Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Just checked my email! I got an offer too. Looks like it was a pair of tickets that got cancelled! WHoooooooot!!!!
    YAY!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

/me is jealous

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        /me is jealous
        Me too
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

/me is jealous
          Oh man... I SERIOUSLY think we need to start a GET AD TO GABIT fund... I'd pay into it!! If only just to see his face when she sits down next to him at the table... LOL!!! Wish we could do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Oh man... I SERIOUSLY think we need to start a GET AD TO GABIT fund... I'd pay into it!! If only just to see his face when she sits down next to him at the table... LOL!!! Wish we could do it!!!
            I think it's worth doing to get a snapshot of the matching pools of drool when Amanda sits between us.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I think it's worth doing to get a snapshot of the matching pools of drool when Amanda sits between us.
              LOL poor Amanda... she should be warned in advance! Or at least offered a raincoat...

Comment

You know, Sam really is a great character, isn't she?

Brilliant scientist, strong and capable soldier and leader. Compassionate, giving and loving. Willing to sacrifice personal fulfillment for the sake of duty and honor. Makes mistakes but doesn't sulk about them...rather she learns from them and moves on with her life.

She's been through so much in the time we've known her...these 9 short years where we saw her evolve from the young Captain spouting the Über-feminist "reproductive organ" spiel to try to fit in to this man's Air Force to the incredibly confident/competent leader we know today. She's lost friends and loved ones and suffered greatly at the hands of some cruel enemies. She's been to hell and back to rescue her father. She's killed gods and blown up suns.

But still at the core, she is a deeply compassionate and giving person who loves her friends and would sacrifice herself to save a whole planet or just one person. She is the essence of character and integrity rolled up in a brilliant and strong mind.

And with Amanda playing the role so deftly, she adds such depth and pathos to what could have been a very dry character who constantly spouts nonsensical techo-yadda-yadda with a propensity for all things naquadah related.

Instead we have a thoroughly multi-dimensional heroine with flaws and loves and strengths and fears.

No wonder I love this show so much. Just her presence alone makes the show worth watching.

I'm just sayin'.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Well obviously they haven't met my 5'0" Polish mother. She could make the strongest marine wimper
                  Perceptions are just that - perceptions - and logic isn't necessarily involved. And having a 4 foot 10.5 inch Polish Aunt like that myself, I'm scared of your mother from here!

My own mother thinks that that 'girl from the show with MacGyver' is just hideous because she's blonde, blue eyed, and 'cute.' Growing up, all my Mom heard from her Mom and relatives was how she wasn't attractive, good, or nice because she's a green-eyed brunette, so, voila, my Mom perceives Sam Carter as a brainless, mean-spirited, sex-crazed, cutesy displacement of air just as sheer, stubborn, illogical refusal to go along with their illogical perceptions. :helpless shrug: We are making progress on this front, though - tall was also bad in grandmother's and great aunts' books, so the fact that Sam is 5 foot 8.75 inches tall actually caused Mom to rethink a bit. It's now an actual compliment, however left handed, when I watch Stargate at my parents' house with my Dad (he thinks Sam is neat ) and my Mom makes note that Sam's 'looking tired, isn't she?' because she's seeing Sam and not her relatives' prejudices.
                  ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Brilliant scientist, strong and capable soldier and leader. Compassionate, giving and loving. Willing to sacrifice personal fulfillment for the sake of duty and honor. Makes mistakes but doesn't sulk about them...rather she learns from them and moves on with her life.

She's been through so much in the time we've known her...these 9 short years where we saw her evolve from the young Captain spouting the Über-feminist "reproductive organ" spiel to try to fit in to this man's Air Force to the incredibly confident/competent leader we know today. She's lost friends and loved ones and suffered greatly at the hands of some cruel enemies. She's been to hell and back to rescue her father. She's killed gods and blown up suns.

But still at the core, she is a deeply compassionate and giving person who loves her friends and would sacrifice herself to save a whole planet or just one person. She is the essence of character and integrity rolled up in a brilliant and strong mind.

And with Amanda playing the role so deftly, she adds such depth and pathos to what could have been a very dry character who constantly spouts nonsensical techo-yadda-yadda with a propensity for all things naquadah related.

Instead we have a thoroughly multi-dimensional heroine with flaws and loves and strengths and fears.

No wonder I love this show so much. Just her presence alone makes the show worth watching.

I'm just sayin'.
                    Just keep on sayin it Uber!
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      LOL poor Amanda... she should be warned in advance! Or at least offered a raincoat...
                      Yupp, she really needs warning. A stuttering, hyper, blubbing, manically laughing British wreck of emotions, with one helluva warped accent (once Coley's finished with me) is gonna give her a nervous breakdown!!!

OOOOOOooooooberrrrrr!!!!!!
                      We love you hunney! I've missed you! ((((huggles))))
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                        Perceptions are just that - perceptions - and logic isn't necessarily involved. And having a 4 foot 10.5 inch Polish Aunt like that myself, I'm scared of your mother from here!

My own mother thinks that that 'girl from the show with MacGyver' is just hideous because she's blonde, blue eyed, and 'cute.' Growing up, all my Mom heard from her Mom and relatives was how she wasn't attractive, good, or nice because she's a green-eyed brunette, so, voila, my Mom perceives Sam Carter as a brainless, mean-spirited, sex-crazed, cutesy displacement of air just as sheer, stubborn, illogical refusal to go along with their illogical perceptions. :helpless shrug: We are making progress on this front, though - tall was also bad in grandmother's and great aunts' books, so the fact that Sam is 5 foot 8.75 inches tall actually caused Mom to rethink a bit. It's now an actual compliment, however left handed, when I watch Stargate at my parents' house with my Dad (he thinks Sam is neat ) and my Mom makes note that Sam's 'looking tired, isn't she?' because she's seeing Sam and not her relatives' prejudices.

Wow that says a lot for Sam's character, to be able to change a person's prejudices
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Too far down the page for my liking so here's a bump up.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                            Channelling Sam here: most large snow storms actually contain a great deal of cloud to cloud lightning, and, hence, of course, thunder. The snow content of the clouds actually aids them in developing and holding a charge in the cold, dry winter air. It's just rare that the lightning and thunder occurs at an altitude that makes it perceptible to observers on the ground. It's often much more perceptible from aircraft aloft near, or in the storm.

Channelling Daniel here: traditionally / superstitiously, "Winter's thunder brings summer's wonder" and a winter storm with thunder and lightning portends a year/summer of strange occurrences, upsets, unexpected events, reverses of fortune, et cetera. This tradition dates back to the Roman era, at least, when lightning strikes - and what they struck - were routinely taken as omens, and, therefore, a storm out of season was an even more meaningful omen. (I wonder if the Ancients taught the Romans that, too...) Since this is the second thunder snow this winter, it'll be interesting to see what the year actually holds.
                            Thanks for the meteorology and mythology lessons! Let's hope that the gods are kind!

In the meantime, I took a walk around my neighborhood after the storm and will say goodnight by sharing some winter beauty with you all ...

Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I'm just sayin'.
                              And you've said it extremely well! Thanks for reminding us again of Sam's strengths and depths!

Comment

/me three

/me is jealous
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X