Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Yes, if they want us to accept it, they've got to write a plausible reason. Yeesh.
    hint: mitchell has good leadership skills (really!? where?!) is NOT a good reason.

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Here's a website that details all the Air Force decorations and awards:
    http://www.af.mil/news/airman/0100/medals.html
    and here's a site the gives you all the juicy details about EVERY one. because you all would just LOVE to read that. and here's a generator to find the ORDER they go in. (check some boxes and look at the pretty colors).
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      The Medal is the Air Force version of the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Here's a little factoid...there have been only SEVENTEEN Air Force recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Well eighteen if you include Cambo.

My new theory is that Cameron didn't actually get the Congressional Medal of Honor - surely the President or the Head of the Air Force would present that.

Since he was so down in the dumps and wasn't making much headway in his recovery, Sam had a replica fashioned to give him a bit of a boost.

She's so sweet.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        RDA is 14 years older than AT, I think (IRL). As to their characters, I always thought Jack was younger than RDA, and I know Carter is younger than AT. I always put them (in my own head) at about 12 years apart. My own parents are 15 years apart - doesn't seem to bother them much, either.
        According to 'Entity' and 'Fragile Balance', Jack is sixteen years and two months older than Sam.

Besides, Martouf was at least a hundred and Orlin a heck of a lot older than him.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          According to 'Entity' and 'Fragile Balance', Jack is sixteen years and two months older than Sam.
          Yes, but those screen shots of age listings aren't really something I ever perceived them putting a lot of thought into. They're for background more than anything, which is why I think it's up to the audience to really fill that in themselves. Unless someone actually mentions age in dialogue as a canon bit of exposition. Often times those kinds of background items even end up contradictory if continuity doesn't catch something one time and then does another. Then what do ya do?

Fact is "timelines" and "ages" are probably among the number one thing that TV series' tend to muck up. Because unless they're integral to the plot arc, they can easily be forgotten about. Even in dialogue. Sam told Jack in THREADS that she'd had four years to get to know Jacob since he took his Tok'ra symbiot and was thusly 'saved' from Cancer - well, by our count, it was six years ago that he'd done that, right? So now what?
          Last edited by minigeek; 12 April 2006, 08:56 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

My new theory is that Cameron didn't actually get the Congressional Medal of Honor - surely the President or the Head of the Air Force would present that.

Since he was so down in the dumps and wasn't making much headway in his recovery, Sam had a replica fashioned to give him a bit of a boost.

She's so sweet.
            works for me
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              works for me
              As long as Cameron never realizes that it's plastic, they're okay.

Comment

As long as Cameron never realizes that it's plastic, they're okay.
                He hasn't realized that his rank insigna is plastic yet, either, so I think it's all good.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

you say that like you think it's not possible

do you think colonel cupcake will get off his sugar high long enough to realize it's plastic???

and anyway, there are - unfortunately - replicas out there.

oh, did you know that it's a felony i believe to impersonate a CMOH winner?

sigpic

Comment

He hasn't realized that his rank insigna is plastic yet, either, so I think it's all good.
                    score!

we're so mean

sigpic

Comment

Fact is "timelines" and "ages" are probably among the number one thing that TV series' tend to muck up. Because unless they're integral to the plot arc, they can easily be forgotten about. Even in dialogue. Sam told Jack in THREADS that she'd had four years to get to know Jacob since he took his Tok'ra symbiot and was thusly 'saved' from Cancer - well, by our count, it was six years ago that he'd done that, right? So now what?
                      time on the show is relative

in arthur's mantle cam says it's been 6 months since they recovered the thingie, yet vala's physical condition suggests that it's been longer (not to mention lines of dialogue)

and we're really supposed to believe that from the end of evolution to death knell it was a month???

grace, chimera AND fallout all happened in that month??? heck, it woulda taken most of that for sam to recover from her evolution and grace injuries, not to mention having time to save langara AND meet and fall for Pete

sigpic

Comment

oh, did you know that it's a felony i believe to impersonate a CMOH winner?
                        Lovely. They can go easy on him at the court martial but they really can't have him leading SG-1 if he's running around impersonating a CMOH winner, now can they?

Such a pity... well, not really.

Comment

lolol

well, since he's fakely inpersonatng a CMOH winner i think it's ok. it's likely why we will never really see cam wearing his medal

another bit of trivia, did you know that CMOH winners are saluted???? BY EVERYONE. going by protocol, Landry should salute mitch.

but i doubt they did thier research when they pulled the name of a medal out of thier hats to hand to him

sigpic

Comment

lolol

well, since he's fakely inpersonatng a CMOH winner i think it's ok. it's likely why we will never really see cam wearing his medal

another bit of trivia, did you know that CMOH winners are saluted???? BY EVERYONE. going by protocol, Landry should salute mitch.

but i doubt they did thier research when they pulled the name of a medal out of thier hats to hand to him
                            Well, that's OK. We'll never hear about Cameron's CMOH again, I'm sure. They don't want to seem contrived or anything.

Comment

But you see, Landry doesn't know about Sam's cunning ruse.

What is this "research" you speak of? I don't think the writers have heard the word.

Comment

works for me
                                me too

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X