Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Yes - great idea.

Then add in that the naquadah and protein marker from Jolinar actually inhibit her free use of the tech... so she never realized that she could use any of the Ancient stuff... it didn't work for her when they first ran across the Ancient tech - so no one checked her genetic profile... or... they knew, but didn't know why it didn't work for her.

Hmmm.. then it turns out that she can use the Ancient tech... but not very well... not with predictable outcomes... and it's extremely physically taxing.... Hmmmm.... (so there are reasons that she asked Jack to come to Maybourne's planet in IGTBTK)... or maybe there is more than one 'Ancient gene'?

Edited to add:And then just a few posts down... TJ has the same idea!
    Hmm, I'm not sure the protein marker would really have an effect on using Ancient technology since Jack has the same protein marker as Sam and it never seemed to have a negative effect on him. At least he, Janet and Teal'c were all suppose to have the same protein marker as Sam after Legacy, but maybe the writers forgot about that in later episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Yes - great idea.

Then add in that the naquadah and protein marker from Jolinar actually inhibit her free use of the tech... so she never realized that she could use any of the Ancient stuff... it didn't work for her when they first ran across the Ancient tech - so no one checked her genetic profile... or... they knew, but didn't know why it didn't work for her.

Hmmm.. then it turns out that she can use the Ancient tech... but not very well... not with predictable outcomes... and it's extremely physically taxing.... Hmmmm.... (so there are reasons that she asked Jack to come to Maybourne's planet in IGTBTK)... or maybe there is more than one 'Ancient gene'?

see what happens when you take a group of fans that love a certain character? look how many ideas we come up with. WE LOVE SAM!

on a side note: i'm watching the old show 'columbo' (nothing's on until 'medium tonight... well, to me at least). anyhoo, columbo asked this one guy why the owner of the winery didn't make champagne, or make the bottles that the wine went in. the guy's answer: "it's better to do one thing really well, then to do many in a slipshod fashion." the first thing that came to mind was the ptb trying to do two shows at once!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Didn't they inject everyone with it? Now that's an angle, they inject Sam and something hinky happens because the gene reacts with Naquadah.

Ee super!sam who can sudenly fly and read minds

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Well maybe not the actual gene itself, but even the ATA Gene Therapy treatment. I remember JM saying that none of the current SG1 (Sam, Cam, Dan or Teal'c. Not sure on Vala, but I wouldn't imagine) have the gene itself, but nothing was said about the Gene Therapy.
        sigpic

Comment

Well maybe not the actual gene itself, but even the ATA Gene Therapy treatment. I remember JM saying that none of the current SG1 (Sam, Cam, Dan or Teal'c. Not sure on Vala, but I wouldn't imagine) have the gene itself, but nothing was said about the Gene Therapy.
          I agree. Further we know she doesn't because she can't turn on Ancient technology. Like in "It's Good to be King" she needed Jack to show up to activate the ship once she got it wired.

RANDOM SAM APPRECIATION MOMENT:

Sam (glowering): Wives?!??

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

PS-> Oober, that animated Sam/Jack pic you repped me with earlier is ... very distracting!

*fans self*

she bestowed that sweet gift on me too!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I agree. Further we know she doesn't because she can't turn on Ancient technology. Like in "It's Good to be King" she needed Jack to show up to activate the ship once she got it wired.
              Yep. And its quite possible that they weren't using it back on Earth just at the moment, since the first we hear about people from Earth having the gene therapy treatment is in Seige pt2.
              RANDOM SAM APPRECIATION MOMENT:

Sam (glowering): Wives?!??
              Jealousy

Comment

I agree AD. Given the usefulness of ancient technology over the past few years and the fact that they DO have that gene therapy injection, it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't inject ALL SG teams with it, because you never know when using a piece of the tech might come in handy.

Having said that, I always thought it was a HUGE cop out and a waste that they invented that "gene" and took away from the neat special-ness of people like Jack and/or Sheppard having been born with it. I think they should have kept that idea going.

BUT... based on what they've done in canon, I can't see why they wouldn't have already given the gene to everyone on SG-1, including Sam. I don't think they have, though; because frankly I don't think they've thought that much about it in the writer's room yet. Doesn't make much sense, however.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  Didn't they inject everyone with it? Now that's an angle, they inject Sam and something hinky happens because the gene reacts with Naquadah.

Ee super!sam who can sudenly fly and read minds

That would be BRILLIANT!!!

Ive read SO many fics where she's injected with... various things, that react all wonky to the naquadah. They should do it in the show more than just saying "oh, naquedah makes her immune" or w/e.

Super!Sam ftw. I always thought it would be hilarious if she could read everyone's minds... even if we didn't hear them ourselves, if they just had her reacting to things, and potentially accidentely blurting out things... aaah the possibilities...
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

is the gene therapy treatment thinger from atlantis? so it changes ppl's genes to have the ancient properties? if so, BRING IT ON FOR SAM!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Jealousy
                      More like utter repulsion like she felt about Turghan. He should be glad she wasn't in the mood for a tussle or he'd be knocked on his tush with a blade wedged firmly against his carotid artery.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        More like utter repulsion like she felt about Turghan. He should be glad she wasn't in the mood for a tussle or he'd be knocked on his tush with a blade wedged firmly against his carotid artery.
                        You're no fun Uber

Comment

You're no fun Uber
                          Hey, I was quite enjoying my little scene there, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            Super!Sam ftw. I always thought it would be hilarious if she could read everyone's minds... even if we didn't hear them ourselves, if they just had her reacting to things, and potentially accidentely blurting out things... aaah the possibilities...
                            That has such great humor potential!

Comment

mwahaha, just wait till I can rep Uber again. I have an animated icon here that will be payback for her repping me with that!
                              And yet you confessed to the fact that it was hot (which of course in no way suggests you're leaning toward the hawtness of Jack/Sam, only that you appreciate a REALLY great kiss when you see one).

So why then would you torture me with something you know I won't like? Hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                I agree AD. Given the usefulness of ancient technology over the past few years and the fact that they DO have that gene therapy injection, it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't inject ALL SG teams with it, because you never know when using a piece of the tech might come in handy.

Having said that, I always thought it was a HUGE cop out and a waste that they invented that "gene" and took away from the neat special-ness of people like Jack and/or Sheppard having been born with it. I think they should have kept that idea going.

BUT... based on what they've done in canon, I can't see why they wouldn't have already given the gene to everyone on SG-1, including Sam. I don't think they have, though; because frankly I don't think they've thought that much about it in the writer's room yet. Doesn't make much sense, however.

i know, i know!

when they inject sam with it, *that's* when she developements telepathy!

sally
                                Last edited by majorsal; 17 April 2006, 08:18 PM.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X