Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I see it
    Spoiler:
    Teal'c has to walk Sam down the aisle since dad is dead and Hammond is gone and Daniel will be standing up with Jack. Too bad Janet can't be there for Sam - but hey, if it's AU - why not?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
      guys i just found out something weird... if you click the link in Ooooobers sig it will take you to a secret military base where shes planing a coup to make Sam the leader of the earth. lol j/k
      Don't mess with my emotions, 'cause I'm ready to join the movement, man! I've got my P90 and everything!

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Spoiler:

The strange thing is at Shore Leave Amanda said that they finally answer the S/J question and they answer it for both sides. That both sides will be happy, but for the life of me I just can't imagine an answer that would ever make the anti-shippers and the shippers happy.

So now I have no idea what to expect, but I think it's best for everyone involved to expect the worse so that you can't be disappointed.
        Spoiler:
        Well the way I see it is that the shippers will be happy cos we'll see them get married but the anti shippers will be happy cos it won't be for real! I never know what to expect so I don't get disappointed...not often anyways!! I'm loving this...this is gonna be so good to see...can't wait for the spoilers...I hate having to wait til next year to watch it...DoH!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiler:
          Yeah that was my first impression after reading all spoilers and the comments that AT and others have made. That there will be a wedding involving Sam and Jack will be there, but Jack will not be the groom. At first I thought, he would show up to stop the wedding between Sam and Pete, but then I thought they might even do something even meaner and make it so that Jack gives Sam away to someone else.

The strange thing is at Shore Leave Amanda said that they finally answer the S/J question and they answer it for both sides. That both sides will be happy,
          and then I think she added
          Spoiler:
          "Sorta."
          Spoiler:
          but for the life of me I just can't imagine an answer that would ever make the anti-shippers and the shippers happy.
          And I had *exactly* the same reaction
          Spoiler:
          I can't fathom a scenario that would make both the shippers and the anti-shippers happy. Not a one... and I've been mulling that one over since she said it.

My gut says that the shippers won't be happy... don't know about the anti-shippers.

I for one, think they just need to settle it. And move on. Stop dragging it out. The way that they've done the entire progression is just one more example of how they seem to love dividing their fan base into rabidly opposing factions that snipe at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            and then I think she added
            Spoiler:
            "Sorta."
            And I had *exactly* the same reaction
            Spoiler:
            I can't fathom a scenario that would make both the shippers and the anti-shippers happy. Not a one... and I've been mulling that one over since she said it.

My gut says that the shippers won't be happy... don't know about the anti-shippers.

I for one, think they just need to settle it. And move on. Stop dragging it out. The way that they've done the entire progression is just one more example of how they seem to love dividing their fan base into rabidly opposing factions that snipe at each other.
            Spoiler:

Amanda:
            We answer all the fan questions like if Jack and Sam are ever gonna get together and we answer it for both sides. Both sides of the argument are gonna be happy.

Audience: That's impossible.

Amanda: At least you'll have a good laugh.

Guess we'll see if we are all still laughing at the end of the episode.

Let me make this perfectly clear here and now...if the wedding scene turns out to be one of Sam's fantasies? I will definitely NOT be a happy camper. I don't care if it's Jack or Teal'c or Walter for that matter, but if it's Sam I will go ballistic. I'm sorry if this is upsetting to any shippers out there. I know you want this to happen and I hope they resolve the issue once and for all, but damnit it I'm tired of it always being about Sam caring for Jack. Let Jack fantasize about Sam for once!!

Personally I'd lay odds that it's Walter's fantasy.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 August 2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
              Well send him to me then FCOL!! I'll have him...for a fee of course!!
              Oi!!!! Now don't go bringing him here to the southern hemisphere - no fair!
              -

Comment

See, now I'm getting more and more upset with the 200th episode. I don't mind a little polite humor directed towards us. "Citizen Joe" was a great example of that. That was the best clip show/episode that I'd seen. I laughed the whole way through it.

Fast forward to this "episode." I hate it when writers and executives treat us like we're stupid. Sure, there are a lot of inside jokes to this one, like there was to "Wormhole Extreme," but I didn't care for it because it didn't make sense. We, the fans, weren't let in on their little secrets. Plus, I just have a bad feeling that's going to be taken to an even more juvenile level. Especially with this alleged "making both sides happy." It's impossible. But, since this is a throw away episode, I guess I really shouldn't care all that much.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                  I hear Antarctica is nice this time of year.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

Amanda:
                    We answer all the fan questions like if Jack and Sam are ever gonna get together and we answer it for both sides. Both sides of the argument are gonna be happy.

Audience: That's impossible.

