of attraction - it founds friendships and it founds more than that, but it is (no matter how you slice it), the intangible 'spark' that makes two people (or two actors) really have a great presence together in a dramatic setting on screen...
          Ah, there's my Sam/Janet *happy sigh*
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            Ah, there's my Sam/Janet *happy sigh*
            Shhhhh! everyone, don't tell scari what they did to Janet in S7
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i agree, there is an undeniable chemistry and friendship between them. and i agree that that chemistry led to sam and jack on screen

what i'm wary of is that some folks will read the most innocent comment and the next thing you know rumors are flying and people have the mistaken idea that rick and amanda are the same as sam and jack.

that's what i'm worried about and why i try to make the distinctin between the characters and actors
              That's completely understandable, but honestly people who can't make the distinction beween a fictious character an the actor who portrays them are never going to make that distinction simply by someone telling them it's so. It's the same with people who seem to get angry with an actor simply because they don't like what a character does on screen. Regardless if said actor has a heart of gold and is probably one of the nicest people in the world, they allow their dislike for that character to cloud their judgement and they end up directing that anger, frustration, and hatred towards the wrong person.

There have been rumors about Amanda and Rick for years, just as their are rumors about most co-workers who have a great working relationship. I seriously doubt that will ever change especially in an industry where so many actors & actresses have become romantically involved after working with one another.

It's pretty obvious from the behind-the-scenes clips that Amanda enjoys giving hugs and kisses. It part of her personality and it's probably one of the reasons she is so well liked amongst fans who have actually met her because she is so friendly and huggable. As long as she's happy and she's enjoying what's she's doing, then I don't see anything wrong with enjoying the chemistry she shares with a fellow actor. Fans will always make speculations and accusations, it's what they do because for some fans, life is much more interesting in the fantasies they create within their own minds. I wouldn't sweat it. In my opinion if Amanda were truly troubled by such speculations she'd be much more worried about expressing herself in public and in front of cameras. I for one am thankful that she's not, because I love that about her. It makes me believe that there is still hope for my daughter who is much like Amanda. As a parent I worry that perhaps she is much too open and friendly with people, but at the same time I admire those traits in her and hope that she never loses them, because I really believe genuine kindness and openess is something that the world can use a lot more of right now.

Comment

I'd green ya Kat - but I'm locked outta my fridge!

mg

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  so what did they do?!? I know Janet went on a holliday and Sam wasn't allowed to go with her best friends...Cause they needed her to much on the SGC...
                  Well that is what I tell myself

And Sam is still upset by the fact that she couldn't go on holliday with Janet

Comment

If TPTB had any hearts at all then Janet would have ascended, and we'd get to see her again in the tv movies, during the final fight against the Ori...

mg

Comment

Ooooh, it's my 2900th post , now to say something profound and inspirational.....

Um....I agree with mini
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        Ok JanSam made a gorgious vid about RepliCarter...I really adore the vid...I actually fell in love with it...Ok it is true I am biased...Cause I love everything from RC but still...

Song: Numb
                        Song by: Linkin Park
                        Music vid: RepliCarter
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFXCnN872d8
                        What a great vid JanSam!! Thank you Rep for pointing us to it

Comment

*fingers in ears* lalalala lalalala lalaaaaaaah
                          scarimor

Comment

Well Sky, I didn't want it to come down to this but you left me no choice
                            I've had to call out our national secret weapon

warning not for the faint hearted

Spoiler:
                            Heh! I used this pic (or one very, very similar to it) as a placeholder for my chapter on biological warfare agents.

My LJ

Comment

popping in to share a pretty...

She was so awesome in Jolinar's Memories.

Comment

Interesting that Amanda has long hair in the new pics of her and RDA. Didn't Lida say that they just wrapped up (or are in the process of wrapping up) the season finale this week?

So, maybe they are doing a jump forward in time for Unending, to when Sam has long hair. Perhaps?
                                Spoiler:
                                And didn't Sam have long hair in the wedding scene in episode 200? Maybe the shippers will get their wish after all.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X