Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    I thought it was because I was a baaaad little girl.

*gasp*

For SHORE LEAVE in July! You aren't going and you live there? For shame...

*puts chair in the corner for Chillin*
    LOL, along with the chair in the corner, you'd better pass me the dunce cap, because I don't know what that is! A con?

Yep, July can be brutal. And August. And most of September...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Über is your Asgard name.
      Dude. I have an Asgard name? Does anyone know how to pronounce it? Because it kinda looks like Aceber...thus Ace for short.

But does anyone know how to pronounce? I'd like to respond to those who speak to me while this situation is being resolved...

...which I hope it will be.

Resolved, that is.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Dude. I have an Asgard name? Does anyone know how to pronounce it? Because it kinda looks like Aceber...thus Ace for short.

But does anyone know how to pronounce? I'd like to respond to those who speak to me while this situation is being resolved...

Resolved, that is.
        I'm going with a hard "C", just because it's unlikely. And, going against all pronunciation rules, making the final "E" long.
        So, kind of like Ack-a-beer.

But feel free to ignore that. I would.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          I'm going with a hard "C", just because it's unlikely. And, going against all pronunciation rules, making the final "E" long.

well lets not be hasty here. i think i could be in favour of calling her "Ack" rather than "Ace".

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Resolved, that is.
            My best guess would be to treat it as three different syllables, a glottal stop after the ?. The accent over the A shows a rise and fall in intonation (like a sing song). the œ is the most common umlaut, o with an umlaut, pronounced something a little like "errr".

So your name sounds a little like

AaAerrrber
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost

Beer?!??

But...but...I don't drink.

*whimper*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                My best guess would be to treat it as three different syllables, a glottal stop after the ?. The accent over the A shows a rise and fall in intonation (like a sing song). the ? is the most common umlaut, o with an umlaut, pronounced something a little like "errr".

So your name sounds a little like

AaAerrrber
                AaaaaAaaaaerrrber.

Just rolls right off the tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by ?œberSG-1Fan
                  Beer?!??

But...but...I don't drink.

*whimper*
                  Then... non-alcoholic beer? [ew, the bad taste without the buzz]

Okay, don't think of it as beer. Think of it as funny tasting iced tea.

edited to add... Okay, I was amazed when I found out we can put smileys in that reputation thingee, but pictures??? Animated pictures??? I'm sooooooooo impressed.

Comment

Just thought I'd share this. I asked a question a while back on a Q &A page they having going on SciFi World for Rachel Lutrell and I see that she answered. Cool!

Anyway, I asked: I hear there will be some crossovers in this coming season. What do you think of the idea of Teyla and Sam Carter working together & perhaps saving the day?

She answered: I love the idea of Teyla and Carter working together. I think they would make one hell of a team!

Also in response to another question, she said she thought Teyla "would appreciate and respect Carter and that she would feel an immediate affinity towards her."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Just thought I'd share this. I asked a question a while back on a Q &A page they having going on SciFi World for Rachel Lutrell and I see that she answered. Cool!

Anyway, I asked: I hear there will be some crossovers in this coming season. What do you think of the idea of Teyla and Sam Carter working together & perhaps saving the day?

She answered: I love the idea of Teyla and Carter working together. I think they would make one hell of a team!

Also in response to another question, she said she thought Teyla "would appreciate and respect Carter and that she would feel an immediate affinity towards her."
                      excellent. i'd actually quite like to see that too. i think the two of them would have some pretty great chemistry. it'd be a nice dynamic. and i'd say she'd impress the hell out of ronon too.
                      mckay might not like it too much though.

i'd actually love for AT and Mitch Pileggi to have a scene together, considering x-files history and all that. but just, not one thats related to their x-files history. same actors, way different story line.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        excellent. i'd actually quite like to see that too. i think the two of them would have some pretty great chemistry. it'd be a nice dynamic. and i'd say she'd impress the hell out of ronon too.
                        mckay might not like it too much though.

i'd actually love for AT and Mitch Pileggi to have a scene together, considering x-files history and all that. but just, not one thats related to their x-files history. same actors, way different story line.
                        So what you don't want to see
                        Spoiler:
                        them in bed together
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

or
                          Spoiler:

sam as a prostitute who ends up with a broken neck, while caldwell (is that his name?) starts hallucinating. yeah. i don't want to see that. oh who am i kidding!?! that sounds like a great stargate episode!

Comment

Okay I knew it would go for a lot but I never guessed the lunch with RDA & AT would go for $ 30,000

https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                              I have to admit, that such a situation would be WONDERFULLY hilarious.

*wonders if she should dare the Sam/Jack ship thread*

Sel.
                              Seldear? SELDEAR!! Another fantastic writer has exposed herself..I mean joined us

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                Okay I knew it would go for a lot but I never guessed the lunch with RDA & AT would go for $ 30,000

https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance
                                wow. who the hell has that kind of money!?! hey, maybe chris judge bought it. maybe they refuse to sit with him at lunch, so he figured he'd show them!

i think if i had the money to spend to have lunch with 2 actors that i admire for charity ( and only for charity), i'd do it , and have the other person that i'm allowed to bring be someone who would never be able to do it, or a child who loved the show or something though. like a make a wish foundation type of thing. i'd feel way to guilty to use that advantage solely for myself.

you've gotta admire AT and RDA for doing this though, considering that the person who spends that kind of cash to meet them might not have the charity in mind, and might possibly be a tad obsessive. not that we're obsessive or anything. just not $30k obsessive.

but, wow, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X