Clear All

spoilers for '200'

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    and then I think she added
    Spoiler:
    "Sorta."
    And I had *exactly* the same reaction
    Spoiler:
    I can't fathom a scenario that would make both the shippers and the anti-shippers happy. Not a one... and I've been mulling that one over since she said it.

Spoiler:
    speaking just for myself, as an s/j shipper -

the 'only' scenario i can see both sides being happy (enough) with would be that even though the wedding we see in the ep is fake, the real sam and jack let it be known they want to get married some day. so the shippers know that sometime in the future, sam and jack will get married to each other. the antis could be happy that the wedding they saw was fake, and that any real marriage would most likely be dealt with off screen.

but just because i thought that through (with shippers getting the best end here) doesn't mean that the ptb thought it out that much, or really care that much about this subject.

i hate being so bitter.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Amanda would be thrilled to hear that as Lucy and Carol Burnett are two of her favorite comediennes!

Er ... gotta run as I have TONS of packing still to do to move to the Berkshires next Monday! And, I'm still working at the office through Friday. But this is such a nice diversion. Will be without my computer from Friday until ... ??!!
      Keep up the great posting! I'm in touch with SamFan31 and Astro and Coley should anyone want to reach me in the next few weeks.
      Great to have you drop by Jester . I hope the move goes well, and that you get your computer back before ??!! as that doesn't sound like a very good time to get it back . Take care, hope to see you soon!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        OK... taking Forever's post and adding it to chelle's.. I come up with
        Spoiler:
        They are sitting around the briefing table

Someone jokingly suggests a Wormhole Extreme episode where the CO and 2IC get married... and then everyone looks at O'Neill and Carter suggestively and provocatively - just waiting for their reactions. O'Neill and Carter look at each other... the scene melts to a 'fantasy scene' of their wedding... it's *way* over the top... Carter is too giggly and bubbly... Jack is too smiley...

Then it drops out of the wedding-scene fantasy...
        Carter and O'Neill are still looking at each other.

One or the other of them grimaces... the other looks 'in askance'

they mutually shake their heads with a definitive 'No'... 'Next Idea?' quickly demanded to get off of the distasteful subject that puts them in the uncomfortable hotseats.

So... there, the shippers get their wedding scene shots... they can screen cap them and plaster them everywhere... and pretend that J&S are together... but the anti-shippers will be gleefully focussed on the J/S negative reactions after the wedding-fantasy.

Now, I personally, would hate this whole scenario. But I could see how some folks could see this as 'both sides getting what they want'. No ship in reality, but a fantasy wedding scene with all of the trimmings.. perhaps even in front of the gate... the oft-mentioned 'on the ramp' ceremony....

Maybe the good laugh is supposed to come at the 'over the top'-ness of the wedding scene fantasy, as well as their go-for-laughs reactions after the fantasy scene is over?
        continiuing spoilers for '200'

Spoiler:
        speaking only for myself, if i had to choose between seeing the fake s/j getting married, or seeing the real sam and jack being happy about the idea; *i'd pick the real sam and jack's HAPPY reaction*.

you talk to any sam/jack shipper, and all they want, all they've ever wanted, was the REAL sam and jack getting together. and i bet that if you polled the shippers on my above scenario, i bet they'd choose the same answer. (your scenario would be heart-breaking)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

This is what I'd like to see happen to Jack and Sam
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            This is what I'd like to see happen to Jack and Sam
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            YES!!!!! OH PLEASE YES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Oooh...are we doing "Share Your Favorite Sam Pics" today? SWEET!

Here are some of mine:
              hidden for room
              Spoiler:

From 2001:

I love this one because it's so rich in character depth. First we have Samantha Carter, the Soldier. She's just rapelled off the side of the harvester here. Second, we have Samantha Carter, the Brave/Samantha Carter, the Dare Devil. She's moments away from slicing the rope and plummeting down through the event horizon. Not for the faint of heart. We also have Samantha Carter, the Compassionate. She looks up and sees that Joe Faxon is urging her to go. She doesn't want to...she wants to go up there and kick some Aschen butt. And I think she would have if she wasn't moments away in this shot from seeing the bio weapon being prepped for earth.