Amanda: At least you'll have a good laugh.

Guess we'll see if we are all still laughing at the end of the episode.
                    OK... taking Forever's post and adding it to chelle's..
                    Originally posted by chelle db
                    Spoiler:
                    Well the way I see it is that the shippers will be happy cos we'll see them get married but the anti shippers will be happy cos it won't be for real! I never know what to expect so I don't get disappointed...not often anyways!! I'm loving this...this is gonna be so good to see...can't wait for the spoilers...I hate having to wait til next year to watch it...DoH!
                    I come up with
                    Spoiler:
                    They are sitting around the briefing table

Someone jokingly suggests a Wormhole Extreme episode where the CO and 2IC get married... and then everyone looks at O'Neill and Carter suggestively and provocatively - just waiting for their reactions. O'Neill and Carter look at each other... the scene melts to a 'fantasy scene' of their wedding... it's *way* over the top... Carter is too giggly and bubbly... Jack is too smiley...

Then it drops out of the wedding-scene fantasy...
                    Carter and O'Neill are still looking at each other.

One or the other of them grimaces... the other looks 'in askance'

they mutually shake their heads with a definitive 'No'... 'Next Idea?' quickly demanded to get off of the distasteful subject that puts them in the uncomfortable hotseats.

So... there, the shippers get their wedding scene shots... they can screen cap them and plaster them everywhere... and pretend that J&S are together... but the anti-shippers will be gleefully focussed on the J/S negative reactions after the wedding-fantasy.

Now, I personally, would hate this whole scenario. But I could see how some folks could see this as 'both sides getting what they want'. No ship in reality, but a fantasy wedding scene with all of the trimmings.. perhaps even in front of the gate... the oft-mentioned 'on the ramp' ceremony....

Maybe the good laugh is supposed to come at the 'over the top'-ness of the wedding scene fantasy, as well as their go-for-laughs reactions after the fantasy scene is over?

Comment

Oh, and another fic: http://miralyn.livejournal.com/1650.html. It's only a 100 word drabble, yet it packs more characterisation and more Sam than alot of stuff I've read that are 7 times its wordcount

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        OK... taking Forever's post and adding it to chelle's.. I come up with
                        Spoiler:
                        They are sitting around the briefing table

Someone jokingly suggests a Wormhole Extreme episode where the CO and 2IC get married... and then everyone looks at O'Neill and Carter suggestively and provocatively - just waiting for their reactions. O'Neill and Carter look at each other... the scene melts to a 'fantasy scene' of their wedding... it's *way* over the top... Carter is too giggly and bubbly... Jack is too smiley...

Then it drops out of the wedding-scene fantasy...
                        Carter and O'Neill are still looking at each other.

One or the other of them grimaces... the other looks 'in askance'

they mutually shake their heads with a definitive 'No'... 'Next Idea?' quickly demanded to get off of the distasteful subject that puts them in the uncomfortable hotseats.

So... there, the shippers get their wedding scene shots... they can screen cap them and plaster them everywhere... and pretend that J&S are together... but the anti-shippers will be gleefully focussed on the J/S negative reactions after the wedding-fantasy.

Now, I personally, would hate this whole scenario. But I could see how some folks could see this as 'both sides getting what they want'. No ship in reality, but a fantasy wedding scene with all of the trimmings.. perhaps even in front of the gate... the oft-mentioned 'on the ramp' ceremony....

Maybe the good laugh is supposed to come at the 'over the top'-ness of the wedding scene fantasy, as well as their go-for-laughs reactions after the fantasy scene is over?
                        Oy. That would be cruel on about 50 different levels.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                          Well everyone else seems to want to send him to Canada

But then again...we do have a lot of frozen tundra and ice flows in the arctic...so yea its okay you can send him here, and Vala of course so she can find ways to keep him warm
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Just stumbled across this link...

If you get bored and have a minute or two, perhaps you can add why Sam is your favorite character (in 10 words or less).

Sam

Comment

Just stumbled across this link...

If you get bored and have a minute or two, perhaps you can add why Sam is your favorite character (in 10 words or less).

Sam
                              My addition (why Sam is my favorite character in 10 words or less):

Kick-butt soldier, brilliant, clever, compassionate, giving, strong and loving.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                My addition (why Sam is my favorite character in 10 words or less):

Kick-butt soldier, brilliant, clever, compassionate, giving, strong and loving.
                                I posted:

"Not* the stereotypical inept geek played for simply laughs or damsel-in-distress

... of course, I went over 10 words... wonder if they will post it?

10 words or less makes us all sound like we can't talk or write...

Comment

Working...
                                X