Originally posted by Skydiver
    ok, the winner of the season two best episode is

drum roll

drum roll

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Matter of Time

with ITLOD coming in second

weeeellll.... i picked 'in the line of duty'

'a matter of time' is super cool with super cool sam!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      But it has Sam!!!
      I know, but even she couldn't save the episode for me.
      sigpic

Comment

Cold Lazarus
        Crystal Skull
        Absolute Power
        Orpheus

this has to be 'missing' or altered states of consciousness or something.

if it wasn't for cold lazarus, i'd say daniel night, but if it wasn't for AP i'd think that it was mising person night

that set up makes no sense
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          weeeellll.... i picked 'in the line of duty'

'a matter of time' is super cool with super cool sam!

sally
          so did a lot of others.

mot won by a margin of 4
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Amanda's bumper from tonight.

"I love it when it's the four of us going off, wreaking havoc in the universe, and all of our little idosyncrasies and disfunctions coming together, you know, in a crisis moment and how we deal with it, how the interpersonal relationships play. I love it when there's an episode about all four of us; those are kind of my favorite stories. Of course, now it will be all five of us. Six, if you count Beau. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger..."

http://null.digitalmyrth.com/SG/amanda-17apr06.avi

Clip by me, thanks to Myrth for space.

mirror: http://rapidshare.de/files/18284754/...apr06.avi.html
            Last edited by parsifal; 17 April 2006, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal

"I love it when it's the four of us going off, wreaking havoc in the universe, and all of our little idosyncrasies and disfunctions coming together, you know, in a crisis moment and how we deal with it, how the interpersonal relationships play. I love it when there's an episode about all four of us; those are kind of my favorite stories. Of course, now it will be all five of us. Six, if you count Beau. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger..."

Whoo, thanks!

Comment

Woooooo, *does happy dance* thank you very much
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

*applauds* I'm two for two so far!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Cold Lazarus
                    Crystal Skull
                    Absolute Power
                    Orpheus

this has to be 'missing' or altered states of consciousness or something.

if it wasn't for cold lazarus, i'd say daniel night, but if it wasn't for AP i'd think that it was mising person night

that set up makes no sense
                    Character study via family

Cold Lazarus - explores Jack via his loss of, and alienation from, his former life and family, and his rapprochement into life - and family - with SG-1

Crystal Skull - explores Daniel, via his alienation from his past and family, and his regaining his past family as much as possible, and his current SG-1 family.

Absolute Power - explores Daniel's own desire to alienate himself from his SG-1 family, and his finding his way back to them, while still foreshadowing his later "Ascended" family with Oma.

Orpheus - explores Teal'c via the repercussions of losing family - Junior and Dreyauc - how Teal'c felt that alienated him from his Jaffa 'family', and reclaiming membership the reclaiming of self and family in rescuing Ry'ac and his 'foster fathe' Bra'tac.

On Edit: Hmm - Sam could have a couple of 'Carter Family' Mondays with SG-1 eps, but, the writers never quite used those eps to offer insight into Sam in quite the same way, or maybe, quite the same degree. Wonder if it's a male character / female character thing?
                    Last edited by Simhavaktra; 17 April 2006, 07:25 PM.
                    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

so did a lot of others.

mot won by a margin of 4
                      I love ITLOD. It's one of my favorite episodes, but I really don't view it as a Sam episode. To me it was much like Entity. It was a wonderful episode for Amanda, but I consider an episode a great Sam episode when Sam makes a positive contribution to it and we get to see her handle a unique situation, be it emotionally, scientifically or in a military aspect and while the events that took place in this episode did have a huge impact on Sam, Sam did not have a huge impact on the episode. Like everyone else has mentioned, I really wish we could have seen how Sam dealt with Jolinar's memories more. But the writers tend to use memory loss as a means to deal with just about everything. Sam only saw glimpses of Jolinar's memories so we saw very little of how this affected her personally, just as we never really saw how having the Ancient's depository downloaded into his brain affected Jack or how ascending affected Daniel. It was just easier for the writers to make it so none of them really remembered anything after the event so that they wouldn't have to deal with it in great detail.

Comment

Yay.. those are my two favs

Meanwhile TJ.. Sam in leathers?!! Where?!!? lol.. [smirks at rhetorical question]

I watched The Changeling and the other three eps on that DVD last night... forgot how damn good those eps are.. the crashed spaceship one, the one where Prometheus ejects the warp cor... umm hyperdrive thingy!! Man.. the good old days.. and Sam stripping!

ok, the winner of the season two best episode is

drum roll

drum roll

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Matter of Time

with ITLOD coming in second
                        sigpic

Comment

Parsifal you rock!!! And you don't have to credit me everytime if you don't want to.. my name is the url.. that'll do... lol

Originally posted by parsifal

sigpic

Comment

So okay. Did anyone get a high quality version of the first Amanda mini interview from a couple weeks ago? When she was talking about Jack/Sam?

High quality. I have a low quality version...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              Yay.. those are my two favs

Meanwhile TJ.. Sam in leathers?!! Where?!!? lol.. [smirks at rhetorical question]

I watched The Changeling and the other three eps on that DVD last night... forgot how damn good those eps are.. the crashed spaceship one, the one where Prometheus ejects the warp cor... umm hyperdrive thingy!! Man.. the good old days.. and Sam stripping!
                              Sam stripping? I assume we're talking Replicarter.... or I've missed a damn good episode. And I couldn't resist a smirk at how things on here and the ATClub board reflect each other.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

It just keeps getting bigger and bigger and then you read about the Canadian dollar and the possibility of the tax break being taken away and it all goes to hell - makes me wonder why they did not see the forest through the trees (could no one see the Canadian dollar progressing while they were out spending big chunks of the budget on things that, in the end, proved wholly unnecessary) and why they had to spend good $$ on getting the cast so much bigger with people who are probably pulling down a good chunk of the budget so we are stuck with less of the Stargate (it's always the cost excuse for that one) and less of what made SG1 SG1 but that $$ used on those who shall remain nameless could have been used to keep the real Stargate SG1 going - oh well just another lament on the loss of the real thing and it didn't have to be this way except for lack of forethought in many, many ways . . . . . I bet that TPRTS thought that with their shiny new toys they would keep pulling in huge numbers so the $$ situation would not affect them as much because they could keep pulling in the ad revenue - again, seems they were wrong in that department too. I think they miscalculated a whole lot of different things in S9.
                                Last edited by binkpmmc; 03 May 2006, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X