From Avenger 2.0:

Okay, okay. I know everyone's gonna ask why I didn't pick the cool shot of her picking off the Jaffa in favor of this one. Well, the answer's simple. This shows Samantha Carter, the Straight Man. The look of abject horror in her eyes is just BEYOND priceless. Superhero by day...Barbie Doll by night. *snerk* Anyway, just a funny scene from two people who could play off of each other like no one's business.

From Death Knell:

Here we have Samantha Carter, the Defeated. Take a good look because it doesn't happen often. She's about as exhausted as one could be, pretty badly banged up and at her wits end...and trapped. Her move to MacGyver the rocket to blow up the Kull warrior was genius...but not enough. Here Sam sees that he's risen from the rubble and is about to kill her. Scary stuff for our brave Lt. Colonel.

From Emancipation:

Here we have Samantha Carter, the Exasperated/Humiliated Dress Up Doll. "Daniel, find me an anthropologist that dresses like this and I will eat this head dress." BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, those were the days.

From It's Good to be King:

Uh oh. Maybourne's gone and done it now...giving us Samantha Carter, the Disgusted. "WiVES???!?" That look she gives him as she's walking away makes it clear he'd better be glad he lives MANY worlds away.

From Foothold:

And speaking of Maybourne, and you've all been waiting for this I'm sure...Samantha Carter, the Insubordinate. w00t. One ticked off Major ripping an idiot Colonel to shreds. This here is the essence of who Samantha Carter is, I think. Her true core. Sure, she may present herself at times as just a demure scientist/officer who plays by the rules and follows procedure as best she can, but cross her or threaten what she knows is right and she will tear you a new one...regardless of your rank. Just ask General Bauer. I want more of this please. And does she look cool in that jacket, or what???

From Heroes Pt. 1:

And then we have Samantha Carter, the Camera Shy. This is a woman who does her job for the right reasons. She's saved the galaxy how many times now? and yet, she doesn't care about accolades and couldn't care less about tooting her own horn or having it tooted for her. She's there because it's her duty, not because it makes her look good. And btw, this one single pic just does NOT do the scene justice. Amanda takes on a slew of mannerisms in just a few moments that communicate how insanely uncomfortable Sam was at this moment. *makes mental note to create an animated gif of this clip*

From New Order Pt. 1:

Here's yet another one we don't see often. Samantha Carter, the Terrified. Fifth had her and he was seriously perturbed. More than that...he was incensed. She betrayed him. He trusted her and she used his "humanity"...his belief in her...against him. And he wanted her to pay. Sam knew it. She knew what was about to happen to her would be horrific and she was scared to death.

From Seth:

Ah yes...another aspect of Sam we'd LOVE to see more of...Samantha Carter, the Former Host. Here we see her mid-Seth-smooshing with a ribbon device. Yes, my fellow Samandans...a RIBBON DEVICE. Which requires that you hosted a symbiote at one time, which Sam did. Remember that??? Hail Dorothy.

From Urgo:

Just because it captures how irritated she was at Urgo...one of my very favorite one off episodes...and we get Samantha Carter, the Irritated. Just the look in her eyes. Do we really need to hear the scene to know how irked she is???

From Affinity:

Here we just have Samantha Carter, the "Dressed to Kill in her Civvies" Chick. Seriously...the only thing great about that crap episode was how utterly fabulous she looked. Of course she also looked great in the kevlar vest with the pistol where she's leading the team to rescue Daniel (again)...but I don't have that pic on hand. *weeps bitterly*

From Icon:

And lest we forget, here's another pic of Samantha Carter, the Heroic/Samantha Carter, the Perpetual Rescuer of Daniel Jackson. Oh yes, yet another occasion when our favorite blonde officer risked life and limb and led an incursion team into hostile territory to save the good archeologist. And some say she's "just a scientist." Shyeah right.

Also from Icon. What can I say??? I just love this picture. It's quite possibly my favorite of the series. From a shallow side, her hair just looks incredible...I love this cut on her. Going to the deeper meaning though, we see Samantha Carter, the leader of SG-1. Calm, cool, capable, snarky and in charge. Nuff said.

From Moebius 1:

And finally...this just wouldn't be complete without at least ONE AU Sam...Samantha Carter, the Tragically Geeky. Yup. Without the Stargate Program, our beloved Carter would have lived a hopelessly meaningless life as a paper pusher. Hard to imagine...and yet OH so funny to watch.

There are of course others but I'm sure other people want to play "Share Your Favorite Sam Pics" too. So I won't be a hog.

Ooh, another brilliant post with great piccies and thoughts. Wonderful Über!
              You've captured some great moments and a couple of Sam's slightly quirkier expressions.

deepspace is liking the look of this "Share your favourite Sam pics" game.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                Spoiler:
                YES!!!!! OH PLEASE YES!!!!!!!!
                What was that LAD, I couldn't quite read it
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  What was that LAD, I couldn't quite read it
                  Yeah...she needs to learn how to express herself more clearly.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    for sam's personality type, i would expect her with a more, well manly man. and by that i mean, a man that's a bit more forceful, more alpha male. sam is a very strong personality and it struck me as odd that she'd choose a guy that she coudl so easily overwhelm, both physically and with personality
                    I dont agree with that at all I dont see why Sam has to have an 'Alpha Male'. In fact, since there's a lot of talk of symbolism (ie, Sam doesnt have command because she's a woman, BB is the new star because he's male etc etc), how is 'the woman needs an alpha male to tell her what to do' any better?
                    I also find it interesting that in Pete Bashing fic, Pete is usually shown as violent and agressive (qualities of an 'Alpha Male'?) so people can have an excuse to bash the character.

Comment

somebody said something about a Sam and Mitchell ship. *eek* I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        I dont agree with that at all I dont see why Sam has to have an 'Alpha Male'. In fact, since there's a lot of talk of symbolism (ie, Sam doesnt have command because she's a woman, BB is the new star because he's male etc etc), how is 'the woman needs an alpha male to tell her what to do' any better?
                        I also find it interesting that in Pete Bashing fic, Pete is usually shown as violent and agressive (qualities of an 'Alpha Male'?) so people can have an excuse to bash the character.
                        I don’t think Sam needs an Alpha Male either, but I do think she needs someone who is just as strong as she is. She needs someone who can respect her boundaries and who is secure enough in himself to understand that her work is very important to her (and the planet) and that it will most likely always be a priority in her life. She also needs someone who will trust her no matter what. She definitely doesn’t need someone to tell her what to do. If anything, she needs someone who will allow her freedom and space to be who she is and to do what she needs to do.

Pete was not such a man. Not only was he portrayed as insecure and suspicious in “Chimera,” he also overstepped the boundaries that Sam had clearly set. He also was continuously portrayed as being somewhat clinging. I personally don’t see him as potentially abusive. I don’t even see him really as a stalker. I see him as an overly suspicious, untrusting, and insecure man. And that, IMHO, is not the type of man Sam could spend the rest of her life with.

I don't like fic where Pete is portrayed as an abuser, simply b/c Sam is always written OOC in those fics in my opinion. I don't think Sam would put up with being abused for one minute. But then again, I didn't think Sam would put up with a man storming out of her house at dawn (after sleeping with her) b/c she wouldn't reveal exactly what she did for a living either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
                          Well some people like that. And even though that thought squicks me out...that's fine that they like that pairing.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
                            DON'T LOOK SALLY!!!!!!!JUST DON'T LOOK
                            Ah darn, I think she looked
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I always though Sam was to good for Pete. I guess I was right! Wasn't he like a cop or something? And shes what? The smartest person in the world and a Colonel working at the most top secret military instalation in the world... Go Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                DON'T LOOK SALLY!!!!!!!JUST DON'T LOOK
                                Ah darn, I think she looked
                                LOL! Thats great!

Comment

Working...
                                X